Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Stack height?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Seriously impressive video and design. Perhaps a little early/premature, but I have a pair of skis on the way that would be ideal for this binding. Any way we could see a mounting template?

Quiver of one/travel/do it all ski. The mounting pattern will potentially affect what I decide to mount on that ski this season.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Put me down for 2 pairs right now. Seriously, this is the binding I have been envisioning for a decade now. I was just describing how a design like this will be the next leap forward in AT tech to a colleague a month or so ago, and he poo-pooed it as totally unnecessary and a solution in search of a problem.

Does clicking into touring mode require you to hold the lever down similar to the G3 Oynx?

It looks like bullet shaped noses like the new Dynafit Hoji boot will.not work in toepiece for downhill mode.

C can you confirm? Or maybe guess since there's only protos of that boot for now?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Does clicking into touring mode require you to hold the lever down similar to the G3 Oynx?
    Was wondering this as well - it sure looks like it from that video.

obviously this binding is made for an AT boot but can you use it say at the hill with a DIN sole?

which of course wouldn't go up but if you can use one ski/binding for BC or Alpine that would be cool
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    obviously this binding is made for an AT boot but can you use it say at the hill with a DIN sole?
    I thought that was the whole meaning of MNC - i.e. that it works with any norm certified boot. And Cody already confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post

Every adult norm boot will work. So any alpine boot, hybrid WTR/Grip Walk or norm certified rockered sole touring boot will work. Currently, the only boots that wouldn't are compact shell design boots and non-norm certified boots.

^^^yep, from what I'm gathering, any alpine boot should work fine in downhill mode. Also that quote answers LeeLau's question - any boot with a shortened sole or no toe welt will not work in this binding (Hoji, TLT7, TLT6, Backland, etc)

I can see this binding being the ultimate tool for any place that has extensive sidecountry skiing.

Can you ditch the brakes to save weight? If so how much weight does this save? Any plans to make a lighter more tour oriented version? Will this be your full time one and only binding?

T...Side note on that, the discovery and application of that carbon infused plastic was the kicker that ended up making this binding work....
    is that the same Forged Composite method that Lambo developed for their cars?

looks like a great binding. thanks for making it happen. It could replace 2 of my 3 bindings for sure, if it holds up. Ideal for my wife's skis too. looks like it could be a perfect W/B slackcountry setup, and good for sled-skiing. just gotta see how it holds.

yeah - seeing a mount pattern would be awesome too. or at least knowing if it conflicts with an existing kingpin pattern?

So is this basically replacing/improving the Guardians? is solly going to stop selling those?

Jongish question. I have the atomic backland carbon touring boot. Won’t work with kingpins, tectons without the heal adapter. How about these bindings?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Looks promising. My achy knees do not like tech bindings.

Going off previous thoughts.

There’s 30mm of adjustment in the heel. So I almost don’t even care about the heel mounting pattern. It seems only the toe matters.

Can we see a shot of the toe mounting pattern? Template with measurements would be ideal.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Current MSRP is $650. New mounting pattern.
    Damn. I was really hoping that the mounting pattern was the same as the 20 y/o Salomon frankenbindings mounted on my 205 Kastle straight skis. *Sigh* ...there go my dreams of a one-straight-ski quiver.

Will there be a red version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    any boot with a shortened sole or no toe welt will not work in this binding (Hoji, TLT7, TLT6, Backland, etc)
    I'm guessin we could add Scarpa F1's which do work with Kingpins but have a smaller than normal tow welt.

Appears there will be an Atomic version in white just in case the blue doesn't match your eyes
    https://www.atomic.com/en-us/shift-binding

Nice to see the industry moving forward.

A lot of moving parts.

nicee!
    does the toe piece allow upward movement like the driver toe or is it fixed like a warden ?
    (doesn´t look like it though)

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Impressive piece of engineering. Hope they have less issues than other new tech bindings. I don't trust new complicated things.
    Yeah neither do I, which is why we tested it for three years. But I always understand the hesitation with new products.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Jongish question. I have the atomic backland carbon touring boot. Won’t work with kingpins, tectons without the heal adapter. How about these bindings?

You'd have to check what ISO cert the backland is but I'm pretty sure it will work. Any boot other than compact shell design boots...i.e. Salomon X-ALP and a lot of Dynafit's new boots are CS boots and therefore won't work. Every other tech norm and alpine norm boots will work.

Wow....stoked. Perfect Japan solution ....shit perfect me solution....this and some twigs with tlt6s and I'm good. Curious about stack height and of course wonder about durability but I ski at 10 and 11 so.... Pretty much exactly what I wanted for Christmas....('cept meant this Christmas!) THANK YOU SALOMON! And while I'm at it thanks for the videos these last few years....good feckin stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by salx View Post
    nicee!
    does the toe piece allow upward movement like the driver toe or is it fixed like a warden ?
    (doesn´t look like it though)
    It allows for upward movement. It's incredibly comparable in lab tests to the STH2

So how does one go about getting them early!!!!!

I’ve got a Japan trip planned and both GPO’s and Supergoats waiting to be mounted.

Beta tester?

I rip the groomed on tele gear