Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
    I bought some Strafe Temerity pants over the summer. I really liked them, but the first time I tried them on, one of the press studs on the waist popped off them.
    Same shit happened with my temerity pants. I mailed them with photos of pants and broken press. And only asked to send me new press, because it’s quite expensive to send them this pants for warranty review from Ukraine. But their reply looked like auto - if you want to start warranty replace send your garmet here.

X2 on the patagucci primo down. Mine doesn’t have wrist gaiters, but the thing is a toaster oven and fits well. And it’s a lifetime piece.

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    X2 on the patagucci primo down. Mine doesn’t have wrist gaiters, but the thing is a toaster oven and fits well. And it’s a lifetime piece.
    x3
    I don't wear my Primo down too often because it's too warm for the average day.

Also, I find the sizing is a bit weird - I'm 5'10", 175 lbs and consistently size M in Patagucci. My Primo is size S and is a touch roomy on me.

Awesome jacket.

^^^ for $700, it better be a sick jacket.

I second the OR stormbound. Best jacket I've ever owned.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using TGR Forums mobile app

I recently bought the Strafe Exhibition on a sweet deal for a whim. Seems like a really nice coat with a nice dose of alpha insulation while still allowing for some layering. The Highland will be warmer for sure. Just depends on where you ski. In the Cascades it’s generally pretty temperate, so add a bit of a layer on the Exhibition for cooler days and should be good to go.

The Flylow Albert Jacket is a nice piece as well. Primaloft insulation vs Polartech Alpha FWIW.

Someone explain to me: why is an insulated down jacket like the Primo good, when all you hear from people is to not layer with down, under a shell? Doesn't the down get wet and compress as well, in the Primo?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Someone explain to me: why is an insulated down jacket like the Primo good, when all you hear from people is to not layer with down, under a shell? Doesn't the down get wet and compress as well, in the Primo?
    I'd guess the idea is that theoretically the down is kept dry from the outside with the Gore-Tex membrane and kept dry from your sweat because 1) the down is next to a breathable Gore membrane, which is in direct contact with the outside air so it should breathe better (maybe stretching here a bit?) and 2) you can regulate your temp much easier with an insulated hardshell because the vents bypass all the insulation.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I just bought a Frauenshuh insulated hardshell. It is tits
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I'd guess the idea is that theoretically the down is kept dry from the outside with the Gore-Tex membrane and kept dry from your sweat because 1) the down is next to a breathable Gore membrane, which is in direct contact with the outside air so it should breathe better (maybe stretching here a bit?) and 2) you can regulate your temp much easier with an insulated hardshell because the vents bypass all the insulation.
    Not getting it. The Goretex doesn't breath so why would the down be dry from the outside?

The regulation of heat makes sense though with the vents. I just don't get why such expensive jackets like the Primo have down and don't get cold when wet.

On Harry's recommendation, I picked up an Arc'teryx Kappa a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. If it's comfy enough for Big Sky, it's good enough for me. No more layering decisions when doing the lift riding thing.

Big comfy hood (easily fits a helmet): beats a tall collar by a country mile.
    Nice, long arms (an Arc'teryx characteristic from my experience).
    No pit zips. Why would you want them for riding lifts? Just unzip during the ride up.
    No wrist gators. U-using some racer dude gloves or sumthin'?

https://www.arcteryx.com/mm/en/shop/mens/kappa-hoody

I see a large on eBay (new, with tags) for 50% off at the moment.

The Norona looks pretty sweet as well.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 12-20-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Primo down, my go-to when it goes sub zero

Sent from my XT1254 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    On Harry's recommendation...
    Ouch...your first mistake...
    Gravity. It's the law.