Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    So why are you still bitching about the skis your bad mount caused to break years ago?
    I am not. Please learn the alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I've heard about Goodes being not great, but you're also supposed to ski around the rocks.
    2 seasons at Moonlight, and while my Nordicas may have wound up with more base weld than sintered base, they never had anything happen to the edges or sidewalls. There were a few times I was amazed I didn't rip an edge out, and then I learned where a lot of the rocks were and also stopped being a beater.
    You obviously never been to La Grave. Do you even own a passport?

Quote Originally Posted by la_grave View Post
    Do you know Benny?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

That is slightly off topic, why don't you start your own thread for that discussion?
    You don't seem to generating the support you hoped for. How does that make you feel?
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

He'll probably buy another pair of skis, take em to the same shop, and start another thread about all of them a couple years from now.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Who ever sells him the skis could only be so fortunate, with the assistance to their liquidity, interest, cash flow and what not.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Who ever sells him the skis could only be so fortunate, with the assistance to their liquidity, interest, cash flow and what not.
    If he buys enough of them, perhaps he can singlehandedly provide enough of a cash infusion to keep 4FRNT alive until 2022.

And then attempt to RMA all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I'm sure we'll hear all about it too.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    You don't seem to generating the support you hoped for. How does that make you feel?
    It is pretty interesting that people don't think Goode should honor a promise like the one they gave me (see the image).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goode.png 
Views:	189 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	218919

Before this thread I assumed that honesty was as important for Americans (I guess most people on this forum are Americans) as it is for the rest of the world. I am surprised that my assumption seems erroneous (or is this attitude specific for people on this website?).

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    This saga is retarded.

. He's like 70 and skis like an old lady.
    Well, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    When I worked in a ski shop we would determine the cost of the repair based on the direction of the core shot. If it was straight down the ski "12 to 6" it meant they were ripping over the rocks. If it the gouges were "3 to 9" it meant they were pussy footing and side slipping though the rocks, often pulling out edges. We would cheaply fix the rippers and charge more for the pussy footers.
    My kid got a nasty core shot at Big Sky. $5 to fix. Standing in the tram line looking at the bases of the locals' skis we figured they make up for the low price with volume.

It is pretty interesting that people don't think Goode should honor a promise like the one they gave me (see the image).Click image for larger version. 

Before this thread I assumed that honesty was as important for Americans (I guess most people on this forum are Americans) as it is for the rest of the world. I am surprised that my assumption seems erroneous (or is this attitude specific for people on this website?).
    Dude, you waited 5 years to return the skis. How long should their offer or a refund lasted? 10 years? 100? Into perpetuity?

No one here is saying that they shouldn't have honored what they told you. We're saying you're an idiot for waiting five years to send them back. If I was the owner of that company I would assume you've been skiing them all this time.

Honesty is important. So is acting in a reasonable manner and in a reasonable time.

Quick primer on American contract law. Goode offered, you accepted. Reasonable time for performance implied. You failed to perform. Goode no longer obligated to perform.

So, stuff it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Warning for Goode skis. They are a scam.

Have you checked the limitation period in the applicable jurisdiction ?

gaper :

welcome to my Ignore list.

stuck. is a magg. ( / mang )

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Have you checked the limitation period in the applicable jurisdiction? A cheque is a promise but if you wait 5 years to cash it .....?
    Aren't most banks 180 days on checks?

Lol at 2012 email. I still don't see how shipping back from where you live would've been more than the original purchase price. You must suck at shipping

At this point you are owed nothing. Shit Goode could've gone out of biz in that timeframe (didn't) would you still expect a refund? You're stupid.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    gaper :

welcome to my Ignore list.

stuck. is a magg. ( / mang )

skiJ
    skiJ, CHECK YOUR PMs for crying out loud! I owe you some $$

Did you have any correspondence with them about the delay in returning? Or did you unilaterally decide it was too expensive to ship them back and that you would wait?

Did you just send them back 5 years later assuming that this email would be honored?

And as an aside, how much would it cost to send a pair of skis without bindings across the pond? Sure seems like it wouldn't be worth it to hold on to them for five years, bring them across the pond with your next flight, and then ship within the US. :shrug:
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    It is unreasonable to expect an RA# to be valid and honored 5+ years later.
    This!!!! Clearly there are bigger issues at hand here.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    subscribed to this important thread
    Ha!

Been to both la grave and big sky. I think big sky is the angriest sharpest place I’ve skied.

Who skis Goodes and shreditors at la grave?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Do you know Benny?
    Yep. We have a Swedish rabbit on our hands here.

We shall call him

Bënny
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

You stink of self entitlement. I suggest that you shower.

Name:  image-e1416684302687.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  21.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Who skis Goodes and shreditors at la grave?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The fuckin JONG OP, that's who.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    also stopped being a beater.
    Could have fooled us.

Amazing. Do you really think they should honor this agreement they made 5 years ago, that you decided to ignore this whole time? Or are you just embarrassed that you knew you should have dealt with this long ago, and now you've gotta cover by getting mad at someone?

How exactly were you going to wind up paying for half the value of these in shipping, anyway? You said if you were unlucky and had to pay taxes and customs. It doesn't seem like you'd have to pay those on a return. But this means you didn't really even look into returning the skis. How did you think you were going to be able to ignore this for 5 years and then still get your money back? The cost of the skis doesn't even mean the same thing 5 years later, how would the most honest company even know what they owe you after this long?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...