FS: Sandbags to weigh down the back of your truck.

I have been weighing down the back of my truck with tube sand for a couple of years, but now the bags are ripping open and I need to replace them.

A friend turned me on to these:

https://www.sandbagstore.com/armor-sandbags.html

But they only come in quantities of 10 and I don't need that many. They hold 50lbs per bag.

Does anyone want to split an order with me? Cost is about $7.25 each plus tax plus shipping plus sand or gravel. Tube sand at my local hardware store is about $6.50 for a 60lb bag. As I said, after a couple of years, the tube sand is ripping open and getting all over the bed of my truck.

I am more than happy to order and then ship on 5 as long as you pay your stare of costs.

anthonyrabinowitz at att dot net

1. You're getting robbed on tube sand. It's $3.50/60# at Home Depot.

2. Just use the sand for something in the spring and buy new bags in the fall. I put 1400# in my plow truck, and it's still only $75/year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I just bought two bags of tube sand from Home Depot on Friday. It's $6/ bag here. Ridiculously overpriced for sand, but I only needed two.

Last year I just left the truck bed filled with snow. Not happening so far this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Fugging weird you can't get tube sand at any home Depot within 100miles of Sandy Utah. Maybe they think we just go in the yard and dig it up? I have a topper on my tundra and haven't needed sand this far, but was thinking about adding some this year to test the difference. Guess I'll fill my own bags.

EDIT: Lowe's has em. 60lbs $4.66

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Buy bag from HD. Find a shore line and fill.

I just bought at the PC Home Depot. I think that’s within 100miles of sandy. Comes in a nice tyvekish bag. I usually get 3 winters.

Since I only have 1000lbs in my plow truck I better step it up!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I just bought at the PC Home Depot. I think that’s within 100miles of sandy. Comes in a nice tyvekish bag. I usually get 3 winters.

Since I only have 1000lbs in my plow truck I better step it up!

Hmmm maybe they're just all.sold out. Home Depot search for local showed none within 100 miles.

It's ok I'll go grab at Lowe's. I got no love for either store in particular.

1000D Cordura is the right fabric if you plan to use year after year. (Store in shade to lessen UV exposure.). Maybe I'll make some Cordura bags to slip over our sand bags.
    Last edited by OldSteve; 12-10-2017 at 11:34 AM.

OS, the bags come empty and you have to fill them.

Everyone is right, probably my best option is to shop around for tube sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    i have a topper on my tundra and haven't needed sand this far, but was thinking about adding some this year to test the difference. TGR Forums mobile app
    Was thinking the same thing, although the topper is a few hundred pounds by itself. But now that my BFG all terrain tires don’t have an inch of tread anymore, I’m finding I have to use 4wd more often than I used too..

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    OS, the bags come empty and you have to fill them.
    Oh, okay. Post edited.

U.S. Combat Veterans?

Fucking stocking app for Lowe's blows...much like Lowe's itself. Said they had 6 online...none at store. Damn good thing it's about 5 min from my place.

Might try a few other stores. I picked up a couple pre-filled at my local Ace hardware. Under $4 if I remember right.

So....related this conversation....how much extra weight is needed? First plow-able snow of the year last night, and I'm thinking the 500#s in my Chevy 2500 may not be enough to make a noticeable difference traction-wise.

(And I bought 50# bags of sand at Home Depot for around $3.50, but the bags they came in aren't that rugged. Local Ace hardware store wants $8 for a 60# bag of tube sand.)

No tube sand at home depot near me, but 60lb multi purpose sand $4.72/bag. Got one for each rear wheel, put em right up near the wheel well in the bed. We shall see how it goes. Can't be worse.

My parents used to put a huge balcksmiths anvil in the back of the 3 series BMW back in the days with snow tires it worked great for northeast driving wish it was still around

FS: Sandbags to weigh down the back of your truck.

Cracks me up that modern pick-em-up trucks suck so bad in snow that they need work-around “technology” to get them to work as well as 30 year old summer-tire beemers.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I might be interested in a few of the bags, but can't get sand locally. How much to ship them with the sand already in them?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Cracks me up that modern pick-em-up trucks suck so bad in snow that they need work-around “technology” to get them to work as well as 30 year old summer-tire beemers.
    I honestly don't think I need it. Haven't in 11 years in Utah, but wtf it was $10.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Unfortunately the jacked up Chevy 2500 HD rides like shit without a load in the back. No way to make up for the fact that there is almost no weight over the rear wheels. Also, throw a plow on the front and it makes if even worse.

Edit to add/clarify.... For just driving around in the snow, the truck is fine with no extra weight. However, throwing the weight of a plow on the front, and trying to push piles of snow around is a different story.

$ 3.00 a 50# bag here with the profits going to the Boy Scouts.

This might be another option to consider:
    http://www.shurtrax.com/

Never used it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I’ve used sac-crete instead of sand. Sets up nice

I rip the groomed on tele gear