sixth toe question

Did a search but couldn't find anything. I have skied zip fits for what seems like forever, and I think due to the thin neoprene front I tend to get sixth toe bang easier than in other liners. I have multiple punches and continue to punch whenever I need it. It does its job but wondering if I could couple it with sewing some padding to the liner along the side of the foot?

Anyone else experienced something similar and tried anything? Thanks

Same here. Zipfits. Going in to the shop today, actually, to drive my bootfitter crazy and requesting bigger 6th toe punches on both feet.

I haven't tried intuitions yet, but all the stock liners I've had before seem to be just as thin in that area as the zipfits. At least the neoprene and shearling wool in the zipfits in the toe box is squishier than the stock liner material. So haven't thought of the need to try putting in padding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My zip fit is older gen with no wool lining

I have pretty prominent tailor's bunions. I used to need huge punches for my 6th toe, but downsizing boots and unweighted footbeds have made a big difference for me. Good footbeds that stabilize rearfoot pronation are the most important, and I run a very tight shell fit so my foot doesn't move around. I actually like the zipfits that only have neoprene out almost to the styloid process because they're not too tight on the bunion, but my feet might be different than yours.

YMMV.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 12-16-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

My foot beds fit great, and I know I'm in the right shell length. Other ideas?

Obviously, we have different experiences so I'm not sure how much help my input will be.

-Do you have bunions or just a sensitive 6th toe? If a bunion, I've been trying toe spreaders to reduce it and it seems to be working a bit.
    - Have you tried a varus wedge? BOW?

Also, there's much more to proper shell fit than length. But if you're sure you're in the correct shell, I'm certainly not going to argue.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos