Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OH MAH GAWD

OH MAH GAWD

It's snowing in Atlanta.

Please pray for us.
    "Can't you see..."

yer doomed
    watch out for snakes

I was there for the blizzard of '93. Get out asap. Or go buy milk and eggs....

Wind drifts of 2-4"!

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Was that like an inch...that shut down the city for a week? 😂😂

Lol....that's pretty much like I've seen in Seattle. 2 inches shuts down the whole downtown from Ballard on down. 😂😂😂

And the drag queens up on Broadway slip and fall because their high heels suck in the snow.....but apparently so do they.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Was that like an inch...that shut down the city for a week? ����

Lol....that's pretty much like I've seen in Seattle. 2 inches shuts down the whole downtown from Ballard on down. ������

And the drag queens up on Broadway slip and fall because their high heels suck in the snow.....but apparently so do they.
    Actually the Blizzard of '93 was substantial. ~3 feet.

Blizzard of '96 wasn't too bad either. I drove my 1980 Buick with bald tires to a Cyprus Hill/Pharcyde concert in the middle of it and almost died a few times. Pretty fun concert though, seemed like a refugee camp with people arriving intermittently from all over the metro with stories of how they got there.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    And bread too. Everybody makes french toast when it snows.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

lol a few years ago I was consulting in ATL and was there for a "snowstorm" which was hilarious. they named the winter storm, firstly (I always felt winter storms were just called "winter" but whatever), and shut down the freaking highways with 1" of snow lol. it got a little icy, so I sat in a corner office watching the nearby intersection and in an hour saw probably 10 minor collisions, a couple major ones, and the biggest clusterfuck of cluelessness I have ever seen. and I live in slc now so that's saying something.

vaya con dios amigo, you are doomed

I wish it would snow here. The natives are restless.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

A buddy said they got snow at his house just north of New Orleans this morning. Guessing they got 1" of heavy slushy snow. Tons of homes without power, most businesses and all schools closed. Pandemonium!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Has anyone ever skied Stone Mountain?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I’ve posted at length about the blast that was Snowpocalypse ATL2014 - shit was no joke.

I too being a Yankee transplant was full of hubris and condescension towards my fellow citizens and headed out in the storm to grab a Starbucks having already secured sufficient quantities of bourbon, LaCroix, meats and cheeses.

What people not from ATL don’t realize is 1) the city is hilly as fuck and 2) that 3 inches of snow turned to pure bulletproof ice in about an hour on every paved surface.

Thanks to the city’s lack of any planning, and the decision to send a city of 6 million people home from school and work all at once, combined with the ice rink that now covered the region, what you got was the Walking Dead images all over the city for the next 3 days.

After my awd Eurosled tried to Piotrowski 3 times on the slope out of my neighborhood I determined it best to turn around.

I grabbed my dog, a flask of Woodford and set out on the most bizarre winter hike of my life all over Buckhead and West Midtown to observe the carnage.

People walking miles home from abandoned cars, I-75 was a parking lot for days. Chick Fil A workers delivering food to stranded people on foot for free, everything dead silent in a city that big. It was wild.

The best part was the only thing that was open was my local dive which became a neighborhood oasis of sorts. Not many laws were followed there for the next 48 hours and we drank them out of absolutely everything like it was an end of the world bacchanal with no closing time. It was amazing.

Sadly I’m out of town this week and can’t hope to recreate that fun. That and I have a kid now so hey.

Be strong ATLiens, and stay off the roads.
    I still call it The Jake.

End times... end times....

We are blessed with freezing fog. Haven't broken freezing for 4 days now. So icy out I almost bit it twice walking around the barn on the dirt. What a mess but at least temps aren't south of zero, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

What people not from ATL don’t realize is 1) the city is hilly as fuck and 2) that 3 inches of snow turned to pure bulletproof ice in about an hour on every paved surface.

Thanks to the city’s lack of any planning, and the decision to send a city of 6 million people home from school and work all at once, combined with the ice rink that now covered the region, what you got was the Walking Dead images all over the city for the next 3 days.
    Funny - just this morning I was remembering a time in Seattle when a transplant from Colorado was ranking on how people in Seattle (downtown in particular) can't drive in the snow and "I'm from Colorado! I know how to drive in the snow!" She drove off after her brag and about 10 mins later she got in a wreck because she thought she was too cool for school and was driving too fast on a hilly curvy road.

What people don't get about the Puget Sound is that the snow is wet and it is slick as snot. Throw in some hills and lots of cars parked along the side of the road and you're in for some trouble.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Have video of carnage?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I’ve posted at length about the blast that was Snowpocalypse ATL2014 - shit was no joke.

I too being a Yankee transplant was full of hubris and condescension towards my fellow citizens and headed out in the storm to grab a Starbucks having already secured sufficient quantities of bourbon, LaCroix, meats and cheeses.

After my awd Eurosled tried to Piotrowski 3 times on the slope out of my neighborhood I determined it best to turn around.

I grabbed my dog, a flask of Woodford and set out on the most bizarre winter hike of my life all over Buckhead and West Midtown to observe the carnage.

People walking miles home from abandoned cars, I-75 was a parking lot for days. Chick Fil A workers delivering food to stranded people on foot for free, everything dead silent in a city that big. It was wild.

The best part was the only thing that was open was my local dive which became a neighborhood oasis of sorts. Not many laws were followed there for the next 48 hours and we drank them out of absolutely everything like it was an end of the world bacchanal with no closing time. It was amazing.

Sadly I’m out of town this week and can’t hope to recreate that fun. That and I have a kid now so hey.

Be strong ATLiens, and stay off the roads.
    That sounds fucking amazing......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

See I told y'all global warming was a hoax.

I feel ya KQ. Not as bad here but it hasn't thawed in the shade for days.

We are getting a bunch of gravel delivered Monday and I've been out the last few days trying to scrape frozen roads to get them ready. Such a pain and takes much longer than if they were thawed.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    That sounds fucking amazing......
    Bmill's snow storm bar story was the first thing I thought of when I read the first post.

It was 12 this morning and now freezing fog just moved in here. My parents have 3" snow at their house - on the Texas Gulf Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Bmill's snowstorm-bar story was the first thing I thought of when I read the first post.
    Link? Holy god the search function here sucks moose balls.....I blame Dunfee.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

It's funny because it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Link? Holy god the search function here sucks moose balls.....I blame Dunfee.
    I wouldn't even know what what word(s) to search, but I remember his other thread about the same bar: If some asshole keeps playing Don McLean I'm gonna snap.

Couldn't figure out how to post, but the Portland Snow Storm crash video is worth a watch. Could very easily be ATL if the commentators had southern accents.