Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3328
    Hey guys wanting to get a better fit on my WC108 from a shift 100 mm brake.
    what is the best way to bend these brakes? It seems that when stepping out the binding the brake gets stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by gluvva View Post
    Hey guys wanting to get a better fit on my WC108 from a shift 100 mm brake.
    what is the best way to bend these brakes? It seems that when stepping out the binding the brake gets stuck.
    I've not needed to bend a 100mm brake for a 108mm ski but it whether it snags or not will depend on how rounded or square the topsheet/sidewall junction is. Before bending I'd recommed bench testing to ascertain which part of the plastic brake lever foot is hitting and then chamfer it slightly with a craft knife as that'll probably do it.

If you do need to bend the brakes then remove the brake and vice grip the arms, either at where they come out of the tour mechanism or on the 45 degree section and then apply pressure at the ends of the levers - that way there's no chance of effecting the tour mode locking mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    I've not needed to bend a 100mm brake for a 108mm ski but it whether it snags or not will depend on how rounded or square the topsheet/sidewall junction is. Before bending I'd recommed bench testing to ascertain which part of the plastic brake lever foot is hitting and then chamfer it slightly with a craft knife as that'll probably do it.

If you do need to bend the brakes then remove the brake and vice grip the arms, either at where they come out of the tour mechanism or on the 45 degree section and then apply pressure at the ends of the levers - that way there's no chance of effecting the tour mode locking mechanism.
    I ended up just bending it by hand and it was enough to clear the skis when stepping out of the binding.
    does the walk mode lock out end up working itself and get a bit easier to engage? at the moment i still have to really put a good effort in to put it in the lock out mode.

Quote Originally Posted by gluvva View Post
    does the walk mode lock out end up working itself and get a bit easier to engage? at the moment i still have to really put a good effort in to put it in the lock out mode.
    Mine definitely got easier to lock out over time

I’ve found two pairs of shifts that have AFDs that won’t adjust high enough to be in contact with a standard din sole. It leaves a solid 1/16th gap. Anyone else find that?

Apparently the Shift is now available in a 10 DIN version, does anyone know the MSRP and when it will be available?

Asking for a friend.

$675 MSRP

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    Apparently the Shift is now available in a 10 DIN version, does anyone know the MSRP and when it will be available?

Asking for a friend.
    The 20/21 Shift 10 has the same list price as the current 19/20 Shift 13. However, the price of the Shift 13 goes up for 20/21. In the UK that list price increase will be GBP50.

Thank you. I was hoping to save a few dollars. Oh, well.

Heel Pre-Release

Hey guys,
    I had a gnarly spill from a dual heel pre-release with these bindings. Messing around with them at home, it seems disconcertingly easy to heel release with forward pressure, even with the rear din cranked up to 11 and the forward pressure adjusted properly. This level of heel hold is just not safe to ski for me - any advice here? The bindings are otherwise so cool and I would love to be able to solve this problem.
    Thanks in advance.

Let’s see a photo of the back heel screw... for starters.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by dremillard View Post
    Hey guys,
    I had a gnarly spill from a dual heel pre-release with these bindings. Messing around with them at home, it seems disconcertingly easy to heel release with forward pressure, even with the rear din cranked up to 11 and the forward pressure adjusted properly. This level of heel hold is just not safe to ski for me - any advice here? The bindings are otherwise so cool and I would love to be able to solve this problem.
    Thanks in advance.
    You’re right those seem dangerous — I’ll take them off your hands for a nominal fee (to me of course).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dremillard View Post
    Hey guys,
    Thanks in advance.
    YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!! Send to me for proper disposal.

I am | | this close to pulling the trigger, just trying to decide if it is worth replacing my barons on my 1 ski quiver (on3p wren 108s) with shifts VS getting some line sick days and putting shifts on them and selling my wrens...

I own wren 108’s and touring on them sounds heavy AF!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I don't tour much, I did shasta on them twice though...with frame bindings...castle peak last weekend...I haven't tried a nice light setup yet so maybe that will change my life/decision?

I think shifts will be great, I just am also considering selling the wrens and trying something else..

Fun facts. Our shop has sold 125 shifts in two years. We have had one broken one. We have had a dozen broken p18s since New Years.

Thats...got me sold.

Just got to find some cash now after my phone just broke

How big is the BSL adjustability on shifts? Bought skis that have inserts for shifts @322 bsl, my boots are 336 bsl. I don't have immediate plans to put shifts on but would I be able to use those inserts?

Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    How big is the BSL adjustability on shifts? Bought skis that have inserts for shifts @322 bsl, my boots are 336 bsl. I don't have immediate plans to put shifts on but would I be able to use those inserts?
    If the inerts were installed with the Shift jig then the heel will move back 12mm or foward 18mm - so you'll need to remount.

ok, shifts are on the way, yeaaaaa, will probably mount them on my wrens for the rest of this season and try to demo a lighter ski (line vision probably) and decide if I want to move them over next year

Any smart kids out there mod these for another riser?

Have some issue with the toe lock lever on the shifts. The lever won´t stay in lock position, also not in the second lock position.

Quote Originally Posted by mfb229 View Post
    Have some issue with the toe lock lever on the shifts. The lever won´t stay in lock position, also not in the second lock position.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...91#post5889691
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by xconverge View Post
    ok, shifts are on the way, yeaaaaa, will probably mount them on my wrens for the rest of this season and try to demo a lighter ski (line vision probably) and decide if I want to move them over next year
    well that escalated quickly... shifts are going on line visions, wrens are being held onto for a bit to see how I like the visions inbounds....