Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think over pricing comes down to the plethora of lowball offers with out even seeing a bike or part.
    "I haven't seen you bike but I'll give you half of what your asking "? Since times People aren't reasonable. Losing higher seems to cut the bull shit. If you are actually interested ask for more pictures etc and make an offer if you can't see it in person. If some one wants to sell they will work with you. Also are you looking at prices in us or cad $? If cad you can basically knock 30% off currently just in exchange rate.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Pinkbike buying experiences?

Sold a lot there and bought a fair bit. I like to buy my frames new for warrantee. Drivetrain I buy shimano from crc. Everything else I’ll atleast look on pb. Most of it will have to be new or next to new and only from people with selling history. I’m wary of buying from whistler and north shore unless it’s new(shit gets vert put on it there generally). Suspension deals on there can be good. Chances are it’s going to get rebuilt within the year anyway. Bars have to be new. Research the seller. Pretty ez to see who you’re dealing with on their page. When the reply to you with an email it often has their name so you can check them out on fb. Always pay PayPal goods and services and take screenshots of conversation. If you sell something the address you send it too has to be in the PayPal payment. I’ve only had 2 problems in 100’s of transactions and both were quickly resolved by PayPal. One was early in my buying/selling and it was a too good to be true price, and they didn’t have any selling history. The second was a seller that directed sales to a bargain(but pro looking) site

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Ask lots of questions and ask for photos. Save all the correspondence. If you feel they are not answering you or are being limited on details on the responses move on to the next seller.
    When I send paypal for an item I am very detailed in the payment sent for line.
    "Payment for a Rockshox Pike 150mm, including axle, steerer cut to 7.25" Described in very good condition, no scratches and no leaks"
    That way if it shows up and the stanchions are scratched and it leaks I can get my money back from paypal on a return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    When I buy from pinkbike, I make sure to ask tons of questions, and request like 20 close up shots of the frame. Downtube, bottom bracket, chainstays and seatstays, etc.. Probably a nuisance for the seller, but if they comply, you know they are stand up people and have nothing to hide.
    These guys have it down.

I bought one complete bike on PB and it went so-so. Talked to buyer on the phone, and he was nice, seemed to answer all questions, but he didn't reveal some minor paint damage on the framne, and he didn't properly ship the frame with bottom bracket suspended in box so I needed to put a new hanger on it from the shipping torque on the derailler. If I did what was suggested above I wouldn't have had that issue.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

good tips. Nice how you can save a search, but would be cool if they emailed new results.

No way to select new vs used. Seems like a big oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When I get around to being able to get a new bike, I'm just gonna wait till one of you fuckers has a good one for sale. I ain't got the time or knowledge to deal with complete strangers.
    Best advice in here. Seriously, most of us would rather sell for a little bit less to hook up a mag and steer clear of risk. This is the only place where I'll use Paypal Friend or whatever it is. And if I have something that's crap, I don't sell it here. I've got a high brow, creeper, dumbass, smartass reputation to protect!!!

When I was briefly into photography, it remember the photog forums had better setups for buy/sell. They wouldn't let you buy/sell until you'd posted a bunch of times, your transactions stayed visible after the sale. People seemed to want to make sure their reputation stayed solid. Maybe I'm wrong/naive about it?
    Though I think it's pretty safe for now, I don't think Pinkbike has any of that. You get screwed by someone on Pinkbike, you think PB is gonna help? You even know how you'd see any kind of warning on their profile? Only check I do on PB is to see if they've sold anything else previously. No prior activity > beware!
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Are there new bikes for sale on PB?
    Yeah, I've ran across a few. Dealers clearing out old stock. Which is not necessarily to be confused with a good deal.