Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    I started mining bitcoin on the cloud a few years ago, anyways I couldn't pay my cloud fees and they froze my account earlier this year. I need you to loan me $20k so I can unfreeze my account and get to my wallet of coins, I'll give you twenty percent.
    Seems a bit hazy.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBoyz View Post
    No block chain bull shit
    So, pass.

Unless I can put a 1st position trust deed on your house for $30K

I looked at buying a ship (flagged and crewed out of some inexpensive country) but what freight could I haul that isn't locked up under some sort deal by commodities traders and their big shipping companies like Maersk ?

http://www.maritimesales.com/MEL10.htm

http://www.maritimesales.com/Ships%20for%20Sale.htm

Send all your money to me.

I guarantee return of 100% in 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I looked at buying a ship (flagged and crewed out of some inexpensive country) but what freight could I haul that isn't locked up under some sort deal by commodities traders and their big shipping companies like Maersk ?

http://www.maritimesales.com/MEL10.htm

http://www.maritimesales.com/Ships%20for%20Sale.htm
    thin margins on ocean freight and you'll might get hustled if you are new to the industry
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    thin margins on ocean freight and you'll might get hustled if you are new to the industry
    I agree. I might as well get some mags to cap n crew and haul snowballs out of Antartica to Cali as long as one of them's parents had an inland waterway vacation home to berth on down days. I bet berthing one of these rigs is ridicudonkulus.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Send all your money to me.

I guarantee return of 100% in 3 years.
    hmmmmmmmmm

Seems a bit hazy.

So, pass.

Unless I can put a 1st position trust deed on your house for $30K
    Yeah, you don't seem to serious about making lots of money, probably more on an opportunity for a serious investor like benny.

When life gives you haters, make haterade.

hmmmmmmmmm
    Guaranteed!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Portugal.
    Yeah, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    one word, son: plastics
    I laughed

pm sent - done - next - still have 140K left
    I get it. Saturday night and your too busy to PM. No prob. Monday's good. I'm telling you bro, Sara Lee will pay big to retain market share by just knowing to NEVER give the cooking instructions in SMALL WHITE PRINT!!. I have a Rolodex full index cards of great ideas. We'll be rich!!!
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

We already covered this elsewhere: colonic transplant clinic using elite athletes poop.

buy 30 kilos of blow and gram it out

Pfft.

Here's a gimme. Fortunes will be made right here in the next 3 years:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/27/h...tage.html?_r=0

This popped up on my Facebook, looks totally leggit :
    https://lasvegas.fbqueen.me/squeeze-page17315189

Chick looks like a pro (in more ways then one...)
    Last edited by sfotex; 12-10-2017 at 01:41 AM.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Graduate Student Futures. Loan the money now.... it’s said education Has a 10%/yr ROI.... you get 8% of the next 10 years of salary increases.

Not short term.... and kind of blokchain

Long time poster
    1st time caller
    Anonymous to protect whatever from the Jesse's of the board

Looking for investment ideas for $275,000 cash
    Don't have to use all of it, but looking to continue to roll

Needs to be:
    Legal
    Fast turn
    Will pay taxes
    No block chain bull shit
    No long term cash lock up
    No stocks, bonds, warrants, futures, etc (i.e. intangible shit)
    No weed in legal states
    No whorehouses in NV

Ideas?
    Without giving away Alias, what state do you live?
    Do you prefer your investment if tangible to be somewhat local?
    You are somewhat limited in what I call the awkward middle.
    To the non dentists you look flush, to warren buffet who can get bofa to pay him preferred shares at 5% with a 400% return on he stock price, you can’t do much.
    Not that I’m saying 275k is chicken scratch.
    Yields on farm land can be quite high. Pay 2-3 k per acre get back 200-225 per acre in lease price. Yield 6-8% a year and you own the ground in perpetuity. Price appreciation is gravy.
    Most small service business strapped for capital are strapped for a reason. Avoid.
    Depending on locale, build a spec home. Maybe laughable for west coast people but shoot for a 350-400 k sale price, keep cost to no bank loan obviously and pocket 50-75k in a few months. Market sucks rent it out. Again you still own the asset.
    Commercial professional property, small medical suite for a startup dentist pay cash, have them pay you rent.
    Any events near you to charge for parking? Buy a flat lot, pave have cars pay you $20 for access.
    Bad weather area? Buy cheap land, build biggest Morton building you swing, install field turf and rent by the hour to local youth sports who can’t practice outside. Sports parents are nuts. Take advantage of it.
    I’ll think of more.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Without giving away Alias, what state do you live?
    Do you prefer your investment if tangible to be somewhat local?
    You are somewhat limited in what I call the awkward middle.
    To the non dentists you look flush, to warren buffet who can get bofa to pay him preferred shares at 5% with a 400% return on he stock price, you can’t do much.
    Not that I’m saying 275k is chicken scratch.
    Yields on farm land can be quite high. Pay 2-3 k per acre get back 200-225 per acre in lease price. Yield 6-8% a year and you own the ground in perpetuity. Price appreciation is gravy.
    Most small service business strapped for capital are strapped for a reason. Avoid.
    Depending on locale, build a spec home. Maybe laughable for west coast people but shoot for a 350-400 k sale price, keep cost to no bank loan obviously and pocket 50-75k in a few months. Market sucks rent it out. Again you still own the asset.
    Commercial professional property, small medical suite for a startup dentist pay cash, have them pay you rent.
    Any events near you to charge for parking? Buy a flat lot, pave have cars pay you $20 for access.
    Bad weather area? Buy cheap land, build biggest Morton building you swing, install field turf and rent by the hour to local youth sports who can’t practice outside. Sports parents are nuts. Take advantage of it.
    I’ll think of more.
    Western States

No margin for spec houses without having in-house subs. Local builders quoting $200 sf, lot could cost $125 sf in current market. Selling seems to be in the $250-350 sf range. If you already own an empty buildable lot you might be able to pull this off.

Looks like farm land ranges from $500-1600 where I looked. Lease rates are $30-40 an acre. Not sure if that works out in terms of quick turn of investment. Furthermore, grain for example has roller coastered from $4-9 a bushel over the last 5 years. That is not very stable in my eyes. But, I'm no farmer. CRP's can be had at about $36 an acre but then you can't grow. Maybe you can graze though. Not really sure.

At least you had some ideas, please think of more.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    This popped up on my Facebook, looks totally leggit :
    https://lasvegas.fbqueen.me/squeeze-page17315189

Chick looks like a pro (in more ways then one...)
    Tell me how to make money with a B3 chopper since you have access to the Utah owned one.

in-house subs
    oxymoron

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    oxymoron
    OK, in-house trades, better?

much better

It is somewhat telling that this thread does not have more realistic ideas. I don't think it is necessarily a representation of mags not being creative or financially savvy enough, but instead a reflection of opportunity in America for small players. I am not interested in gambling $275K. I am looking for smart strategic easy to repeat investment ideas. It seems there aren't many of those as of yet.

Some of the ideas that have come in are more in line with being in or opening a business. That is not passive investment. That's high risk in my book, and does not lend itself to someone that already has a steady job/income stream. Also, allocating a good portion of the investment nest-egg to fixed expenses like leases, equipment, etc which means the money invested is gone forever if the business is not profitable.

So, with few options for passive investment that can yield high turn returns does that mean that the small investor is pushed towards real estate and the financial markets? It seems to be the case that these two sectors are the primary investment options for most Americans with a small amount of liquidity. It also seems that by only having two investment options, that those markets are given support in terms of a pool of buyers and sellers. And, I left of the choice of sticking your money in the bank and earning essential zilch, while the financial institution makes short term investments in things like automobiles and home equity lines of credit.

Long time poster
    1st time caller
    Anonymous to protect whatever from the Jesse's of the board

Looking for investment ideas for $275,000 cash
    Don't have to use all of it, but looking to continue to roll

Needs to be:
    Legal
    Fast turn
    Will pay taxes
    No block chain bull shit
    No long term cash lock up
    No stocks, bonds, warrants, futures, etc (i.e. intangible shit)
    No weed in legal states
    No whorehouses in NV

Ideas?
    once you get this figured out, write the book and make a tv special, win $$$$$$$

really...

oh wait, herbal life, again really...

Well duh, that's how markets work