Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    There was a known battery issue with the 6S (ones that were manufactured early on) that Apple would fix for free. There was an online tool where you could punch in your serial number to determine if you were eligible.
    Mine was not eligible and sucks in cold.

Yes put it away and ski is a solution but texting a meet up point on the hill and snapping photos is fun. Definitely getting a new phone before this season starts.

Don't worry. You still have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Mine was not eligible and sucks in cold.

Yes put it away and ski is a solution but texting a meet up point on the hill and snapping photos is fun. Definitely getting a new phone before this season starts.
    Same here. It died as soon as I tried to open the screen lock in the cold. Not eligible either. Apple actually says the operating temperature is 0° to 35° Celsius. Thats 32° to 95° Fahrenheit. I guess it's never cold in Cupertino, CA. The aftermarket battery is "fantastic" though. It will go trough a whole day with a lot of usage without charging. And works in the cold.

Turn your phone to low power mode. Keep it inside your outer layer.
    Get an Apple Watch and AirPods.

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    Do you have to wear the same helmet and goggles forever for the the facial recognition to work? What about my cowboy ninja facemask?
    Tried the faceid the day I got it with helmet, goggles, and facemask. Verdict: remove goggles, pull down face mask a bit, then it unlocks. No problem with sunglasses though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

iPhone X and skiing.

After half day in 11F, iPhone X is holding up good.
    Hasn’t blacked out yet, still 84% left.
    Last edited by nutmegchoi; 12-26-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Same here. Skied all morning in single digit temps with it in my pants pocket. No more battery drain than normal.

Today I had it in my outside chest pocket playing my playlist most of the day. No problems with battery. It was about 25°

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There are a lot better phones out there than an iPhone X. And they don't cost $1000.

New Samsung models have the best battery charging technology (battery will still be 95% after 2 years). Samsung Note 7 disaster aside. iPhones are always the first phones to go dead on a cold day. That's been my observation.