Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

this season is good now

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Don’t break your knees in the cement

Only need 20 more 18" storms to get to average. 87" for ytd on Jan. 21 is fucked! Watch out for forest garbage, tips up!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    He's been dying inside.
    You can call me use to liv2ski. Now I am pretty much over it and on to the next adventure

Official bitch about this season discussion

Bump!

Windy as fuck and no snow

Nothing measurable for another 2 weeks in Utah. Way high temps too. This season likely won't recover unless we get a huge record breaking March. Oh well season 2017/2018 is the season that wasn't.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

The drive up BCC is just getting depressing. It’s fucking barren up there.

from the sounds of things you guys are having a comparable season to our '14/'15 back east.

glad I'm not missing much here in turd city

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    from the sounds of things you guys are having a comparable season to our '14/'15 back east.

glad I'm not missing much here in turd city
    This is worse that 14/15 which is the next closest lows in 30 years. Difference there was that 14/15 had decent early base building snow, so the lean weeks were still better as coverage was better. This season is just abysmal

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    This is worse that 14/15 which is the next closest lows in 30 years. Difference there was that 14/15 had decent early base building snow, so the lean weeks were still better as coverage was better. This season is just abysmal

I'm coming out there next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'm coming out there next week.
    im sure you'll have plenty of fun coming from the "ice coast" so there is that, but i wouldnt expect any blower pow days this trip....I think there realistically has been 6 "pow" days this season in Utah, most being a foot to slightly over a foot. couple of those were in December when the base was scary low. I felt my first tinge of jealousy last week when we had a huge 10" "dump". The snow looked super light and there is a semi decent base in most places..this year just sucks.

Nothing measurable for another 2 weeks in Utah. Way high temps too. This season likely won't recover unless we get a huge record breaking March. Oh well season 2017/2018 is the season that wasn't.
    I'm hoping for a freeze/thaw to help heal the snowpack so we can at least play on steeper slopes. At least it seems like people are getting away with it on south faces, I know I had a good day on s.superior earlier this week, quiet AF up there too which is always nice

Way high temps too.
    If the current forecast holds it won't get below freezing in the valley for another two weeks at least. That's insane. Air quality forecast looks good, though. Clear, warm and non-inverted beats clear, cold and smoggy I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    If the current forecast holds it won't get below freezing in the valley for another two weeks at least. That's insane. Air quality forecast looks good, though. Clear, warm and non-inverted beats clear, cold and smoggy I suppose.
    yeah thankfully no inversions, but yeah....fucking crazy temps...not even just slightly high, like nearly 20 degrees higher than normal...really depressing.

On the bright side, the weather looks really good for some Southern Utah canyoneering trips. If the weather holds, I’ll probably run down there next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    On the bright side, the weather looks really good for some Southern Utah canyoneering trips. If the weather holds, I’ll probably run down there next weekend.
    Kinda what makes Utah so great....variety....id rather be skiing, but considering the same things you are.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I’m not sure. Had east coast resorts received 140” of snow with 65” bases as of 2/1 that winter? If so, then yes, this winter in Utah is just like the east coast winter of ‘14-‘15.

One man’s whatever is another man’s wow...

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    No doubt. But, I've already bailed to the desert once, bought a pass that I've barely broke even on, and the kiddo just turned 8 and needs ski days.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    I’m not sure. Had east coast resorts received 140” of snow with 65” bases as of 2/1 that winter? If so, then yes, this winter in Utah is just like the east coast winter of ‘14-‘15.

One man’s whatever is another man’s wow...
    i don’t know what that has to do with anything, the stake was at 65” that year on feb 1 though.

back on track, we received a scant 12” of new snow in january and were hammered by two crippling rains followed by sub zero cold. is this the right place to file a complaint?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    <snip>
    back on track, we received a scant 12” of new snow in january and were hammered by two crippling rains followed by sub zero cold. is this the right place to file a complaint?
    Nope. That's normal shit for East Coast, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    i don’t know what that has to do with anything, the stake was at 65” that year on feb 1 though.

It has to do with whether this winter in Utah is similar to the ‘14-‘15 winter on the east coast. Duh.

I was under the impression that a 65” base was good for most eastern resorts, no?

For instance, according to MRG’s website, as of today they have received a TOTAL of 56”-82” of snow this winter.

Like I said, one man’s whatever is another man’s wow.

im sure you'll have plenty of fun coming from the "ice coast" so there is that, but i wouldnt expect any blower pow days this trip....I think there realistically has been 6 "pow" days this season in Utah, most being a foot to slightly over a foot. couple of those were in December when the base was scary low. I felt my first tinge of jealousy last week when we had a huge 10" "dump". The snow looked super light and there is a semi decent base in most places..this year just sucks.
    Yeah, it is what it is. Will definitely have a good time. One guy flying in from Truckee another guy coming in from Colorado and then three of us from NH meeting the three that live in Park City. We're all from the same hometown, so it should be a good shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, it is what it is. Will definitely have a good time. One guy flying in from Truckee another guy coming in from Colorado and then three of us from NH meeting the three that live in Park City. We're all from the same hometown, so it should be a good shitshow.
    Please give daily updates to resorts you will ski. Some might want to avoid a mob like that

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    It has to do with whether this winter in Utah is similar to the ‘14-‘15 winter on the east coast. Duh.

I was under the impression that a 65” base was good for most eastern resorts, no?

For instance, according to MRG’s website, as of today they have received a TOTAL of 56”-82” of snow this winter.

Like I said, one man’s whatever is another man’s wow.
    it’s just apples and oranges man. stowe has received 146 on the year but the surface locally reminds me of the smear of poured concrete out of the back of the of the cement mixers on bushwick ave and i want to complain about it.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Well, I guess I'm not going to be using my Taos ticket this year. Yikes.