Page 50 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 3329
    Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    MSRP. Where can I get them cheaper? Don’t have pro form anymore.
    I’m shopping now, too, and it looks like Canadian MSRP is cheaper at $650 CAD

if you've got "prime" and amazon you could do ok...the Atomic Shifts are the exact same is my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Is everyone paying retail for these right now?
    Corbett’s had a Black Friday sale where they got pretty cheap (relatively)—paid something like $415 usd for them. I bet a lot of people here did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyWood View Post
    ^^ what he said
    And what exactly was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    And what exactly was that?
    exactly

I mounted a pair with the template yesterday and I think the hole pattern for the heel piece is 7 mm too far back compared to the jig.
    The result is that the brake assembly will sit too far forward on the base plate rails and have less support than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by yiu-han View Post
    I mounted a pair with the template yesterday and I think the hole pattern for the heel piece is 7 mm too far back compared to the jig.
    The result is that the brake assembly will sit too far forward on the base plate rails and have less support than intended.
    You should put this in the "PSA: Mount your own fucking skis" thread and/or the "Binding Mount Paper Templates" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by yiu-han View Post
    Not sure what you mean. The heel track is set up on the template so that if you mount for your BCL, the forward pressure adjustment is in the center of the 30mm total adjustment range. This is how all of the templates are set up. If you don't like the BCL where it is by default, you can do a little math and adjust how you mount the heel track.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Not sure what you mean. The heel track is set up on the template so that if you mount for your BCL, the forward pressure adjustment is in the center of the 30mm total adjustment range. This is how all of the templates are set up. If you don't like the BCL where it is by default, you can do a little math and adjust how you mount the heel track.
    Yep, annoyingly & like many other jigs, the Shift jig doesn't put the heel in the centre of adjustment. On my measurements using the jig leaves 18mm of forward adjustment and 12mm of rearward adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Yep, annoyingly & like many other jigs, the Shift jig doesn't put the heel in the centre of adjustment. On my measurements using the jig leaves 18mm of forward adjustment and 12mm of rearward adjustment.
    That could explain my situation. I assumed the jig would put it in the center. I didn't have it nearby to measure.

Re Spare Toe Studs
    I'd say 30 out of the 50 odd Shift mounts I've done so have have been done with inserts so I figured I best order some spare studs as it won't be long before I get a call from someone saying they've lost one. They come in pairs including the staked in regular mounting screw but Amer have said that they won't be available until mid/end Feb.

So if you're using inserts do NOT lose a toe stud - well at least not for a couple of months!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    This hasn't been my experience with other jigs, and I actually give Salomon props for it. I find most Look and Marker jigs (the only other alpine bindings I've used) put the heel about 2/3 of the way forward on the track (i.e. there is more rearward adjustment available than forward.) This makes for a longer than necessary mounting pattern and, as someone that spends a decent amount of time riding switch, always irked me that said long mounting pattern was robbing me of a centimeter or two of tail flex.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    This hasn't been my experience with other jigs, and I actually give Salomon props for it. I find most Look and Marker jigs (the only other alpine bindings I've used) put the heel about 2/3 of the way forward on the track (i.e. there is more rearward adjustment available than forward.) This makes for a longer than necessary mounting pattern and, as someone that spends a decent amount of time riding switch, always irked me that said long mounting pattern was robbing me of a centimeter or two of tail flex.
    What I meant was that it's annoying that most jigs don't put the heels in the middle of the adjustment, which is what most lay people would expect - and which would be make it a lot simpler when trying to work out offset mounts etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8731.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	977.4 KB 
ID:	261013

110 brakes on 122mm Noctas. Minimal bending if any.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

Name:	IMG_8731.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	977.4 KB 
ID:	261013

110 brakes on 122mm Noctas. Minimal bending if any.
    Did you purposely mount them so the text from the ski and binding line up this nicely? If so, props.

On second thought, what do you do when the boot is in and you cannot read this?

Haha, nice

Nah I left this mount in the hands of a shop with a jig.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Can't recall if this has been mentioned here but there's an issue with the Hawx boot when trying to set the toe height on the Shift due to the edge of the vibram rubber sole fouling the black AFD housing on the binding thus preventing the smooth AFD panel on the boot sitting directly on the white sliding AFD of the binding.

Here's the area that catches

Name:	Atomic Hawx sole mod for Shift 1.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	620.9 KB 
ID:	261405

And here's the 10 second solution with a razor blade which sorts the problem

Name:	Atomic Hawx sole mod for Shift 2.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	669.1 KB 
ID:	261406

good info for us hawx-users! Cannot remember that being mentioned before

Yes, thank you Spyderjon for info! Haven't heard about it and didn't notice that when adjusting AFD. Good job from Atomic with those WTF soles...

I have what I am sure is a dumb question but feel the need to ask.
    I just had a pair of shifts mounted (atomic version) and when I was checking out the mounting of the toe I happened to noticed that not all the markings were there. Example the “carbon fused” that is on the wing.
    Is it possible that I got a pair that was/are prototype or do you think that it is just a “mis” during the mfg process. Just curious more then anything...

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    I have what I am sure is a dumb question but feel the need to ask.
    I just had a pair of shifts mounted (atomic version) and when I was checking out the mounting of the toe I happened to noticed that not all the markings were there. Example the “carbon fused” that is on the wing.
    Is it possible that I got a pair that was/are prototype or do you think that it is just a “mis” during the mfg process. Just curious more then anything...
    Chinese counterfeit clone, $99 off ebay. You've been had!

I had a release test done on my Shift/Beast Carbon combo last week. Shop said they couldn't sign off on them because they technically aren't compatible, but they passed the test.. Before I bought the Shifts, I asked several shops if they would work together. 3/5 said yes and the other 2/5 couldn't answer for sure..

I just skied with them for 2 days and had no problems. Only released once when my ski tip got caught in a rut, but no pre-releases or not releasing when they should've.

Anyone else out there rocking this combo or can anyone tell me if it's legit?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxxx View Post
    I had a release test done on my Shift/Beast Carbon combo last week. Shop said they couldn't sign off on them because they technically aren't compatible, but they passed the test.. Before I bought the Shifts, I asked several shops if they would work together. 3/5 said yes and the other 2/5 couldn't answer for sure..

I just skied with them for 2 days and had no problems. Only released once when my ski tip got caught in a rut, but no pre-releases or not releasing when they should've.

Anyone else out there rocking this combo or can anyone tell me if it's legit?
    'Cause the Masterstep/Quick Step toe inserts have a vertical ridge that protrudes from the perimeter of the boot sole they technically don't pass the AT boot standard but if you see the pic in my post #1016 in this thread you'll see that they don't interfere with the binding at all so you're good to go.

My stock order of 100mm crampons arrived today. The 120mm versions measure 126mm internally but some of the 100mm'ers are a tad tighter with 50% measuring 105mm and the balance 106mm.