Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    this thread just keeps on giving

Come on guys. He finally convinced me he's right. I'm not sure how or why but I feel his conviction to the matter counts for something, so I'm just going to go with it.

I'm starting to lean towards taking the OP's side.

Just kidding. He's a whiney bitch.

I'm going to spell it out for the OP.

You may be right on a number of things (emphasis on "may", as in I have no idea on the matter). Goode may have terrible customer service. They may have incompetent warehouse workers. The owner may be an asshole. They may have intentionally tried to make life difficult for you, and they may still be doing so. It may have cost you $400 to ship the skis back. And over time, you may convince people of all of these facts, I dunno, but probably not (see next paragraph). Have I missed any?

Oh, yeah, just one. What you will never convince me or anyone else here of, however, is that it was remotely reasonable to wait 5 years to submit your skis for a warranty claim, with absolutely no intervening communication with the company on the matter. And that fact trumps all the other "mays" above. And always will.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^

Name:  mic-drop-2boom.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  15.8 KB

God damn it Danno. He had me convinced and then you had to go and fuck it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by la_grave View Post
    That is a brilliant analogy. Idiot. Besides, do you think your car retains it value? I would be extremely happy if someone bought my car for it's market value five years ago. That you even think this example is smart says a lot about you.
    Unlike skis, of course, keep their value in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm going to spell it out for the OP.

You may be right on a number of things (emphasis on "may", as in I have no idea on the matter). Goode may have terrible customer service. They may have incompetent warehouse workers. The owner may be an asshole. They may have intentionally tried to make life difficult for you, and they may still be doing so. It may have cost you $400 to ship the skis back. And over time, you may convince people of all of these facts, I dunno, but probably not (see next paragraph). Have I missed any?

Oh, yeah, just one. What you will never convince me or anyone else here of, however, is that it was remotely reasonable to wait 5 years to submit your skis for a warranty claim, with absolutely no intervening communication with the company on the matter. And that fact trumps all the other "mays" above. And always will.
    /end thread

With that smack down this thread is now ready for Hall of Fame induction.

i feel like buying a pair of goode skis at full price is like owning a white couch.

you are just asking for trouble.

Next time support his jilted ego and unfair treatment. Then millions of electrons will be spared.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

I am seriously curious of how you define "self-entitled" and how that definition applies to my situation. Please enlighten me.

Meanwhile, have a look here https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...31#post5194631
    OK, I will quote myself as a partial answer--if you can't see that it takes a certain (massive) amount of assumed entitlement to hold onto a pair of skis for five years, not provide any indication of what's going on and/or communicate with Goode during that time, and expect to somehow get a refund or exchange, then I think that that precisely demonstrates the problem. You need to critically examine your expectations and see how they look from someone else's (everyone else's, as this thread demonstrates) point of view:

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Haven't read all of this yet since I wasn't too concerned about anything involving Goode skis, but I finally became curious...it's just remarkable how every now and then someone like this appears, is clueless, goes on a posting binge, and then is gone forever when he gets the shit (rightfully) kicked out of him.
    [removed reference to classic thread which is still worth looking at]...Anyway, it's just the remarkable degree of self-involvement and lack of self-awareness that seems to be a pretty good match for these characters. And a complete obliviousness to societal norms.

Also worth noting that there's a pretty widely accepted business axiom that wasting time on the small percentage of customers who are senseless pains in the ass and who can't be made happy like normal people isn't worth it. Perfect exhibit here. Self-entitled moron.
    Yes, that is a plausible theory. But then just return the money according to what we had agreed upon.
    Wait, Goode agreed that you could just hold onto the skis as long as you wanted, not mention a thing to them for however many years (or decades) you maintained possession of the skis, and then just send them back whenever and they would honor the agreement you made (in 2012!)?? If this is true then you do have a point. I don't think it's true, and you don't have a point.

(They just wanted me to physically return them to be a PITA and maybe avoid the whole issue. Common tactic among customer service departments.).
    Look, it would be great if you could have a refund policy that didn't rely on people returning whatever was sold, but I would think even you could see what this might lead to and why manufacturers could not really operate that way. You get why that wouldn't work, right? Right??

And carefully read what Danno wrote and think about it. He has summarized exactly what everyone here is thinking about this situation--all your other arguments don't matter, because trying to return something for a refund or exchange in the manner that you did, without the manufacturer explicitly authorizing such an exceptionally unusual return, makes every one of your other points moot.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    What is this, round 3,4? Fucking Christmas miracle

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

I am seriously curious of how you define "self-entitled" and how that definition applies to my situation. Please enlighten me.

Meanwhile, have a look here https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...31#post5194631
    Quote Originally Posted by santaclaus183 View Post
    What is this, round 3,4? Fucking Christmas miracle

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    You would seem to be the one to make that judgment. Along with the other 182 of you.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Wow!
    Stubborn much?
    Like mental illness level...

Now we just feel sorry for you.
    I get this image

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Most skis are designed to be bent and carve a turn. If youre always skidding you'll tend to rip edges out when you hit rock.

Maybe learn to ski?
    Something we can agree on, finally.

Sent from my XP7700 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Yeah, I stand by that. Why attribute a derogatory word for females to a guy who is whiny? I don't think I'd find a whiny post from a female maggot.
    It's also kinda funny that a dood from the whitest town in the whitest state (or close to it) is dropping the urban "b please". Again, just my two cents and I'm a JONG.
    You've never viewed posts from Mtngirl, I take it.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    In March it will be my 12th trip to ski La Grave, but now the OP has ruined the phrase: “I love La Grave”, or “I’ve been to La Grave”.
    Or "I've been IN la grave". Right to the center....

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Its that time of the season........
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"