North Cascades adventure skiing video

Andrew and I (jacob) wandered out to a rarely traveled winter destination in the North Cascades. With high pressure and drivable roads, we decided to check out the north slopes of Granite Mountain up Ruth Creek. The approach from the Hannagen Pass trailhead involved some skinning, ski carries, hiking through steep snow free forest and lots of boot packing. When we reached the summit we were staring at a awesome looking chute right off the summit, without knowing if it would go, Andrew went to check it out. After a quick scope the chute tightened into a beautiful rock hallway leading into a big apron. A few more chocks lead us all the way into the Middle Fork Silesia Drainage. A mellow skin to the col gave way to an excellent proto-corn sunset lap, that turned into tight alder bushwhack skiing (classic cascades). An adventurous day in the mountains with powder and cornish snow in the same day!

Your video link didn't come through the first try. I've embedded it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobmandell View Post

Andrew and I (jacob) wandered out to a rarely traveled winter destination in the North Cascades. With high pressure and drivable roads, we decided to check out the north slopes of Granite Mountain up Ruth Creek. The approach from the Hannagen Pass trailhead involved some skinning, ski carries, hiking through steep snow free forest and lots of boot packing. When we reached the summit we were staring at a awesome looking chute right off the summit, without knowing if it would go, Andrew went to check it out. After a quick scope the chute tightened into a beautiful rock hallway leading into a big apron. A few more chocks lead us all the way into the Middle Fork Silesia Drainage. A mellow skin to the col gave way to an excellent proto-corn sunset lap, that turned into tight alder bushwhack skiing (classic cascades). An adventurous day in the mountains with powder and cornish snow in the same day!

Well done
    I’m digging the music