Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    I'm here to bitch bc I'm at work and my boyfriend is out heli skiing. talk about salt in the wounds
    skid luxury

Hi WTF is dat! May I suggest that instead of the overrated, overhyped and overpriced Colorado Rockies, that you "think outside the box" and instead come bring your "A-Game" to the mountains of the northeast, home of the gnarliest snowriding in the USA? I would proffer that all things considered, the New England area is the clear choice. The conditions are actually more dependable and consistent than Colorado due to the superior snowmaking and cold temperatures combined with ample snowfall. Also the terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") and the setting is Norman Rockwell-esque! Pursuing the plethora of hot NYC/NJ and Boston "chicas" in their stretch pants can be even better than the great skiing, but I must warn you they are quite feisty and outspoken, unlike the laid-back western gals. Try Killington, Vermont, and when you score your first powder day in the glades of "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy" , you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you! Both Smugglers Notch, Vermont or Waterville Valley, New Hampshire would be also be good choices.
    While I am here,I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots, NewSchoolers, Pugskiazoids, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS and/or "trolling" is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi WTF is dat! May I suggest that instead of the overrated, overhyped and overpriced Colorado Rockies, that you "think outside the box" and instead come bring your "A-Game" to the mountains of the northeast, home of the gnarliest snowriding in the USA? I would proffer that all things considered, the New England area is the clear choice. The conditions are actually more dependable and consistent than Colorado due to the superior snowmaking and cold temperatures combined with ample snowfall. Also the terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") and the setting is Norman Rockwell-esque! Pursuing the plethora of hot NYC/NJ and Boston "chicas" in their stretch pants can be even better than the great skiing, but I must warn you they are quite feisty and outspoken, unlike the laid-back western gals. Try Killington, Vermont, and when you score your first powder day in the glades of "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy" , you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you! Both Smugglers Notch, Vermont or Waterville Valley, New Hampshire would be also be good choices.
    While I am here,I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots, NewSchoolers, Pugskiazoids, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS and/or "trolling" is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    Copy that
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Do you have a word doc with all your posts saved so you can just cut and paste?

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    Do you have a word doc with all your posts saved so you can just cut and paste?
    You're new here huh?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I was thinking about this earlier today. We have to think about this down here in the Four Corners region. If things stay this dry throughout the majority of winter then our water resources are going to be seriously fucked and the thought of this coming springs fire season is terrifying. And then there is the already fragile ski industry, we were talking on here about Silverton and how bad that lawsuit was going to be for them but now it's a double whammy. If climate science is right then I think we are seeing the beginning of the end of the majority of ski areas in the South West, sure we are going to have some banger years here and there but how much longer can the industry sustain these mega drought periods?
    Mega drought? Slow down there buddy. of the past 3 years for the San Juans 2015 was bad, 2016 was ok (there was the weird summer spell in Jan/Feb), 2017 was off the charts, 2018...we'll see, we're only a couple months into the snow season. Too early to call this one. Unfortunately they can't all be above average, math sucks like that. Southern mountains in general seem to have always suffered form a huge standard deviation in snow totals, when it snows it dumps but those dumps are in consistent. Az and SoCal especially, it seems the more north you go the more consistent the snow fall, that's just an observation based on very little or no hard data........

But WTF was with today's storm? a few inches across the state. Fkn lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    You're new here huh?

And stupid.

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Impressive turd polishing by Vail: https://www.instagram.com/p/BdA9wgHA...ken-by=vailmtn
    "There’s just nothing quite like a bluebird day after a snow storm"

I guess 3" is considered a snow storm this season.

FML...

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 1.53.16 PM.png
Views: 583
Size:  134.3 KB

Damn I skied at vail today and it was impressive how shitty it was. That 3 inches of snow did nothing. Icy everywhere on the mountain and only 5 real runs open. Fucking terrible.

Also I saw something fucked up on the mountain as I saw ski patrol carting someone down the hill while doing chest compressions. I hope that person is ok.

On the bright side the forecast actually looks decent for the next week

Official bitch about this season discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Impressive turd polishing by Vail: https://www.instagram.com/p/BdA9wgHA...ken-by=vailmtn

That's fucking hilarious. VR PR is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Boston girls are fugly

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Damn I skied at vail today and it was impressive how shitty it was. That 3 inches of snow did nothing. Icy everywhere on the mountain and only 5 real runs open. Fucking terrible.

Also I saw something fucked up on the mountain as I saw ski patrol carting someone down the hill while doing chest compressions. I hope that person is ok.

On the bright side the forecast actually looks decent for the next week
    Promises promises. Holding out hope as still on day zero.
    And yeah, all these visitors up on sketchy conditions is probably keeping the hospital busy. They are making omelettes up there if you know what I mean.

I have a serious bitch about this season, namely that I'm not skiing Baker's 93 inches and 20F. Or any snow anywhere. Fuck that shit! Looking like late Feb or March for new knee bone. To get by I'm watching anything ski related on TV and found a youtube channel showing all World Cup races. Watched Numinous multiple times. Hell, I'd even be happy to make some turns with Greg from Alpine Zone. See how desperate I am?
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Day Zero.

Feel like Patient Zero.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Promises promises. Holding out hope as still on day zero.
    And yeah, all these visitors up on sketchy conditions is probably keeping the hospital busy. They are making omelettes up there if you know what I mean.
    I was talking to some of the ER staff today at Summit and they were saying how busy they’ve been because of people getting fucked up in collisions. They just had an elderly lady come in with a broken femur, humerus and some ribs. Scumbag that hit her took off too.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post

Haven't you heard? 3 inches is the new 6 and 6 inches is the new 9 and man I feel more secure than ever about my manliness as I type this.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Haven't you heard? 3 inches is the new 6 and 6 inches is the new 9 and man I feel more secure than ever about my manliness as I type this.
    First 2" (aka 1") at AZSB Dec 21. Ugly. In like a lamb for sure. Early season WROD of pure death ice with no beginner terrain was an interesting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Also I saw something fucked up on the mountain as I saw ski patrol carting someone down the hill while doing chest compressions. I hope that person is OK.
    I Don't mean to sound callus, but if they're doing chest compressions "the bright side" is usually organ donations. RIP.

In this thread bitching about ski conditions it's a good reminder about what's really important
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Boston girls are fugly
    What is she so intently looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I Don't mean to sound callus, but if they're doing chest compressions "the bright side" is usually organ donations. RIP.

In this thread bitching about ski conditions it's a good reminder about what's really important
    Very true. Thus my day zero, though I am a donor.

Ok so today I got to ski 7 inches fresh at vail and it was actually pretty dope.

The problem is that we have had so little snow this season that everyone was out trying to get some turns. The entire mountain was tracked up in under 30 minutes and the lines for the rest of the day were massive. People were really desperate to ski powder

Christmas was good.
    21" in three day cycle @ WP/MJ.
    My first run of the season was a rope drop into at least 2' of untracked.
    The anticipation waiting for the red-jacket to get there was palpable.
    Immediately poached; ~40 people waiting, but plenty of hoops and hollers.
    Lost a pole in a double ass-over-teakettle.
    Definitely worth it.

It's coming.

Belated apologies for the lack of bitches.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I guess when I get back to Colorado it might be time for day one.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Day one today. Surprisingly good snow at Tamarack. A few deep turns to be found and light crowds.