Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    I’ve been laid up the whole season with a knee injury. I don’t know whether to be depressed about it or think that this has been the a good season to miss.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    raining at 11k here, unprecedented warm storm for this elevation and date.
    Not raining. Torrential downpouring for hours on end. The snowpack is literally shrinking before your eyes in the Wasatch. At this point, for me, a welcome scenario.

“And the raiiiiiin came down...”

Not to pumped about the long term forecast (10 days) in the Cascades. Its spring, so it would be nice to get some bluebird spring corn harvest days. Instead it just rain with little to no snow expect for high elevations. But hey, it helps the base right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0659.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	231619

Doing the pond skim in the lift line today. Well not much of a line. Only a few of us dumb asses braving the down pour.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Rained in the Northern San Juans up to like 13k yesterday. What the fuck is that kind of bullshit.

At least closing day at Telluride was okay until I had to bail early to take care of some work stuff in Durango.

Fuck this season straight to hell.

Had a great day in Dry Gulch. There was some mank down below from either rain or really wet snow but the top 8-10 were great. The storm coming in tonight started off nice and cold at about 3:00.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 8.32.04 PM.png
Views: 671
Size:  326.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I'm calling it. Shittiest year since 77 in Crested Butte.
    If you change your mind we're gonna get hammered up this way.....Leaving Crested Butte to ski the front range sounds crazy but this weekend might be the one to do it! James Peak Wilderness, IPW, RMNP and Cameron just might be all time, although the forecast does seem to be dropping off a bit.

You made it! To my sig!

Let it flow through your body, and your children's.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    If you change your mind we're gonna get hammered up this way.....Leaving Crested Butte to ski the front range sounds crazy but this weekend might be the one to do it! James Peak Wilderness, IPW, RMNP and Cameron just might be all time, although the forecast does seem to be dropping off a bit.
    Whoa whoa whoa. I meant making the (my) official call that this year sucked like no other. Not that I'll hang em up. I'll ski through Memorial day for sure, and I've had some great days this past week. Lots of great skiing on the front range when there is snow like this year. While writing our book I was particularly impressed with the Indian Peaks area, tons of good stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You made it! To my sig!

Let it flow through your body, and your children's.
    Honored

The worst season in Telluride since 1976.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

^^ We're talking about the same year, right? 76-77? Total snowfall of 76" or something like that. Cold, too, according to the oldtimers, all the water pipes were freezing. People would man bonfires all night to keep them from refreezing. Not much snowmaking then either. Glad I didn't have to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    The worst season in Telluride since 1976.
    And yet it was skiing darn good when I went in March. To think we almost diverted due to low snow

Last edited by uglymoney; 04-20-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Whoa whoa whoa. I meant making the (my) official call that this year sucked like no other. Not that I'll hang em up. I'll ski through Memorial day for sure, and I've had some great days this past week. Lots of great skiing on the front range when there is snow like this year. While writing our book I was particularly impressed with the Indian Peaks area, tons of good stuff there.
    That makes more sense....there's just been so many people here throwing fits and writing off skiing in favor of mt biking I wasn't sure if it was becoming too depressing to even put your skis on

^^ We're talking about the same year, right? 76-77? Total snowfall of 76" or something like that. Cold, too, according to the oldtimers, all the water pipes were freezing. People would man bonfires all night to keep them from refreezing. Not much snowmaking then either. Glad I didn't have to see that.

I lived it and we can’t even compare. Snowmaking, grooming and the quality of ski gear, especially AT, is orders of magnitude better.

I’m on day 145 and I’m just thankful, I can get outside. I had a great year and tomorrow’s going to be fantastic.

I have so many friends that have either passed or are seriously injured. I think about how lucky I am everyday.

Be safe, hold the ones you love and enjoy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    And yet it was skiing darn good when I went in March. To think we almost diverted due to low snow

You should see this place with a REAL snowpack!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    You should see this place with a REAL snowpack!
    I know. I have been many times since like 86 when I made my parents haul me down there. Still haven't made it up Palymra.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    137% snowpack and the winter snow management team
    at most of Washington State ski areas are closing lifts
    for the season. Now Alpental will be fucking swamped.
    Same scene here at A-basin. All of the epic pass holders will overrun the place.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I got an email today from vail telling me about how awesome this season was. Had a bunch of links to watch videos from each of the vail resorts to brain wash me into believing that even though you guys say the season sucked that it was actually tremendous at the vail resorts. Even beaver creek, who made the best of their 8.5” total snow fall. Clearly you guys just don’t know how to have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    I got an email today from vail telling me about how awesome this season was. Had a bunch of links to watch videos from each of the vail resorts to brain wash me into believing that even though you guys say the season sucked that it was actually tremendous at the vail resorts. Even beaver creek, who made the best of their 8.5” total snow fall. Clearly you guys just don’t know how to have fun!
    VR marketing team and ski models are excellent at the manufactured, kneel really low faceshots. They make 4” days look EpicTM.

Polishing a turd is their specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    VR marketing team and ski models are excellent at the manufactured, kneel really low faceshots. They make 4” days look EpicTM.
    That’s why I like chicks that tele. 3” to them is like 8” to all the other girls.

Is it too early to start bitching again?

Snow will turn into rain today.
    I’m bitchin’.