Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Good. That shit is dangerous. Still crave it time to time but luckily way harder to get now.

Ibuprofen may be your new best friend.
    Careful. Fucks up your kidneys. Ask any ski instructor of a certain age with bad knees.

So you don't miss what is so far an epic season in Utah, perhaps you can get a sit ski with morphine drip attachment?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Its been 4 yrs for me. Motorcycle, 15 bones, complete hip smashed like a snowball.
    Doc actually said, normally they have to cut the muscle to get to the done, but I had done the work for him, so he just flayed it open.
    I was back to work the next week, walking in 4weeks. Pretty normal at 6mos. It does take time. If you want to PM me, I for sure know what is happening.
    You will always have a fear of falling, thats normal. Because it will hurt, or can really mess you up, like back to square one mess up. It messes with your head
    Not that much pain, ribs, and tailbone were far worse for me, but doc said If I crashed again it would be worse, so I admit to giving in for a while..
    I am now at a place where I dont even think about it, and people around me have no idea I had a hip replaces.
    Good luck, and if you need help. Just PM. Been there, done that. Wished I had someone who understood.

Thanks man I'll keep it in mind. I'm just kinda going along, everything's pretty much okay, considering. Your bike wreck sounds grim.

Going 95 and hitting a hidden arroyo on a dirt bike, then waking up 96ft from impact (we went back and measured)was not a pretty sight.
    Lucky to be here, and probably the same for you.
    I crashed on Sept 22, and played Golf Nov 8. It was not pretty, and the ribs hurt like hell, but I had promised my daughter, and I was not breaking it.
    Not boasting, just saying, make some goals, and try to make them. It helps
    About you though, it is slow, and grinding, but it gets a little better everyday. Just keep hanging in there.
    First time I walked on my own, I had to pee, and just got up without thinking, didnt realize till I was half way there. Scared the shit out of me.
    You will get attached to your wheelchair, walker, crutches, etc, but they will fall away, and life returns.
    The doctor told me the fastest way to get better was to eat, and keep your strength up, so make sure that is done.
    It sounds simple enough, but makes a big difference, and keep getting better, piece, by piece.
    It was 2 months before i could sleep in a bed, but don't let those things stop you.
    Keep pushing.

late to the scene, but just catching up on some missed threads. sorry to hear about the injury, glad to see things are moving along with the recover.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Re: people having total joints (or any other elective operation) and wishing they had done it sooner--that's not a bad thing. While most operations turn out just fine, there are complications from time to time--an infected total joint can be a real mess--and mentally it's a lot easier to deal with that if you went into the operation feeling you had no choice. I'm speaking as a surgeon who got to clean up other surgeons' complications so maybe I have a warped point of view. It always seemed to me that the worst complications were in the cases that needed the original surgery the least. The question to ask yourself--if worst comes to worst (not dead--that's rarely the worst)--how much worse off will I be than I am now. That doesn't mean you have to wait until you're totally crippled and debilitated, but it should at least be certain that you're going to need it. I'm doing a lot of that kind of thinking now re my back--I'm not there yet.

Yeah right now I'm just trying to get off crutches, I'm not gonna worry about or (hopefully) do anything that would put me back on them for a while. Although I did buy some pimp crutches, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Could be, if he falls onto his fucking head again. Stay upright, icedood

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Might have to get him a denim hat to go with his 'hip'ster ski jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Might have to get him a denim hat to go with his 'hip'ster ski jeans.
    I think this might be the solution:

Name:  iceman_ProModel_2018-19.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  43.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Guy does seem to get hurt a lot.

2017 was fucking rough I'll admit. 3 pretty major incidents, but none of them are connected, there's no trend except bad luck. Forward!

you think 2017 was rough, wait till the earth's magnetic field reverses.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah right now I'm just trying to get off crutches, I'm not gonna worry about or (hopefully) do anything that would put me back on them for a while. Although I did buy some pimp crutches, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Ok Ice I’m going to need a pic of these “pimp crutches”. My imagination has them bedazzled or solid gold with a chalice holder now
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I wasn't lying. In addition to the flashlight (1 on each crutch) they also have "horns" (like a little electric beeper) on each crutch. wtf do you need a horn on your crutches for? No idea. They also have reflectors on the ends of the handles so if you're crutching down a dark alley at night you'll be safe. I don't plan on doing that, but hey who knows. They also fold in half if you unscrew them, and they have internal shock cords to....well I'm not sure quite why they have shock cords. Bottom line is the regular crutches were killing my shoulders and I'm good with these, so I'm okay with them.

pimp or not pimp? I say pimp.

Does it have Bluetooth?

I don't see cup holders.

Or a lighter?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Does it have Bluetooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I don't see cup holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Or a lighter?
    I think all that comes with the Platinum Series model.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    it needs
    stickers
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I would want a James Bond like rifle or something built into the tip of one. Just in case.

Definitely open to stickers. Rifles too, but maybe we should start smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think all that comes with the Platinum Series model.
    Ergostrap 9000?

How goes it Iceman?

I’m off the crutches and walking but still looking at 2 months till skiing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.