Page 98 of 134 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3328
    I shimmed mine 1/4" but I'm fussier about ramp than most people I think. Like 'em better like that.

The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

Had my first release today. Creamed a rock buried under pow. Bindings released exactly how I’d expect any other Salomon to release

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hi Guys,

First-time poster.

I've managed to kill a pair of skis which have KingPins on (trying to impress a girl, as ever).

I can't decide whether or not to mount the Kingpins on the new skis or buy some Shifts. Part of me thinks I should wait until Shift 2.0 is released and deal with the Kingpin foibles until then.

I'm a seasonaire so don't have a spare 500CHF (Swiss Francs) lying around but I could maybe scratch it together.

What would you say?

Cheers
    David

(how do I get a proper forum name too? )

My afd keeps moving down after stomping a landing and my boot gets loose?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Had my first release today. Creamed a rock buried under pow. Bindings released exactly how I’d expect any other Salomon to release
    Same. Last weekend at Squaw: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7PQ5xcF1jj/

Skiing hesitantly because of the low tide conditions on the lower mountain, but alas...
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 01-20-2020 at 07:47 AM.

I adjusted my boot pressure and AFD height but now my boot has little play when the skis are on the ground and I'm pushing my heels into the binding.

Is this normal behaviour? I think it releases properly.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    So, a 3 pound 22 Outlaw, or a Shift? Suddenly, the Shift looks simple, burly and efficient.

... Thom
    Not sure why one would want to make a tele turn using a shift binding

Tahoej, do you usually bruise from torque/boot pressure when you have a binding release? Did it mess up the canting of your boot cuff?

I’ve had a very high speed tomahawk fall (ask jmetzler, he witnessed) moons ago where the torque on my leg fully decanted the boot and the binding broke. I ended up with a pretty mean bruise on my leg at top of boot. Twas a nonreleasable tele binding, but the failure of the boot and binding saved my leg.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 01-19-2020 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Not sure why one would want to make a tele turn using a shift binding

Tahoej, do you usually bruise from torque/boot pressure when you have a binding release? Did it mess up the canting of your boot cuff?

I’ve had a very high speed tomahawk fall (ask jmetzler, he witnessed) moons ago where the torque on my leg fully decanted the boot and the binding broke. I ended up with a pretty mean bruise on my leg at top of boot. Twas a nonreleasable tele binding, but the failure of the boot and binding saved my leg.
    Edited my post, realizing that the bruise was a bit higher and not from the boot but from the tumbling over rocks part.

I'm on my 3rd day on the shifts. I'm 6'3, 205 lbs. Every time the skis have a deep flex, like doing a big turn on high angle off-piste or landing a jump in powder, the binding makes a slight "pop". I set up the bindings myself which I thought was relatively straight-forward besides the ramp angle was a little fiddly. Anyone else having this going on? Any suggestions on a remedy? Or is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I'm on my 3rd day on the shifts. I'm 6'3, 205 lbs. Every time the skis have a deep flex, like doing a big turn on high angle off-piste or landing a jump in powder, the binding makes a slight "pop". I set up the bindings myself which I thought was relatively straight-forward besides the ramp angle was a little fiddly. Anyone else having this going on? Any suggestions on a remedy? Or is this normal?
    Find the adjustment recommendations in this thread or Lee's. Once they're set they should stay.

I’ve got many days of both inbounds and touring on my Shifts. They’ve been flawless. AMA.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Edited my post, realizing that the bruise was a bit higher and not from the boot but from the tumbling over rocks part.
    Heal up!!

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Heal up!!
    I skied the next few days... nothing some ice and a few aleve couldn't handle.

Trying to get my scarpa f80 to fit the shift but it wasn't working and then I googled it and it is not compatible? Any update on that? Same boot as f1 but RED

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Trying to get my scarpa f80 to fit the shift but it wasn't working and then I googled it and it is not compatible? Any update on that? Same boot as f1 but RED

That is the type of boot that the shift was not designed for. It was really designed for something like the Hawx XTD, Tecnica Zero G, or something with an AFD like an alpine boot with Gripwalk or WTR soles. The biggest problem you face is the fact the toe welt probably isnt big enough to use the binding in the downhill mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ddraver View Post
    Hi Guys,

First-time poster.

I've managed to kill a pair of skis which have KingPins on (trying to impress a girl, as ever).

I can't decide whether or not to mount the Kingpins on the new skis or buy some Shifts. Part of me thinks I should wait until Shift 2.0 is released and deal with the Kingpin foibles until then.

I'm a seasonaire so don't have a spare 500CHF (Swiss Francs) lying around but I could maybe scratch it together.

What would you say?

Cheers
    David

(how do I get a proper forum name too? )
    No changes to Shift for 2020/21 model other than adding a 10 din version. Maybe see if you can find a deal on this seasons Shifts and sell the Kingpins? I do think they ski better at a marginal weight increase.

No matter how I set up my toe height it’s falling down over a couple days skiing. It’s doing my head in. Any tips to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by ddraver View Post
    ......I'm a seasonaire so don't have a spare 500CHF (Swiss Francs) lying around.......
    I can help you with that. You don't yet have a PM facililty on the forum but if you email (jon @ thepisteoffice.com) I'll get back to you.

And the brakes have developed a habit of not deploying when I exit the binding

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    That is the type of boot that the shift was not designed for. It was really designed for something like the Hawx XTD, Tecnica Zero G, or something with an AFD like an alpine boot with Gripwalk or WTR soles. The biggest problem you face is the fact the toe welt probably isnt big enough to use the binding in the downhill mode.
    This. The F1 toe welt is meant for crampons. Too small for alpine-like bindings. The heel welt is big enough for Tectons and Kingpins, however.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    No matter how I set up my toe height it’s falling down over a couple days skiing. It’s doing my head in. Any tips to fix?

Free your heel and your mind will follow.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Mine did this. I raised the AFD until it touched the toe and left it there. Been good since.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post

You followed the advice of raising the afd slightly higher than recommended, insert boot then press down on the toe to drop the afd and engage it onto the lower increment?

Dumb question, how do you notice the AFD has slipped down? Easy pre-release at toe, or just checking at end of day?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Dumb question, how do you notice the AFD has slipped down? Easy pre-release at toe, or just checking at end of day?
    You can actually feel/hear a clicking sensation of the toe moving up and down.