Intuition Plug Race

Searched but couldn't find any info. Any mags running the plug race (tongue)? Any feedback? Looking add a small degree of warmth and stiffness in addition to just being in a liner that takes up less volume in my tight boots.

yes, it will do ALL of that, and be a bit lighter as well.

Several years ago Crystal at Intuition hooked me up with a pair of prototype liners that may have been the predecessors to today's plugs. Thin but very dense (like Pink Pearl eraser dense) foam for my very tight boots. I would bet the modern versions will do exactly what you want. I must put my liners on first then into the boot but they have not worn out nor packed out at all.

Does the Plug Race have dual density foam like the Race FX? The Race HD foam density, while thin, was very uncomfortable. Didn't work for me at all.

Intuition Plug Race

I’ve been trying everything to get an intuition in my tlt6’s. I have them punched to perfection. The major issue seems to be at the front of the lower shell opening. The Velcro adds too much thickness where the liner tongue attaches to the liner. Tried the pro tour mv, then remolded that pro tour and squished that Velcro area in a vise. Still too tight. Then tried the lv Dreamliner (recommended from intuition because the soles/bottom of those are thinnest). With The over all volume of that liner I couldn’t even get in the boot . Yesterday just tried the power wrap plug lv. That was the best but still too tight, mostly in the original trouble spot. Dynafit liners are just paper thin. And cold. I’d be interested to hear about this “plug race (tongue)”. What boots are you trying to make them fit into Leavenworth? Wondering if it’s the same/similar to mine?

I use a set of plug wraps and I like the liner quite a bit. firm liner, but has worked well for me to fix tight fitting cold boots while maintaining a stiff flex. That plug race look good too.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I’ve been trying everything to get an intuition in my tlt6’s. I have them punched to perfection. The major issue seems to be at the front of the lower shell opening. The Velcro adds too much thickness where the liner tongue attaches to the liner. Tried the pro tour mv, then remolded that pro tour and squished that Velcro area in a vise. Still too tight. Then tried the lv Dreamliner (recommended from intuition because the soles/bottom of those are thinnest). With The over all volume of that liner I couldn’t even get in the boot . Yesterday just tried the power wrap plug lv. That was the best but still too tight, mostly in the original trouble spot. Dynafit liners are just paper thin. And cold. I’d be interested to hear about this “plug race (tongue)”. What boots are you trying to make them fit into Leavenworth? Wondering if it’s the same/similar to mine?
    Let me know if you find anything that works, as I’m in a similar situation, trying to find Intuitions to fit in my Salomon S/Lab X-Alps. Have tried some packed out Alpines that I had lying around, and purchased LV Dreamliners, but I still need less volume.

Do you people have a high instep?

I do and the only intuition liner or any liner for that matter that I can use is the pwr wrap
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I do and the only intuition liner or any liner for that matter that I can use is the pwr wrap
    I have a relatively low instep, it’s just that the X-Alp shells have a super low instep, and the stock liners are so thin and mushy (glorified socks). They’re very comfortable, it’s just that I feel like I’m packing them out (ie. having to adjust the buckles a little tighter) every time I use them, and I crave the predictable support I get from Intuitions.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Let me know if you find anything that works, as I’m in a similar situation, trying to find Intuitions to fit in my Salomon S/Lab X-Alps. Have tried some packed out Alpines that I had lying around, and purchased LV Dreamliners, but I still need less volume.
    I will. FWIW the Dreamliner had the most volume out of everything I tried. The lv power wrap plug had the least and was oh so close.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

I do but it’s not so much the instep as it is at the front of the boot just behind my toes where the shell opening starts/stops. I too like the wrap but that spot of the boot shell is where the pw initially doubles over. It takes up less space there than the pro tour tongue junction with the thick Velcro but still too tight. I may see if I can some how stretch/punch the boot shell up a touch at that spot. Bit of the problem lies in redistribution of the volume of the boot shell. I’ve punched my tlt6’s 4 times along the outside and that has brought the top of the shell down a bit. They fit like the juices gloves at this point. Just need a touch more in the affected area without ruining my side punches

LVS: I'm pretty sure these or a precursor to these came with my Dalbello Scorpions. I like them a lot, even ran them in my Vulcans for a few years until I decided to go PW plug. Funny story, PW plug wasn't molded to a tiny alpine shell so I actually ended up needing to punch my Vulcans afterwards because the PW plug wouldn't get thin enough.

@grinch: have you tried using a vice to spot-compressing the liner right at that point?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Just checked out the new Tour Mod liner on their website. Hope to check it out at the Intuition shop.
    https://intuitionliners.com/shop/tour-mod/

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post

@grinch: have you tried using a vice to spot-compressing the liner right at that point?
    I did with the pro tongues. It helped but not enough. Also thinking I could remove the Velcro and attach the tongues by sewing them with something thin to attach them. I didn’t spot compress the pw plug. The plug and Dreamliner I didn’t mold. They were new and was able to try them and send them back. Have to regroup And take some deep breaths and go back at it soon. Cold is coming next week

High instep and arch here. I have both squeezed the overlap of PWraps and removed volume at the overlap with an xacto knife. Both can work with enough fiddling.

I ran the race plug liner for a few seasons and liked them just fine. They are dense as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Just checked out the new Tour Mod liner on their website. Hope to check it out at the Intuition shop.
    https://intuitionliners.com/shop/tour-mod/
    Oooh. The PW plug I've been using is a bit too thick on the outside of my foot and also too thin in the instep. I'm starting to get heel lift but I can't crank the instep buckle any tighter without hurting the outside of my foot. Was thinking this or the LV pro tour, but this seems like a winner. Curious about the "extendable toe box" though.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I have a PW Plug in my Vulcans and had to improvise by beating the shit out of it on the inner side/heel with a ball peen hammer while in the middle of nowhere for a week. It worked but I got a bit aggro with the hammer and ended-up punching a hole in the right liner that now rubs and gives me a blister ... so I'm also looking for something LV to replace the Plug PW's.

I'm not wild about the PW's with a touring boot. They're so friggin hot my boot fills with sweat. I was thinking the Pro Tour with a stiff tongue, but then I used the questionnaire form on the Intuition site and they recommended the Dreamliner in a LV, which I hadn't even considered so now I'm all vapor locked on pulling the trigger.

And now I looked at that Tour Mod, and it looks really interesting. So Dreamliner LV, Pro Tour LV with Stiff tongue, or Tour Mod are the choices ...
    Who cares how the crow flies

I’ve got Pro Tour LV that’s never been molded in 26.5 I’d give a great deal on. PM if interested.

Wondering if anyone has any direct comparison with Race FX or Race HD?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025