Page 56 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3330
    Salomon brakes have always snagged together like that.

My way of thinking is if you go removing plastic off the brake paddles aren't they more likely to break ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    Salomon brakes have always snagged together like that.
    That would make sense to me as I’ve never used Solly bindings prior to the Shifts.

Reading through the threads about the ADF adjust made me take a close look at my shift setup. ADF gap is fine so far but I noticed that the white ADF plate on my Lupo AX120’s Gripwalks does not exactly line up with the ADF on the binding. Now in all honesty I have never looked that closely at this before. Is this normal.

Sorry adding a picture.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1C6430C6-768B-4905-BC59-1278CD224F49.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	575.2 KB 
ID:	263468

Shaved vs stock
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	957A231C-76E2-4A75-9B62-3D253A977017.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	645.8 KB 
ID:	263469

Salmon brakes really only snag like that when you downsize significantly though. Seem to work fine if you stick close to stated width

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    Reading through the threads about the ADF adjust made me take a close look at my shift setup. ADF gap is fine so far but I noticed that the white ADF plate on my Lupo AX120’s Gripwalks does not exactly line up with the ADF on the binding. Now in all honesty I have never looked that closely at this before. Is this normal.
    The Shift's AFDs are just that much farther back than traditional bindings. My Lupo 130Cs line up the same way. Since those boots came out a season or two before the Shift, Dalbello couldn't have taken it into account when they designed the sole geometry. I think someone earlier in the thread with Atomic boots shaved away a bit of their sole rubber to get only plastic on plastic contact between the boot and the AFD. I'm of the opinion, though, that plastic on plastic is only necessary with a fixed AFD (assuming your sole isn't pressing down so hard it inhibits the motion of the AFD.) I've had a couple of releases so far this season with no issue.

So I'm trying to make a decision on bindings in the next couple days. I want the most downhill performance possible, lots of inbounds use, and lots of quick laps touring (so i've ruled out cast) think the shift is still a safe bet vs something like a tecton or kingpin?

Quote Originally Posted by scandy89 View Post
    So I'm trying to make a decision on bindings in the next couple days. I want the most downhill performance possible, lots of inbounds use, and lots of quick laps touring (so i've ruled out cast) think the shift is still a safe bet vs something like a tecton or kingpin?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by scandy89 View Post
    Forget Kingpin for starters (not trustworthy and rigid toe).

Shifts: Slower transition but safer release, ski like a regular binding, especially inbounds.

Tecton: Faster transition (you don't have to step out and less fiddling), ski better than any tech toe there is but it's still pins at the end of the day, even if they do have some lateral movement.

Because you say "lots of inbounds use" I'd probably go with Shifts, but Tectons are fine if you mostly just ski soft snow.

The AFD is just loose enough to slide when I manually push it and the binding released checked fine. Just threw me for a loop when I was looking at it. Taking them out for the first time tomorow...
    Thanks for the feed back!

Skied mine hard back to back weekends st Snowbird. No brake problems. No afd problems. Best thing I can say is I forgot I wasn’t on sth2’s.

Only minor gripe is don’t kick snow off of your boots by scraping across toe piece. Flips it into touring mode on the back swing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Skied mine hard back to back weekends st Snowbird. No brake problems. No afd problems. Best thing I can say is I forgot I wasn’t on sth2’s.

Only minor gripe is don’t kick snow off of your boots by scraping across toe piece. Flips it into touring mode on the back swing.
    The brake problem is only when skinning, so resort skiing is kind of irrelevant in that case. Just saying. But yes, they ski very nicely.

I think he meant breaks.

The binding rips so hard that he had no break problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Well I hate to kill the buzz but I'm taking mine for warranty today... Not sure when this happened and not sure if it's structural. I noticed a clicking from the heel which prompted an inspection and revealed this. Hopefully the warranty process is speedy as I'm leaving for Niseko in 2 weeks... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190109_124925.jpeg 
Views:	211 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	263579

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanwillie View Post
    Well I hate to kill the buzz but I'm taking mine for warranty today... Not sure when this happened and not sure if it's structural. I noticed a clicking from the heel which prompted an inspection and revealed this. Hopefully the warranty process is speedy as I'm leaving for Niseko in 2 weeks...
    A. Bummer.
    B. There is likely no way you're getting a warranty replacement for a sold out product in under two weeks. I'd make a backup plan.

I just sent an extra pair back to BC.com. Maybe buy another pair and deal with it after Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanwillie View Post
    Well I hate to kill the buzz but I'm taking mine for warranty today..

Kinda looks like edge impact damage, eh? That fin is there to help protect the heel tower from edges, good thing it is (or was) there.

I'm going to steal my girlfriends heel piece for Japan. You're right, no way I'll have them back in 2 weeks. My local shop sent them back to Salomon just now so we shall see. I have 25 days on them, almost all in the resort.

Yes the inside of my alpine binding heels look pretty fucked up after a season. I think when I do nose butter spins I slam my edge into the bindings. I prefer to spin right and the right inside heel looks way worse than the left. However, my STH's have the same damage patterns and have not failed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

^ The side of an STH heel housing is steel (the structural part) on an aluminum track. Different class binding.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    ^ The side of an STH heel housing is steel (the structural part) on an aluminum track. Different class binding.
    I understand that it is a different class binding constructed of materials with very different properties.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

I had a thought about the brake release thing. I haven't handled them, so I don't know how the locking mechanism works.

For those who have experienced this, have you bent the brakes to fit a wider/narrower ski?

... Thon
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I had a thought about the brake release thing. I haven't handled them, so I don't know how the locking mechanism works.

For those who have experienced this, have you bent the brakes to fit a wider/narrower ski?

... Thon
    Mine do that with no adjustments/bending. 110 brake on a 107 ski. Which I am finding no issues with btw
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

have about 15 days on them, both resort and inbounds. ski great downhill, can't tell I'm not on a regular downhill binding if I don't look down at the bindings. Steeps, bumps, drops, you name it, all good. Touring is another story. single climbing bar is annoying. Brakes deploy often while touring, which is more annoying. Also don't care for the weight on the uphill. Personally going to go away from 50/50 setups and get some MTN's or Zeds on dedicated backcountry skis and stick to Pivots on my inbounds skis.

FWIW, it seems to me that the brakes sticking together thing is intentional. drives me nuts, though.