Page 94 of 134 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 3327
    Noticed some chipping on the rollers on the outside of both toe pieces of my Shifts yesterday. Being used with Freedom RS boots. Assume it is from rubbing on the tech toe fittings on the boots.

Otherwise no release issues in probably 60 days of mostly hard resort skiing.

Anyone know if it is possible to replace the roller if they get worse? Looks like just a little pin.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    You're no fun ;-)
    Sorry. To be fair the AFD adjustment is a bad design and the forward pressure is also easy to get wrong as it is a bit different than others. But Lee's article has all the info you need to avoid those problems.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Maybe an obvious question, and probably already asked, but:
    Is it possible to ski the shift (downhill) with the toes locked for no fall zones?

Quote Originally Posted by JackSkier View Post
    Maybe an obvious question, and probably already asked, but:
    Is it possible to ski the shift (downhill) with the toes locked for no fall zones?
    No, when the toe is in the tech mode your boot is too far forward to engage the heel. So you could ski in locked out tele-mode, but not in alpine.

Ah I hadn't realised that.
    That's a bit of a shame as I find it a big confidence boost being able to do so, think I will stick with my beast 14s.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSkier View Post
    Ah I hadn't realised that.
    That's a bit of a shame as I find it a big confidence boost being able to do so, think I will stick with my beast 14s.
    I mean, I'd always rather ski on an alpine toe than anything tech, locked out or not.

Had a super close call this morning popped off the tiny line in the park and landed on the firm snow on edge. Probably the leverage of my 122 waist but also the forward pressure and toe height had backed off where I set them. Landed and popped toes up and out on outside skis. Had just enough control to bring it to a stop with the inside edge of toes still in binding. Very scary stuff.

2 weeks of hard resort banging on them and had loved them till now. Will continue to ski hard and monitor for slipping of adjustment.

I'd love to see torque release of a backslap because I'm feeling those wings release upwards quite easy. Maybe Josh Daiek knows

^^^

Seems like standard Salomon binding performance. I’ve had sth2 and wardens behave similarly. Would never ski the shift in the park, nor would I recommend it as an everyday binding. But for a travel binding and skiing hard in the backcountry,they’re awesome. I’ve always hated the vagueness in the heel of pin bindings. The shift allows me to ski with full control while touring and my experience has been flawless. But I wouldn’t trust any shop to set them up properly. Follow Lee’s instructions and you’re good. The beast 14 is a decent binding but obviously lacks some features the shifts offer.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Yeah, I get that the Shift certainly will ski better, but, for me, knowing I am going to stay in my bindings is #1 on the list, ski performance comes after. The beasts are rock solid- I've never pre-released from mine in 2 years of use. It's also nice being able to ski around on non knee breaking din settings, and then being able to lock the toe as and when necessary.

Where’s lee laus article for setting them up?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Where’s lee laus article for setting them up?

Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    The heel elasticity is pretty minimal, so any amount of snow on the boot heel or in the brake mechanism will affect the prerelease problem. I suspect that its possible some boots are going to prerelease easier due to where their heel platforms fall within the ISO spec, but haven’t verified that yet.

Have you read LeeLau’s big article on dialing in the Shift to avoid its quirks? It’ll save you a shit ton of reading, if you haven’t committed the last several hundred pages if this thread to memory.

Search for the "SHIFT ISSUES" header in this article:
    https://www.newschoolers.com/news/re...n-Atomic-Shift

So has anyone come out with an aftermarket high climbing bar? I searched this thread and found that a few people had been experimenting with making some. Hard to believe that Salomon or B&D hasn't come up with something to retail.

The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

PSA: Shifts for $350 shipped @ snowinn.com

Disclaimer: I know nothing about snowinn.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    do you use same or different liners for resort and touring? Could you tell which ones?
    Been back and forth with liners. I still haven't found the perfect one. I've tried everything from Intuition WC Tongues to Pro Tours, some indy Euro liners, WC race liners and two different kinds of Palaus. None of them are awesome in my opinion. Some work better for some things and worse for others. Maybe that's my next business foray....

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    PSA: Shifts for $350 shipped @ snowinn.com

Disclaimer: I know nothing about snowinn.com
    But there won't be a warranty in the US.

Blew out twice tonight. I'm cranked to thirteen now and will triple check toe and forward pressure in the morn.

A wise man once said on the cast forum you'll know when you need cast. I think the time is now.

Are you working on a Mtn Lab boot that has a tighter ankle and wider toes? As a bootfitter, this boot is a nightmare and we have stopped carrying it because literally everyone needs a ton of work on it. People love the flex and walk mode, but the fit is the worst out of any modern touring boot I've worked with. I know there is a new S/Pro based touring boot, but is there a lower volume one as well? That may solve the issue of no liners working for you...

^ Interesting, I was shocked when I tried on the Mtn. Figured it was just my foot, absolutely no support on medial side of ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Been back and forth with liners. I still haven't found the perfect one. I've tried everything from Intuition WC Tongues to Pro Tours, some indy Euro liners, WC race liners and two different kinds of Palaus. None of them are awesome in my opinion. Some work better for some things and worse for others. Maybe that's my next business foray....
    Have you tried some decent socks

Do it!! You have a bunch of us test dummies here with big opinions to help with r&d.

Any idea on pivot hole conflict or ideally lack there of? Have pivot holes and considering shift for a pair

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Are you working on a Mtn Lab boot that has a tighter ankle and wider toes? As a bootfitter, this boot is a nightmare and we have stopped carrying it because literally everyone needs a ton of work on it. People love the flex and walk mode, but the fit is the worst out of any modern touring boot I've worked with. I know there is a new S/Pro based touring boot, but is there a lower volume one as well? That may solve the issue of no liners working for you...
    I can say without a doubt that fit you're requesting is happening. I honestly never realized just how narrow that toe box is on the MTN till I tested about 8 different manufacturers boots a couple weeks ago then got back in my MTN Lab. That was the first thing I noticed. So yeah, more traditional touring toe box and more alpine traditional heel cup.

I can say without a doubt that fit you're requesting is happening. I honestly never realized just how narrow that toe box is on the MTN till I tested about 8 different manufacturers boots a couple weeks ago then got back in my MTN Lab. That was the first thing I noticed. So yeah, more traditional touring toe box and more alpine traditional heel cup.
    Sweet that they’re going to tighten up the heel. Bummer about the toe box. It’s damn near impossible to find a low volume touring boot. Way easier for competent boot fitters to make a boot bigger. Making it smaller never works for a performance fit

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Any idea on pivot hole conflict or ideally lack there of? Have pivot holes and considering shift for a pair

There is conflict in the toe holes.