Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OH MAH GAWD

All the cold and no snow here.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Y'all are fuct. Hunker down, drink hard, and get weird.

And send the snow this way. We're in the middle of one of the longest and driest stretches in history out here.

THE END IS NIGH!!

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Couldn't figure out how to post, but the Portland Snow Storm crash video is worth a watch. Could very easily be ATL if the commentators had southern accents.
    the 2007 storm?

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

"Stone Mountain Skate'nSki"

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    the 2007 storm?

Yeah, your innernet kung fu must be stronger than mine.

I lived on the side of a mountain N of ATL and we snowboarded, mostly on dead leaves and grass, but with a little snow on it. Stone Mtn would be gnarly! Robert E Lee's nose would make a sick kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Have video of carnage?
    Yeah on an external drive with old iPhone photos at home. I’ll have to dig up up it’s worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    That sounds fucking amazing......
    It was truly epic. And I hate using that word.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Bmill's snow storm bar story was the first thing I thought of when I read the first post.
    I wouldn't even know what what word(s) to search, but I remember his other thread about the same bar: If some asshole keeps playing Don McLean I'm gonna snap.
    Yep, it’s the same magical bar. Now I’m on a mission to find that post.

Hold my beer.
    I still call it The Jake.

C'mom BMills, I'm having to do actual work now......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    C'mom BMills, I'm having to do actual work now......
    Trust me its not for lack of trying. Searching threads here sucks.

I remember being induced to tell the story after a discussion that involved Iceman mentioning a story of a car hitting like 20 parked cars in DC during a snowstorm... Ice, how's your memory?

I know I used the words snowpocalypse, local dive, narcotics, ATL... and fuck if the search function is still of no help.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

I remember being induced to tell the story after a discussion that involved Iceman mentioning a story of a car hitting like 20 parked cars in DC during a snowstorm... Ice, how's your memory?

I know I used the words snowpocalypse, local dive, narcotics, ATL... and fuck if the search function is still of no help.
    Lulz, yep, the search function here blows....wtf Andrew?????
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    lol a few years ago I was consulting in ATL and was there for a "snowstorm" which was hilarious. they named the winter storm, firstly (I always felt winter storms were just called "winter" but whatever), and shut down the freaking highways with 1" of snow lol. it got a little icy, so I sat in a corner office watching the nearby intersection and in an hour saw probably 10 minor collisions, a couple major ones, and the biggest clusterfuck of cluelessness I have ever seen. and I live in slc now so that's saying something.

vaya con dios amigo, you are doomed
    I have an ex girlfriend who lives down there. A few years back they got 2-4". All the roads were shut and her kids could not get home from school. Somehow, one of her neighbors had a snow machine and was able to drive it on the micro dump to grab her kids.

Did you try "naked man, Atlanta Zoo, monkey cage" or was that another story?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The search function has always sucked here. I often resorted to Googling threads. That used to work pretty well but now Google seems to only return results for things that I don't want.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Did you try "naked man, Atlanta Zoo, monkey cage" or was that another story?
    Another story, and I know where to find that one. It's bookmarked under my "Harambe" tab.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The search function has always sucked here. I often resorted to Googling threads. That used to work pretty well but now Google seems to only return results for things that I don't want.
    Right? I tried that too and it wasn't any help.

Ok, now I'm on a mission. I've alluded to that Snowpocalypse epic 2 day bar bender and assorted adventure here and to others 3 times today.

I'm going to rely on my memory, and that of others here:

Iceman and I think KQ: I seem to recall it was involving a thread where you were trading tales of cars getting whacked during blizzards or ice storms or something along those lines. Ring any bells?

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Thread drift, but had anyone noticed Google starting to suck at finding specific and uncommon things? I used to be able to snipe the right search result with just some clever search terms, but now it just wants to give me fucking AMP pages.

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    It's snowing in Atlanta.

Please pray for us.
    Snowed in Houston today too, maybe an inch. So of course car accidents ensued. The route I normally take had an accident that blocked off the freeway and people had to exit and take the feeder road.

I of course forsaw this as Houston hadn't had measurable snow since 2009 and enjoyed my coffee while the amateurs broke up any ice and slick spots ahead of me making their way to work.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Iceman and I think KQ: I seem to recall it was involving a thread where you were trading tales of cars getting whacked during blizzards or ice storms or something along those lines. Ring any bells?
    It was definitely iceman's thread. But that's a lot of threads.

EDIT: found it.

It starts here at post 113 of the Your best story from today thread

EDIT: But I still think there might have been further elaboration of that story in another thread.

Or maybe I'm just filling the in blanks from my own similar experiences, like christmases at the "roughest bar in America" spoiler alert: it's not. However, it is a shithole for sure.
    Last edited by pisteoff; 12-08-2017 at 05:13 PM.

“Your best story from today”?

I was living in Portland for that 2007 ice storm. Drove the kid and a friend to mt hood for a ski race, it was fine. At 8 they came in and cancelled the race because of the roads. They were 100% clear when I left my house. I had one of the sketchiest drives home of my life. The I5 was like the walking dead. I turned into my driveway, thank god I opened the garage door because it was picking up speed, only stopped when I hit indoors. Needed crampons to walk to the store.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Has anyone ever skied Stone Mountain?
    Great question. It's pretty steep if you go down the confederate side. You would have to deal with some angry rednecks likely at the bottom for disrespecting their heros.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

yeah Bmills flyover found it but here ya go: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hlight=atlanta

Starting with #113.

some other decent stuff earlier in that thread too.

It was definitely iceman's thread. But that's a lot of threads.

EDIT: found it.

It starts here at post 113 of the Your best story from today thread

EDIT: But I still think there might have been further elaboration of that story in another thread.

Or maybe I'm just filling the in blanks from my own similar experiences, like christmases at the "roughest bar in America" spoiler alert: it's not. However, it is a shithole for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    “Your best story from today”?

Solid work fellas! That’s definitely the last time I remember telling the story and it goes back-and-forth between iceman and I for a few posts more there, but you’re not mistaken, I remember posting about it in more detail somewhere else. Who knows, I could be imagining it as well. But it was a fucking fantastic time, That I do know for a fact.

Eastern blizzards were the best. 5 days no school!

In VT I got a dusting. Fuck. You guys stole my fucking snow.

the struggle is realClick image for larger version. 

Name:	028.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	218391

I am ready and will fearlessly face the stormClick image for larger version. 

Name:	029.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	218392
    "Can't you see..."

My folks said they had 8-10" at their place last night... More than we have in CO...