Season in Fernie/KH/Revy? 2018

Who knows what about living in Golden, Fernie, Revy or others (H20, RED, LL, SSV). Ideally, the place I choose would have steep alpine terrain inbounds, LOTS OF SNOW and a vibrant skiing community close by where I can find employment to fund my adventures (and meet people duh).

Having narrowed it down to Golden KH, Fernie or Revy. What is the community like in Golden compared to Fernie or Revy? I am leaning towards Golden because of the steep inbounds terrain at KH. Although I have never spent time in Fernie so I can't compare.

Edit: I have skied WB my entire life but I feel I need a different place to keep things interesting.

Steep Alpine terrain inbounds: Kicking Horse.
    Lots of Snow: Whitewater, Revelstoke.
    Vibrant Skiing Community: Depends on your demographic, but if you’re in your late 20’s (guessing), then Revelstoke.
    Where I can find employment: Good fucking luck, although finding somewhere to live is going to be even more challenging. Red and Whitewater do have larger communities close by with more diverse employment options.

can you do a road trip this winter and do a few days at each place you listed to check them out?

hard to find housing, and work at the places you listed, Doable, but not cheap or easy

Id recommend Revy or Nelson myself.

I spent last winter roadtripping around BC and Revy, Nelson and Banff/Canmore were the places I enjoyed the most.

Revy has the mountain, Plus Kicking Horse pass super close for touring/BC options.

Golden really seemed like a hole-in-the-wall town to me with very little social life and alot less mountain folk than in Revy.

Nelson has a really chill and nice vibe with quite a few young people around. WH2O is a great little mountain with alot of backcountry potential. From Nelson Kootenay pass is about an hour away.

Enjoy your winter and dont forget to post some stoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Id recommend Revy or Nelson myself.

I spent last winter roadtripping around BC and Revy, Nelson and Banff/Canmore were the places I enjoyed the most.

Revy has the mountain, Plus Kicking Horse pass super close for touring/BC options.

Golden really seemed like a hole-in-the-wall town to me with very little social life and alot less mountain folk than in Revy.

Nelson has a really chill and nice vibe with quite a few young people around. WH2O is a great little mountain with alot of backcountry potential. From Nelson Kootenay pass is about an hour away.

Enjoy your winter and dont forget to post some stoke!
    Exactly this. Stay away from Golden. Nothing to see here. This isn't the mountain you're looking for. Move along, move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Awesome advice, thank you guys. I will have my truck to roadtrip and check other places out. Sounds like revelstoke or nelson would make a good home base. The stoke will be coming!!!

Revy for sure. Golden will feel way too dry and rocky after skiing Whistler for so long, plus constant sketchy snowpack (half joking half serious).