Sandy Hook Elementary School...five years later.

This is NOT a poli-ass style gun/anti gun thread. ***Please don't make it so.***

This is simply a thread in memoriam to the 20 children and 6 adults who lost their lives on this date 5 years ago.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

That day remains to this day one of the saddest days of my life. More so, even, than 9/11...and up there, actually, with the day my father died, and the separate day my best friend died.

I remember something someone called into a radio show after the Orlando shooting. I think it applies just as well here. Simple yet profound...like good things often are.

"I knew none of you...

I miss all of you."

RIP

Thank you, Tortoise,for turning me on to a group I have never even heard of before. Sun Kil Moon. and their earlier iteration, Red House Painters....how could I have missed these guys?

This song of theirs seems quite apropos to this thread:

"The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

The only person around me that remembers it (at least enough to mention it) is my 15 year old son (10 at the time). I had to take him along with me to a job site meeting in Fall River, MA because he had broken his leg the day before, and he couldn't stay home alone. The news came over the car radio, and I had to try and explain to him what we were hearing. Bums me out that none of my kids seem phased by this stuff anymore.

Interestingly enough, the company I work for was able to supply some site materials for the new school they just built down there. It was strange looking at the site and building plans, thinking about what had happened there. May sound corny, but it was an honor to be involved.