Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Not sure if I should post this because I don't want to bring everyone down, but I actually skied inbounds pow in the sun today. It was short, but sweet and in general the skiing was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Not sure if I should post this because I don't want to bring everyone down, but I actually skied inbounds pow in the sun today. It was short, but sweet and in general the skiing was fun.
    Yes you did. And thanks for the beer. Don’t think I actually thanked you. 14 degrees in the lot and the car started.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    i just don't feel like riding my bike tho
    Sad
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Official bitch about this season discussion

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Sad
    No shit!

The wife had a great day!
    I got to charge with my best friend, all day!

A little wine and cheese Apre.
    Now I cooking dinner and pulling out all the stops.
    I’m going in hot.
    Wish me luck!

I am still on day zero, and it's not really bothering me all that much. This is gonna be a lost season for me anyway, crazy 2-3 months of work.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

it’ll come, and whether or not the season as a whole is good, good days will be there to be had

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    it’ll come, and whether or not the season as a whole is good, good days will be there to be had
    The bad seasons I've had are the ones I don't ski much, and the best seasons are the ones I ski a lot.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Day Zero.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The PNWet started out like it was going to follow last year. Then, a week of rain up to most peaks, followed by a dusting. Now; high pressure mega ridge suck town.

We're in the middle of what might be the longest dry stretch for winter. More like PNnotWet,
    It snowed a decent bit more than a dusting after the rain event. It snowed at least a foot and a half at 3000' feet in the central cascades. Even with out any new snow for a week it has skied pretty nice. This next week is going to suck with out any new snow till at least thursday, but there may be some powder for next weekend, with hopefully daily snowfall into the thick of the holidays.

Moved from the Midwest with limited time to ski to the Wasatch so I am having a blast. Been out 7 times if you count one time with the kido (already got more ski time than last season). Got new gear and boots that fit, so I am feeling like a new man. It is crazy how much easier skiing is when you aren't floating in your boots. Can't wait for when the storms come. Working an off hour shift next week so I plan on logging 2 more days before the weekend.

Groomers have been fun, says nobody in the wasatch except the flatlander lol. Glad your enjoying it! I have about 5 days in and will head up sunday and monday. Most years Ive suffered through the lowtide on skis >115 waist. This year I have some old gotomas and have found joy in laying them on edge so have been making the most of it.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

The funny thing will be when all the dipshits are bitching about snow in April once there is (hopefully) a base. But they'll want to ride their bikes then...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    The funny thing will be when all the dipshits are bitching about snow in April once there is (hopefully) a base. But they'll want to ride their bikes then...
    That's what the desert is for. April and May storms are the best *if there is a base.

But ya, the whole rush to get open Oct 15th but close down with full coverage thing has always perplexed me.

Just stopping in to apologize. I had a choice of buying some GS slay the groomers skis or some fatty pow sticks, and well, you all know what I picked. Day zero here.

The majority of people don't want to be skiing in April but they sure do for Thanksgiving and over the Christmas holiday period. It's about making that $. Just because a lot of people aren't as "core" as some folks that post in here doesn't make them dipshits. Personally I'm not that motivated for skiing come April. Maybe that will change again at some point for now that's where I'm at. Give me about 3 or 4 months of good skiing with lots of powder days and I'm pretty good for the year, after that I want to be walking and riding around the forest.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    The majority of people don't want to be skiing in April but they sure do for Thanksgiving and over the Christmas holiday period. It's about making that $.
    It's not about being core, it is about resorts bending nature to their will because of how arbitrary holiday vacations fall. Funny how some guy who lived centuries ago in the Middle East controls the beginning and end of our ski season. Christmas-Easter.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    It's not about being core, it is about resorts bending nature to their will because of how arbitrary holiday vacations fall. Funny how some guy who lived centuries ago in the Middle East controls the beginning and end of our ski season. Christmas-Easter.
    Interesting way to put it for sure. I think it's more of a psychological thing with the changing seasons though, or at least it has been for me.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I'll admit that it is hard to be stoked on skiing after our annual beach vacation in the spring. Usually come back and start thinking about the desert.

I typically save my vacation days to optimize the holiday free days at Xmas/New year's. I am off from the 13th Dec -jan 2. Was planning on skiing the entire time. Looks like I'll be catching up on some interior house painting and TV watching . Sucks, but what can ya do?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Yep and the people in Denver bitching about "snow in May!!"

I'll sell my sled, that will fix things up proper.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

I'm just worried about my AIARE 1 class in the San Juans over NYE...hard to do much on dirt.

I just got my snow fix by watching the Bills game’s OT coverage on TV. Rad

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    The solution is obvious isn't it? Move Thanksgiving to late December and Christmas to late January. The original Thanksgiving was in October, and Jesus was probably born in the fall so the current dates are arbitrary. Easter is probably OK left alone--spring breaks are already all over the map anyway. Late spring skiing is going to be a business decision--most people have given up and it's not cost-effective for non-passholders, except maybe in the most northern resorts. Let's start a movement.

idk I kinda enjoy how ski tourism season ends before the best part of ski season