Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3332
    Quote Originally Posted by mr walker View Post
    I’ll concede that Shifts are a huge innovation for touring bindings and applaud whatever engineering went into these things to push things in the right direction, but holy shit man. Fuck this. I’m really considering going back to Dukes after today. I’ll take the weight penalty for a working binding. Maybe gen 2 will be better and maybe (likely) I’m just a bitch.

I hope other people have better luck.
    Agreed on everything except the bitch, cause then I'd be a bitch too. I sold mine and went cast, confidence is coming back after way too many releases on Shift. I'd recommend cast or Duke PT, touring on a frame binder sucks after experiencing tech toe (even if it's not the lightest).

Quote Originally Posted by DigSki View Post
    Agreed on everything except the bitch, cause then I'd be a bitch too. I sold mine and went cast, confidence is coming back after way too many releases on Shift. I'd recommend cast or Duke PT, touring on a frame binder sucks after experiencing tech toe (even if it's not the lightest).
    Maybe we both are, or maybe Salomon just released something that wasn’t ready for the wild. I hear ya. The biggest appeal to me for tech over frame is actually the pivot point rather than the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by mr walker View Post

Then both brakes dropped down. Since I had successfully rigged the levers with straps, I let them drag and just dealt with it. At least my skis were still on my feet.

I hope other people have better luck.
    Like I’ve been saying repeatedly in this thread…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

If anyone sees some of the modified din windows for sale or can get them, let me know. I'm in San Diego, so don't really have a local shop.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Like I’ve been saying repeatedly in this thread…
    I haven’t read the thread in its entirety and I must have missed something, sorry. If there’s a fix or something please let me know. That would be awesome.

Now if you’re referring to how people shouldn’t just deal with it by using ski straps and shit - and that Salomon should’ve never released this - I’m right there with you.

I’m usually one to dismiss these kinds of complaints and figure it’s just the “loud minority” that’s having the problems, but not this time. No fucking way.

I’ll step out a bit and say this: if you’re on the fence about buying Shifts, I would recommend against it. For me, based on my experience and observation, these issues are too prevalent and have the potential to be consequential enough that I would wait for an updated version or buy something else. I’m also just a random guy on TGR, which in all fairness, should be taken into consideration. Some people have had great success and I hope that continues for them. I thought I was in that crowd. That has changed.

Can someone please direct me to Cody’s mounting video? I tried a search and already spent a long time sifting through this thread and failed.

Hey everyone,

I bought a used pair of salomon shifts locally and then later noticed that all pieces are marked with an X. A friend suggested that this might mean that they are broken, but I can't find anything wrong with them. Does anyone know if there's any reason to think these are unsafe?

Name:  cZi8Wd6.png
Views: 1354
Size:  810.6 KB

Name:  Ml1Jwg2.png
Views: 1303
Size:  638.9 KB

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    rei marks their garage sale stuffs like that
    i cant say shifts are unsafe
    i seen enough broken ones
    and this threads testimony
    to not want them on my skis
    if ya mount em i haz the jig
    if ya bring em to the shop we haz a machine that tests binding functionality
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

I remember the fritschi free ride every time I see a post about the shift.

I’m only 46. But there is nothing about this binding that has ever made me think — “Oh, maybe this is the one.”

CAST, on the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    rei marks their garage sale stuffs like that
    OK, really good to know, thank you.

I'm actually just wanting to sell them to someone else in good conscience. I used to be a shifty - got them mounted at L9 MC actually - but quickly realized that for me, that was the wrong way to go. But for some people, it is the right binding.

Can I get the bindings tested without having them mounted?

I got some new Lange xt3 tour pro. Random heel releases while skiing straight. Not releasing when turning only straight lining without really pressuring the front of the boot and relatively smooth conditions Soles where free of snow and I’ve had 2 techs and myself set the bindings up. Felt the heel release like there was no forward pressure; just came out. Last time hurt! Increase heel din? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by CirqueScaler View Post
    OK, really good to know, thank you.

I'm actually just wanting to sell them to someone else in good conscience. I used to be a shifty - got them mounted at L9 MC actually - but quickly realized that for me, that was the wrong way to go. But for some people, it is the right binding.

Can I get the bindings tested without having them mounted?
    im sick today but ill git those mounted and tested by the weekend
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post
    I got some new Lange xt3 tour pro. Random heel releases while skiing straight. Not releasing when turning only straight lining without really pressuring the front of the boot and relatively smooth conditions Soles where free of snow and I’ve had 2 techs and myself set the bindings up. Felt the heel release like there was no forward pressure; just came out. Last time hurt! Increase heel din? Thanks.

Buy new bindings.

Buy new bindings.
    That’s what I’m thinking

Anyone know the BSL adjustment range of the Shifts? I looked in the Salomon tech manual but can't find it.

Thanks

Buy new bindings.
    Yep

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone know the BSL adjustment range of the Shifts? I looked in the Salomon tech manual but can't find it.

Thanks
    30mm total range. If boot is used to set the jig length and the FP set correctly then the heel can be lengthened 12mm or shortened 18mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    30mm total range. If boot is used to set the jig length and the FP set correctly then the heel can be lengthened 12mm or shortened 18mm.
    Thanks Jon. Buddy of mine who just bought Salmon MTN Tours off you is thinking about getting a Shift setup but wants to try skiing them on my skis first... so might be another order coming if you still have Shift stock haha.

Same boots, same incident. Can we get these warrantied on this? The bindings ~look~ flawless but just don't work.

Tbh setting the forward pressure "correct" is probably some of the problem. At least if you're talking according to Salomon specs; experienced my skis floating away from me while hopping through small moguls. Once I cranked the forward pressure tab further I stopped having the issue.

A few turns past the recommended tab and slightly into the housing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Tbh setting the forward pressure "correct" is probably some of the problem. At least if you're talking according to Salomon specs; experienced my skis floating away from me while hopping through small moguls. Once I cranked the forward pressure tab further I stopped having the issue.

A few turns past the recommended tab and slightly into the housing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I took them into another tech after speaking to the atomic rep. We thought that the heels may be outside of iso 5355 height tolerances and require some work. This wasn’t required.
    Looks like the issue is actually making sure that the toe is placed correctly; the afd was adjusted after the toe was forced as high as it could go which is imperative to set the forward pressure correctly. So far so good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6423.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	398030 this made for a surprise on a relatively low speed traverse.

Just stopped in to see what was happening, thread keeps delivering. I’ll take a marker any day over this garbage.

The wrong side of the Atlantic, the wrong side of the Channel...
    So it seems that the AFD migration and forward pressure issues can be solved by following LeeLau and SyderJon’s advice on set up. Curious to know if Salomon has updated their manual or if it hasn’t changed since the bindings were released. Unless the vast, vast majority aren’t having issues then it seems odd to me not to. I set up to manual spec and pre-released the first time I used them. I then set up as per SpyderJon and LeeLau’s advice and have had no issues since.

There is an updated version of the manual indeed. However, a couple of days ago I installed Shifts (black Atomic) for a friend of mine and they came with the original version.