Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    if it's of any conciliation. it's setting up lovely over here in the Alps. Ride you bike till it snows

Sent from my SM-G930F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    don't worry be happy and come visit us in the tetons, mon
    the skiing is good up high here
    no new snow for a bit but enough snow and nice sunny skies
    Careful or you'll find yourself invaded. As far as I can tell, we are having handily the worst start to a season on record in the Wasatch, and the drive isn't that long.

yea i thought of that but also know it will shift again at any moment enough to not make any material. just wanted to throw it out there in case any of my homies here were jonesing.
    funny how it ebbs and flows every yr.
    some yrs you are so excited to ski and there’s no snow. then another yr you couldn’t give AS about ski conditions and it’s on
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I almost dumped a ton of money into a new pow setup this year thinking about those crazy storm... awfully glad I didn't now. We'll be lucky to have a couple foot base by mid February at this point.

God damn it. I'm fucking butthurt.
    Went to Purg today because they'd opened top to bottom but it was so windy at the top it was like being in a giant sand blaster. Other than that, it was skiing and like Lemmy said, "And if that's all there is, that ain't so bad".

Relax...winter is coming.
    Last edited by Garth Bimble; 12-09-2017 at 08:10 AM.
    The Sheriff is near!

then another yr you couldn’t give AS about ski conditions
    Not following...

A Shit
    sorry acronym focused but nsfw oriented
    skid luxury

Official bitch about this season discussion

A Shit
    sorry acronym focused but nsfw oriented
    You misunderstand me...
    (Hint: I got the acronym)

haha yes sarcasm is hard in type. you also don’t live in a remote town where skiing is “the only activity of importance” for like 7 months of the yr.
    can be a love hate relationship. mostly love tho so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice
    skid luxury

I must say, JH always seems to have good snow...

#totallyjelly

Texas just got some snow.

I seriously have been having so much fun hiking around doing a bunch of trail planning here in Flagstaff I haven't cared at all about the skiing. To be honest the trail scoping and building stuff now is my main passion. I'm so addicted to that shit it's sort of embarrassing. I went up to the mountain to pick up my pass two weeks ago and went for one lap on the one trail that was open and then quickly got back in my car and headed back down to go for a mountain bike ride. That's the beauty about being this far down south, if it doesn't snow we have so much other stuff to be doing I rarely miss the thing I'm not doing but I'm also old and sort of indifferent at this point, I just like being outside.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Big Sky has been decent, lots of terrain open for early season, though we are now mired in high pressure like the rest of the west. But for anybody who is desperate and can drop everything and travel, this deal just came across the email. 3 days skiing for $139 until 12/21. Just throwin it out there...

https://bigskyresort.com/cola?utm_co...7wfr24g5rzr0jz

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The PNWet started out like it was going to follow last year. Then, a week of rain up to most peaks, followed by a dusting. Now; high pressure mega ridge suck town.

We're in the middle of what might be the longest dry stretch for winter. More like PNnotWet,
    I blame the SJW contingent who needed a 55 gal drum of this
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Because of an old pic in the Ullr thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi WTF is dat! May I suggest that instead of the overrated, overhyped and overpriced Colorado Rockies, that you "think outside the box" and instead come bring your "A-Game" to the mountains of the northeast, home of the gnarliest snowriding in the USA? I would proffer that all things considered, the New England area is the clear choice. The conditions are actually more dependable and consistent than Colorado due to the superior snowmaking and cold temperatures combined with ample snowfall. Also the terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") and the setting is Norman Rockwell-esque! Pursuing the plethora of hot NYC/NJ and Boston "chicas" in their stretch pants can be even better than the great skiing, but I must warn you they are quite feisty and outspoken, unlike the laid-back western gals. Try Killington, Vermont, and when you score your first powder day in the glades of "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy" , you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you! Both Smugglers Notch, Vermont or Waterville Valley, New Hampshire would be also be good choices.
    While I am here,I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots, NewSchoolers, Pugskiazoids, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS and/or "trolling" is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    saved
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    saved
    Well played
    He’s deleted that now and the subsequent comment

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Well played
    He’s deleted that now and the subsequent comment
    I was wondering why I can’t see it? Haha

greg has seemed edgier and out of sorts for a while, which kind of kills the persona in my opinion. it seems he went from top button buttoned to naked and angry with a sticky shirt in the corner.

It's a gorgeous day here and they're opening some new expert terrain and another TTB run.
    I enrolled my wife in an all day women's clinic and she's not exactly thrilled.
    She's dragging her feet, so I'm posting here, so I don't think about missing the opening bell.

pack your gear and head north ........

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/weat...ches-per-hour/
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Sorry everyone... Sucks to have no snow. Doing ok in my area. Good coverage but nothing coming for at least 10 days.
    A bunch of you need to spend way too much on mountain bikes. Then it will snow!

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Sorry everyone... Sucks to have no snow. Doing ok in my area. Good coverage but nothing coming for at least 10 days.
    I'm doing my part by golfing 2-3 times a week

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
    over 100% SWE of normal where i live;
    have a nice season in your trendy mountain town .....
    careful, Ullr doesn't like smug.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Done! Now, where is my snow?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Done! Now, where is my snow?
    Can you add Carbon? Add more CARBON! $3000 trendy wheelset should make it snow.

Can you add Carbon? Add more CARBON! $3000 trendy wheelset should make it snow.
    Good call. Time to fuck my credit card up.

i just don't feel like riding my bike tho