Fairy meadows hut BC

Anybody ever stay there? A friend is going as his friend won the lottery drawing to reserve it for a week. Place looks amazing. They're bringing a guide, a cook and the rest is filled with friends...a lot Wildcat and Cannon skiers. Stoked they are!
    http://backcountryskiingcanada.com/F...dow-Hut-Review

Andrew did that hut a few yrs ago- he loved it. Keeps wanting to take me there
    You get heli'd into the hut and each person cd take 100lbs of gear/ rations so some people bring in kegs etc lol
    they had a blast
    Are you thinking of joining the group? you should
    Here's some of his mini write up and a video to get your buddy stoked
    https://www.powder.com/stories/best-...y-meadows-hut/
    skid luxury

It’s rad. You’ll need/want glacier gear/skillz.

Getting water is kind of a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    Are you thinking of joining the group? you should
    Nice! I just shared Andrew's article with him. Thanks!

No, I'm not part of that crowd. I know some of them casually, but they're a fair amount older than me, so I just don't know them well, I only know one guy.

Go for sure! Great hut, amazing terrain. It's the real deal, avalanche-wise, so be on your good behavior. Be prepared with glacier gear, as someone says above.

We put in for the last week of March/ first week of April one year in the lottery but didn't win it. Then we got an email in Feb, saying that they had screwed up the bookings and now had no-one at the hut for that exact week. Did we want to go for just the cost of the heli and only per person? Ha! So we were there for a week with a group of 5! Lots of fresh tracks for everyone and plenty of room to lounge.

And the sauna is killer.

Our friend in Golden told us to take EVERYTHING out of our vehicles for that week as cars had been broken into a lot along the highway, so we put all our gear in her garage. She was right- when we flew out all our cars had busted windows and vandalism, but they were all empty of gear etc. But we still had to get our rear window replaced in Golden- what a pain. We wished we'd left our car unlocked with a note on the window: "Yo crackhead, the door is unlocked!" Heads up on that one!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FM1.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	334.7 KB 
ID:	218963

Pillow city, and long glacier descents. Nothing it doesn't have. Go for it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

There are no Trip reports about this on TGR.

Stayed there for a week this Fall. Lovely hut, Amazing Sauna, looks like great terrain. Not a lot of tree skiing if things are sketch, but would love to go back to ski.

Do not hesitate. Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    It’s rad. You’ll need/want glacier gear/skillz.
    Can you elaborate? I mean, ice ax and crampons and ropes, sure... but beyond that? Are there a lot of sketchy crossings to get out to certain zones or what?

the best view of blue ice cliffs from the outhouse you'll ever see
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Can you elaborate? I mean, ice ax and crampons and ropes, sure... but beyond that? Are there a lot of sketchy crossings to get out to certain zones or what?
    I guess it depends on where you want to go and your group’s risk tolerance.

Getting over the granite glacier to ski Scotty’s or Sir William was roped travel for us, at least the section nearer the Adamants. There were definitely sags and other features in the snow that were orange flags when we were there, which was in early spring, so good snowpack.

YMMV. Definitely no roping on the Friendship side if you stay over there.

The granite glacier ski run is awesome, but there was evidence of cracks skiers right coming into the flat, where the mini icefall is.