Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3329
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    You do know that a plastic cutting board and a 'tele' or 'splitboard' riser weighs about half that? I guess you do drill another hole in your ski... but it's much simpler and weighs less. Not sure if it would hit the boot in the right spot, but maybe? Will have to play around with it.
    remember that depending on your BSL the G3 or Voile risers very simply may not fit in the area between toe & heelpiece,

having a larger BSL is better probably

not work fo small AZN man
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

FWIW on the blister podcast the owner of a shop in Girdwood said he’s only had one pair of shifts come back this year for warranty. Sounds like the guy sold a lot of Shifts this year too.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    FWIW on the blister podcast the owner of a shop in Girdwood said he’s only had one pair of shifts come back this year for warranty. Sounds like the guy sold a lot of Shifts this year too.
    I’ve been seeing a lot on the hill. Haven’t seen any in the BC though. I’ve been touring midweek though.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

What DIN are you guys running at? On my Vipecs I generally run 11, which basically gives me a point of release just short of a major pulled muscle in the calf (I can ski the next day, but its a bit sore and has me hobbling a bit). I've only released when I've landed a bit forward on pretty large cliffs (25'+), so I feel like that's a good place to leave the release tension at.
    I'm on 10 at toe, 12 at heel.

Maybe 11 would be ok, but with heel releases I was ok to go back to my old solly dins 10/12

I have really big calves though...

Test passed on 12:

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    I'm on 10 at toe, 12 at heel.
    What were you running before the ‘pre-release’?

What were you running before the ‘pre-release’?
    11 at heel. To be clear, they were just releases, maybe a little soon but all were on airs landing forward into deep snow.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    my buddy has only had 2 kingpins warrantied ever at his shop specializing in BC gear, that said I know there was a real problem

My take on the Shift is at least some user error
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-31-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    11 at heel. To be clear, they were just releases, maybe a little soon but all were on airs landing forward into deep snow.
    Thanks for the info. I used to run my STH16 heels at 12 too, so maybe I’ll start there. I dropped to 11 on Vipecs after pulling my calf a bit worse than I preferred, but I think the release force or lack of elasticity required that I drop it below the STHs (super low dorsiflexion and tight achilles so I’m susceptible to that sort of injury unfortunately).

Where in Euro are you, btw? Looks like super fun terrain. I’ll be moving to Zurich in July.

I’ll be moving to Zurich in July.
    Ping LeoK for beta... just stayed with him there. Man, so much good skiing within 2 hrs, lucky dog

Damn Lindahl that’s rad. I just got back from a week in St Anton which is an easy direct train ride from the Zurich HB. I’m no expert on the area by any stretch of the imagination, but learned a lot since we had bluebird and low avy danger 6/7 days. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 03-29-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    my buddy only had 2 kingpins warrantied ever at a shop specializing in BC gear, that said I know there was a real problem

My take on the Shift is at least some user error
    Agreed.

We are most definitely not at DEFCON MARKER.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Nevermind

I’ve been really happy with mine

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    You're making it more complicated than it actually is, it's not that confusing.

The arrows are supposed to align with a little rectangular indicator nub on the threaded metal piece (as seen in JRainey's pic). That little nub goes between the arrows. As long as the arrows are within the area of that indicator/nub, then it's good. The end of the threaded metal piece is supposed to be more or less flush with the end of the black piece.

JRainey and Wildsnow have it set up correctly. Yours is definitely not correct, as is explicitly said in the manual
    Macon and Jrainey are correct.

The article kid-kapow linked written by me states explicitly that the picture I posted ( to which he linked) is further forward than the Salomon/Atomic recomendation and that it is to be tried at your own risk

Well, today I walked out of both heels one time each. The issue I had was a small amount of ice on each heel. Once I carefully cleaned my boots (and the bindings) no other issues.

It was remarkable how I just stepped out. I’ll be more careful. Skied hard before and after.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Well, today I walked out of both heels one time each. The issue I had was a small amount of ice on each heel. Once I carefully cleaned my boots (and the bindings) no other issues.

It was remarkable how I just stepped out. I’ll be more careful. Skied hard before and after.

exactly.
    this need has taught me a new way of cleaning boots: scraping the sole on the opposite toe buckle. it’s useless anyway, might as well kick it.

kicking the heel piece sends the ski.

kicking the toe...

stay clean my friends.
    bumps are for poor people

Well, had a good test today. Landed *way* too far forward - no release.

Name:  00241XTR_00241_BURST20190330122850.jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  69.7 KB

was having some prerelease issues last weekend and the binding it was happening to felt a little loose, made a slight clicking noise when i moved my boot back and forth. Anyone have this issue and know what to adjust to correct it? havent had any issues this entire season before last weekend. Also is there a manual online anywhere, couldnt find one

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman922 View Post
    was having some prerelease issues last weekend and the binding it was happening to felt a little loose, made a slight clicking noise when i moved my boot back and forth. Anyone have this issue and know what to adjust to correct it? havent had any issues this entire season before last weekend. Also is there a manual online anywhere, couldnt find one
    I don’t post often but I wanted to see if anybody was having pre release issues. I have had multiple random issues and the last one cost me a shoulder injury. Not going to use inbounds anymore. Seems like one hard jossle knocks them off.

Anyways I’d like to see what Others are saying

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman922 View Post
    Using a WTR sole? Your AFD plate likely lowered down. Follow the directions posted earlier in the thread to re-adjust.

Tough to trouble shoot with zero data points.

For people mounting this binding, I found it very difficult to set the AFD to the right height while the forward pressure was to spec. It was way too easy for the boot to get jammed into the binding but not be in the proper vertical position to set the AFD. I highly recommend setting the forward pressure to spec, then backing off a full turn or two, then setting the AFD and then setting the forward pressure back to spec.

Where in Euro are you, btw? Looks like super fun terrain. I’ll be moving to Zurich in July.
    I live in Montafon, it's basically one valley over from the Arlberg. You will not want for great terrain in the Alps!

Well, had a good test today. Landed *way* too far forward - no release.

Name:  00241XTR_00241_BURST20190330122850.jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  69.7 KB
    Hucking on Shifts in low vis conditions requires some balls, I have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by prays4snow View Post
    I don’t post often but I wanted to see if anybody was having pre release issues. I have had multiple random issues and the last one cost me a shoulder injury. Not going to use inbounds anymore. Seems like one hard jossle knocks them off.

Anyways I’d like to see what Others are saying

if you want to see what Others are saying read this whole fucking thread..

For people mounting this binding, I found it very difficult to set the AFD to the right height while the forward pressure was to spec. It was way too easy for the boot to get jammed into the binding but not be in the proper vertical position to set the AFD. I highly recommend setting the forward pressure to spec, then backing off a full turn or two, then setting the AFD and then setting the forward pressure back to spec.
    Helpful idea. Haven’t had any of these issues yet, but most of my days are still on alpine clamps. Gonna reset both fwd pressure and AFD on my sets following this method.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?