Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I’ve now resorted to day drinking.
    When it's 60+ on the front porch, might as well.

I just dropped 5 grams from my EDC by removing my season pass from wallet....UL ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Idk, the president said it's gonna be record cold in the east. You must read the fake weather news.
    -15F at my brothers place in North Conway NH this morning. Sounds like it could be close to record cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshot76 View Post
    We need more than love down south. [Picture]
    Looks like Kendall? Gross.

I got just enough to remind how fun skiing is (even just ripping groomers) with couple days at Mary Jane around Christmas. Now I'm back in the Juans and not only is there nearly zero snow, the chick I've been hooking up with accepted a job offer in the east since Purgatory has been struggling to keep everyone at full time.

No back country skiing to speak of and now my consistent lay is moving across the country. Fuck this season straight to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    All kinds of folks were skinning up to Jones and Butler yesterday when I was up there snowshoeing with my kids. The tide sure looked low to me though. Got to be a shit ton of stuff lurking just below the surface. Sure as hell wouldn't catch me attempting to ski any backcountry trees in conditions like that.
    We had a good day up in the park on Wednesday. They have a little less snow down that way but not too much. Find a slope with mostly small rocks under the snow and I’m sure it’d be fine. Still rock ski snowpack but if you can’t find something fun it’s your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Looks like Kendall? Gross.

I got just enough to remind how fun skiing is (even just ripping groomers) with couple days at Mary Jane around Christmas. Now I'm back in the Juans and not only is there nearly zero snow, the chick I've been hooking up with accepted a job offer in the east since Purgatory has been struggling to keep everyone at full time.

No back country skiing to speak of and now my consistent lay is moving across the country. Fuck this season straight to hell.
    +++ vibes +++
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

scheduled to head out to Breckenridge first week of Feb. Looks like I will be a wreck for the rest of the month.....

Quote Originally Posted by FsChris View Post
    scheduled to head out to Breckenridge first week of Feb. Looks like I will be a wreck for the rest of the month.....
    Why not switch your trip to somewhere with snow?

Much can change in a month.

Of course I said that last month as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

The high pressure ridge suck town continues. FML

I hope shit turns around for my trip to JH in two weeks but it's not looking great. Last year was all-time too...

That being said, now that I'm headed west, the east shoul dget hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I hope shit turns around for my trip to JH in two weeks but it's not looking great. Last year was all-time too...

That being said, now that I'm headed west, the east shoul dget hammered.
    You’re joking, right? JH has some of the better snow in the West at the moment.

JH is pretty much as far south as you can go this season (in the west) and still find good snow. If you're looking for more coverage than what Jackson has, head over to nearby Targhee. They've been 100% open for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by FsChris View Post
    I skied at Breck today and while it wasn’t awesome they do have some of the high alpine terrain and steeps open.

Bama definitely prolonged this drought by at least another week. Thanks Saban

Compared to last year it's not great. Last year I hit at the perfect time so I'm just bitching because this is the bitching thread.

That being said, I did have to change my flight from SLC (was going to spend a few days there) to JH and eat a $407 fee.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Compared to last year it's not great. Last year I hit at the perfect time so I'm just bitching because this is the bitching thread.

That being said, I did have to change my flight from SLC (was going to spend a few days there) to JH and eat a $407 fee.
    Going to ski (one of) the best resorts, with respect to snow coverage and total accumulation, is not bitching.

But don't worry, I'll be there, too. And I've proven to be storm repellent this year. So, you're welcome?

This season is like a fucking episode of Black Mirror.

I just got back from JH and togwotee pass. It is marginal coverage in most areas. The hype is real. This season blows.

https://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/ftpref...mal_update.pdf

if you're bitching about the coverage in JH I think you're just bitching about early season skiing

Northern New Mexico --> local resort claims 4" season total.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi_Lee View Post
    Damn! That is really harsh.....20 years ago Taos used to post respectable snowfall numbers, not so much anymore.

You win

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    You win

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    If by 'win' you mean all of us in NM are righteously phucked, you are correct....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

We have 80% snowpack at the moment, which has felt a little thin at time but I no longer feel upset.