Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Amazing. Do you really think they should honor this agreement they made 5 years ago, that you decided to ignore this whole time? Or are you just embarrassed that you knew you should have dealt with this long ago, and now you've gotta cover by getting mad at someone?

How exactly were you going to wind up paying for half the value of these in shipping, anyway? You said if you were unlucky and had to pay taxes and customs. It doesn't seem like you'd have to pay those on a return. But this means you didn't really even look into returning the skis. How did you think you were going to be able to ignore this for 5 years and then still get your money back? The cost of the skis doesn't even mean the same thing 5 years later, how would the most honest company even know what they owe you after this long?
    Well they owe him full retail price he paid. Least that's his story.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Name:  Dean.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  35.8 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

It doesn't necessarily.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

I hear Rax Skis have a no questions asked, lifetime warranty. PM Rontele for more info!

Have the doctors cleared him to post?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Yeahhhhh, if five years ago I offered to sell my car to you for $5k and then never heard from you again, and then you showed up today demanding I honor the deal, our conversation would be a pretty brief one.

Maybe Goode has decided to wait five years before sending your refund check.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Yeahhhhh, if five years ago I offered to sell my car to you for $5k and then never heard from you again, and then you showed up today demanding I honor the deal, our conversation would be a pretty brief one.
    Actually, that would work out pretty good for you.

LA grave - wanna buy my car today, for 5% under KBB? You can pick it up in 2022.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Winner

The customer is always jong.

There had to be some intervening communication, right? I mean, nobody would get the "ok, I will refund if you send me the skis" and then wait 5 years -- without communicating that -- to send the skis and expect the refund, right? Right?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

OP will likely not be back to post. He didn't find the support he required. Let this thread drift off as to not further ruin Goode skis name.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by la_grave View Post
    Before this thread I assumed that honesty was as important for Americans as it is for the rest of the world. I am surprised that my assumption seems erroneous

Before this thread I assumed that honesty was as important for Americans (I guess most people on this forum are Americans) as it is for the rest of the world. I am surprised that my assumption seems erroneous (or is this attitude specific for people on this website?).
    You do know who we elected to be our President right? Clearly, honesty is not a priority for many Americans. Trump's election should also give you some insight into our position on consumer rights.

You obviously never been to La Grave. Do you even own a passport?
    Nope. Typical American asshole. You ever ski Big Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    gaper :

welcome to my Ignore list.

stuck. is a magg. ( / mang )

skiJ
    I appreciate the support, but the unintentional hilarity of this is well worth keeping him off the ignore. It's aight, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Could have fooled us.
    usedtacould
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I still don't understand why anyone would buy Goode skis? Especially if you had to order from the US to Europe and pay $180USD shipping? Just why.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

And as an aside, how much would it cost to send a pair of skis without bindings across the pond? :
    $188. Per the email from 2012.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    five star

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Dude, you waited 5 years to return the skis. How long should their offer or a refund lasted? 10 years? 100? Into perpetuity?
    Perpetuity, of course. Why not? That e-mail is basically a contract. If Goode had gone bankrupt while I was waiting, I would've been my own fault but beyond that there is no reason for this "offer" to be time limited.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    No one here is saying that they shouldn't have honored what they told you. We're saying you're an idiot for waiting five years to send them back. If I was the owner of that company I would assume you've been skiing them all this time.
    They were broken and unskiable. Maybe you should read up on things before you post? Or do you love to see your own words on the screen so much you couldn't resist?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I still don't see how shipping back from where you live would've been more than the original purchase price. You must suck at shipping
    I didn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And as an aside, how much would it cost to send a pair of skis without bindings across the pond?
    Something like $400-500 (not including possible taxes and customs). As you can see Goode themselves paid almost $200 and they surely pay according to some enterprise price list that is much cheaper than what a single person pays for the same service.

Interesting (retarded) attitude in this thread. Goode has not refused to return the money, they have admitted to have lost track of the skis and then decided to stop communicating. THAT is the why they are a scam because this could have happened with a pair of skis that are a week old.

If they had referred to some legal issues like "according to our terms and conditions you must return the skis within six months to be entitled to a reimbursement" then it would/might have been (unnecessary) bad customer service or something like that, but not a scam. However. signing of the package and then claiming they lost it could happen to anyone and it is a "good" way to scam people. Also, ceasing to respond to communication is a clear sign of fraudulent business practises.

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Amazing. Do you really think they should honor this agreement they made 5 years ago, that you decided to ignore this whole time?
    Of course. Why shouldn't they? Are you gonna call your bank tomorrow "my mortgage agreement is more than five years old, therefore I think I don't need to honor it anymore". Good luck.

Or are you just embarrassed that you knew you should have dealt with this long ago, and now you've gotta cover by getting mad at someone?
    I "dealt" with it immediately and realised it was unreasonable to send it that way.

How exactly were you going to wind up paying for half the value of these in shipping, anyway?
    The quotes on shipping alone I got was around $400-500. Add customs etc to that.

But this means you didn't really even look into returning the skis.
    No it doesn't. That is a logical fallacy.

The cost of the skis doesn't even mean the same thing 5 years later, how would the most honest company even know what they owe you after this long?
    Are you this stupid or are you just trolling? Maybe by looking at the original invoice?

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    That is a brilliant analogy. Idiot. Besides, do you think your car retains it value? I would be extremely happy if someone bought my car for it's market value five years ago. That you even think this example is smart says a lot about you.