Page 24 of 134 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    What happened to JONG SLAUGHTER?

SEARCH JONG

It's in this thread multiple times. Google knows. Salomon's website states it. FUCKING SEARCH
    Name:  3c09d14adcdd6626599b630020298af374a0fd836295a829a62c17c45770fd64.jpg
Views: 2546
Size:  54.5 KB

SEARCH JONG

It's in this thread multiple times. Google knows. Salomon's website states it. FUCKING SEARCH
    Googling doesn’t get that post count up! All about that TGR cred bro.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

SEARCH JONG

so sorry , have read all this thread and couldn't find it , finally found it on salomon website , states 30mm adj , so all good , thanks for your kind words

30 mm adjustment is nuts. Could you link ?

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post

Its the 2nd post in this thread right from the Salomon Microsite

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post

It's not nuts. Dynafiddles have had ~25mm of range for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by scblurlt View Post
    1 post per year, for 7 years.

Sweet restraint.
    I await next years post. Make it a good one
    . . .

Tim Durtschi hit Chads on the shift binding...

Any idea of overlap in mounting between these and the guardians , really want to mount some guardians on a pair of kartel 108s I'm about to get and switch to the shift next fall....could put some sth's on there as well or barons even . It will kill me staring at my custom kartels unmounted the rest of the season
    the dude abides

Quote Originally Posted by frankthegonzo View Post
    Any idea of overlap in mounting between these and the guardians , really want to mount some guardians on a pair of kartel 108s I'm about to get and switch to the shift next fall....could put some sth's on there as well or barons even . It will kill me staring at my custom kartels unmounted the rest of the season
    I asked the same question a page ago. Sounds like no, but I went ahead and mounted mine on some Wren 108's and will switch next season.

Took some digging but finally found the mount pattern on page 17, I think some guardians will work with the travel on the shifts and the slight difference ! Fingers crossed!!
    the dude abides

Late to the party here, but I have a pair of skis that should be mounted up and I was originally thinking about another pair of Tectons. But since I like to try new gear and I don't need these skis before next season, I am now thinking about the shift binders.

One question:
    Will the shift allow me to skis in downhill mode with my Dynafit Beast boots? As I understood it, they will. Just want to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Late to the party here, but I have a pair of skis that should be mounted up and I was originally thinking about another pair of Tectons. But since I like to try new gear and I don't need these skis before next season, I am now thinking about the shift binders.

One question:
    Will the shift allow me to skis in downhill mode with my Dynafit Beast boots? As I understood it, they will. Just want to make sure.
    All adult norm boots work with the SHIFT save Shark Nose/Speed Nose boots...i.e. touring boots with no toe/heel welts.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffers View Post
    Not sure if anyone has posted details of the hole pattern yet, but just found this French site which gives an idea of the layout (in cm.) http://www.skipass.com/forums/sports...0.html#3361404

alk
    If replacing pivots, might need a -1cm mount
    Jester or griffon -0.5cm
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    . . .

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    All adult norm boots work with the SHIFT save Shark Nose/Speed Nose boots...i.e. touring boots with no toe/heel welts.

Ok, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    No problem - if i remember I'll take pics of the Atomic SHIFTS 110mm brake on the 107 Atomic Backland
    plz, post the pics)

Same question regarding my atomic backland carbons....seems in the middle ground

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Same question regarding my atomic backland carbons....seems in the middle ground
    Vulcan? No. Backland? No. Any compact shell boot or boot with masterstep/quickstep inserts? No

simpler:
    Shift is certified with
    ISO 5355 (alpine)
    ISO 9523 (Touring/WTR/Gripwalk)
    look for the stamp in the sole

got brake shots of a 100 on a 106 and a 110 on a 118. just figuring out how to load...
    bumps are for poor people

110mm brakes 106 Backland. Didn't take pic of brakes in ski mode but there's lots of space.

You guys need so much handholding and really need to read more instead of asking the same question over and over but then this is TGR i suppose

Remember when we just bent 80mm brakes to fit our skis and didn’t huff and fuss over what size to get with excessive hand wringing?

If ya can’t make a 100mm brake fit over a 110mm ski you these bindings probably aren’t for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    110mm brakes 106 Backland. Didn't take pic of brakes in ski mode but there's lots of space.

You guys need so much handholding and really need to read more instead of asking the same question over and over but then this is TGR i suppose
    Shitty angle

Quote Originally Posted by m33922 View Post
    Shitty angle
    You. Are a man who I insist should pay full retail!

Haa well played lads. M series got game

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    ... or boot with masterstep/quickstep inserts? No
    not that it affects me, but what is the compability issue with said inserts? It would affect the beast boot owner above though, so i guess i am asking on his/her behalf

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.bentgate.com/blog/shift-binding-review/
    Boot compatibility is a bit of a question. Salomon calls the S/Lab Shift compatible with all adult boot norms in its press release, but boots with Masterstep or Dynafit Certified inserts may not be indemnified by Salomon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Shaheen answering questions in his Blister review
    The small metal piece in the Quick Step insert does interact with the toe roller, though just barely. I would estimate that there is less than 0.5 mm overlap in the vertical direction between the roller and the ridge in the insert. This overlap also occurs in the chamfer of the roller. I’m not convinced that there would be any real interaction between the Quick Step ridge and the roller in an actual release. In any case, there is no play in the toe as the rollers don’t rest on that ridge when you’re stepped in. In a release though, the binding will have to clear the ridge (if your boot releases left, the right ridge will have to clear and vice versa). Salomon claims the binding is certified for use with boots using Quick Step inserts.