Page 114 of 134 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3329
    Please send a second kick from me. Colorway makes me want to cram dicks in my own ears to make it stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s definitely overused, but the correct term if you are actually designing things. Maybe save your ball kicking for the pretentious ones.

looking to trade some 120mm shift brakes for a 100mm or 90mm set. hmu if anyone is holding!

What are used 13 din shifts in good condition selling for on gear swap?

Quote Originally Posted by thurmondmb View Post
    What are used 13 din shifts in good condition selling for on gear swap?
    you looking or selling?
    I'm considering going back to CAST.

I just did a search for “cram dicks in my ears” and this thread popped up. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Please send a second kick from me. Colorway makes me want to cram dicks in my own ears to make it stop.

Yeah, that’s my bad. But it did seem appropriate. NTTAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    you looking or selling?
    I'm considering going back to CAST.
    I’m looking for a lightly used or new set with 110 brakes

I got a 120 brake, lightly used.

Selling. 120mm , lightly used.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I’m looking for a lightly used or new set with 110 brakes
    I think I'll have a pair for you this afternoon. I'm probably going to pull the trigger on CAST, need to go have a ski and think. Will confirm around 5.

if anyone is selling lightly used 90mm width let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    I think I'll have a pair for you this afternoon. I'm probably going to pull the trigger on CAST, need to go have a ski and think. Will confirm around 5.
    Why CAST over Shift?

So I did go through with cast yesterday, if anyone is looking for either a 110mm setup with ~30 days on them (in very good shape) let me know. I also have a 120mm setup that I'm going to keep for right now, but if you want 120mm brakes I could pull those off and get you a 120mm setup.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Why CAST over Shift?
    Confidence. I've walked out of the shift a bunch of times when I absolutely should not have. A couple times were just mid cruiser pow turn and I didn't feel anything, I either heard it click off or went to make the next turn, whoops no ski. Given some of the stuff Cody and others have hucked in them, I am sure I just don't have them set up properly. Especially that video of someone dry docking a rock, I forget who, but I could not believe those skis stayed on.

I've put a decent chunk of time into trying to get them set up - talked to several shops (none of them actually know how to set this thing up), read this entire thread, and set them up exactly as Cody and others suggested. I am sick of fiddling and feeling less than 100% confident my skis are going to stay on my feet when I want them to. I do dumb stuff occasionally and I don't want to get hurt because I lose a ski when I shouldn't. I'd like to entirely blame myself if I get hurt, not a fiddly AFD / forward pressure design.

If they sort out the AFD / forward pressure issues I might be back. It's a cool concept and easily the best design for an "in bounds touring binding", but if Salomon shops can't figure out how to set them up right then there's something that needs to be addressed in my opinion.

I’ve had zero problems with Shift

my son too

set it up properly
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post

my son too

set it up properly
    I agree, I ski with friends who are also on the shift and have no issues. Clearly I am incompetent at setting them up AND finding shops that can set them up. Double whammy, oh well, someone else will get plenty of joy out of my binders.

Looking for a used 10 din shift if anyone is holding..

13 would be alright too if the price was right.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I just did a search for “cram dicks in my ears” and this thread popped up. Weird.
    What were you looking for, reviews of a Rossi CUT?

Wait, nevermind, I don't want to know.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

my son too

set it up properly

the shift is incredible gaper bait and they ain’t ready for it.

Anyone point to where in the thread where release in walk mode was discussed? One of my bindings won't stay in walk mode at all. It's 100% clicked and they just lowers down and releases. They are on there 4th use, and professionally installed by a reputable backcountry shop. They are completely unusable.

First tour on the Shift 13 and the toe lever would not stay locked. Constantly coming out of the ski in walk mode.

Contacted Armada and they had me file a warranty claim. At first they said it would take 2 to 4 weeks to resolve. I sent them link to this thread and pictures of modified DIN window. They responded immediately and overnighted the new windows.

Kinda cheesy fix for a $600 binding but it seems to solve the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by s_curran View Post
    Anyone point to where in the thread where release in walk mode was discussed? One of my bindings won't stay in walk mode at all. It's 100% clicked and they just lowers down and releases. They are on there 4th use, and professionally installed by a reputable backcountry shop. They are completely unusable.
    I've not heard of that issue (seen quite a few that weren't properly clicked in or were iced up) but just get a replacement brake from your supplying retailer. If they don't have any spares a decent shop will steal one from a stock binding and get a warranty brake to replace it. They'll probably want the problem one back.

If we are talking about the brake release in touring mode, it’s been discussed quite a bit in this very thread. It’s a problem I’ve experienced firsthand and a few friends have as well. I got the impression he was referring to the toe handle / lock keeping the pins in place, however.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

no he’s talking about the toe releasing I think - you gotta make sure you pull the lever all the way up - if you only go halfway it lets go
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

no he’s talking about the toe releasing I think - you gotta make sure you pull the lever all the way up - if you only go halfway it lets go
    It’s a known issue, some models are impacted, even if the lever is all the way up, Salomon released a fix, an updated « din window » with « pins » (sorry not sure of the appropriate English words).
    You have to ask your dealer for that part.

Name:  203041.png
Views: 948
Size:  263.5 KB

More info here, use google translate :
    https://www.skipass.com/forums/sport...et-144423.html
    Last edited by stuntmanbo; 01-17-2021 at 02:41 PM.