Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Lastly, yeah, was interesting to test the STH2 with and without sliding AFD's and touring boot soles. I honestly didn't think I'd find that much of a difference but it was quite drastic. It's truly incredibly how elasticity in a binding not only increases safety, it skis far better.
    So, we will see an STH2 MNC then.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    So, we will see an STH2 MNC then.
    Hopefully, we be pushing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Off-topic:
    Love the tweeting/campaigning you're doing with Jessica Morse. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks man. Yeah, figure the best place to start making a real impact is locally and having someone who is keen to sell off public lands, denies climate change and wants to make rural healthcare more difficult and more expensive isn't the best representative for the Sierra.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    When these become available. Can we buy a 3 pack at a discounted price?
    Hah, my thoughts exactly. I think this will allow a needed consolidation of skis. At least that is what I'm telling myself to justify the spend. TGR group buy of about 500 pair sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Hah, my thoughts exactly. I think this will allow a needed consolidation of skis. At least that is what I'm telling myself to justify the spend. TGR group buy of about 500 pair sounds about right.
    Group buy! I like where this is going

Ya I think I could trim a couple pairs out of the quiver with a few pairs of these clamps

Group buy! I like where this is going

Ya I think I could trim a couple pairs out of the quiver with a few pairs of these clamps
    I vote we keep this going

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Any word on the mount pattern yet ?
    I may get new skis I'd like to use this season and switch to shift in one year.

Is the mount pattern going to share some holes with the sth2 or none ?

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    Any word on the mount pattern yet ?
    I may get new skis I'd like to use this season and switch to shift in one year.

Is the mount pattern going to share some holes with the sth2 or none ?
    New.
    read
    the
    thread
    Jong

Any chance of using NTN Tele boots in these - ie would the AFD plate work as the "puck" to stop the bellow sole-flex in AT downhill mode.

This could therefore provide a 1-boot; 1-ski (QK'ed for tele + alpine) quiver allowing for both AT/touring and Tele, since I need to limit my kit for flight baggage weight restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by mf30e0 View Post
    Any chance of using NTN Tele boots in these - ie would the AFD plate work as the "puck" to stop the bellow sole-flex in AT downhill mode.

This could therefore provide a 1-boot; 1-ski (QK'ed for tele + alpine) quiver allowing for both AT/touring and Tele, since I need to limit my kit for flight baggage weight restrictions.

mf30e0

looks like you're not a gaper, but, for the moment, you're an M series JONG
    that's my turf

change your name

best regards,
    M series JONG
    PM me your favorite stashes, I'll send you a pic of skidog's tits

Quote Originally Posted by M series JONG View Post
    looks like you're not a gaper
    Well, there is the part about telemarking.

Dammit! I was adament that i was not going to buy these due to thinking that a Tecton+200gr heavier ski was the better choice. Alas, after obsessiong on my quiver for a few weeks, adding these on my daily drivers as well as optimizing my touring skis exclusively based on their soft snow performance all of a sudden made the entire quiver conundrum be one no more. So as soon as these are made available, i will now get a two pairs. Happy days - great product

Quote Originally Posted by Shift-microsite View Post
    ADJUSTMENT RANGE: 30mm
    Just so that i in my dimwittedness perfectly understand the above figure - the adjustment range is fore/aft binding movement - aka to cater to diffent boot sole lengths after the binding has been mounted right?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Just so that i in my dimwittedness perfectly understand the above figure - the adjustment range is fore/aft binding movement - aka to cater to diffent boot sole lengths after the binding has been mounted right?
    That's correct

thanks - and thanks for posting the info in the first place!

Wondering if after this gets released to the hoards of hacks (ie:me)and any issue appears , they’ll reinforce/redesign the issue and maybe make a light 10 din version and/or burly 16din version from what they learn. Makes sense to start with the happy medium 13 din binding in this app. If they want some ultra quick beta testing, I vote they give judo chop a couple sets and start taking notes

Wondering if after this gets released to the hoards of hacks (ie:me)and any issue appears , they’ll reinforce/redesign the issue and maybe make a light 10 din version and/or burly 16din version from what they learn. Makes sense to start with the happy medium 13 din binding in this app. If they want some ultra quick beta testing, I vote they give judo chop a couple sets and start taking notes
    I'm not the heaviest guy at 180 but have been bangin Utah hardpack all season on these with race boots and have had no issues. Don't see a need for burlier. Set at 13.

The fact that they weigh as much as a 7 din junior binding and are unphased highT higBoy hot laps still blows my mind.

I got a pair because I am employed by the company.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    I'm not the heaviest guy at 180 but have been bangin Utah hardpack all season on these with race boots and have had no issues. Don't see a need for burlier. Set at 13.

The fact that they weigh as much as a 7 din junior binding and are unphased highT higBoy hot laps still blows my mind.

Right on! Sounds very promising. I wouldn’t need any more than those either but my vision is much different than the youngins especially the big kids

What size feet?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    What size feet?

Feet or boots?

US 12 / 27.5 / 314bsl

I’m done w/ foaming 28.5s.

Feet or boots?

US 12 / 27.5 / 314bsl

wtf putting a sz 12 foot into a 27.5 boot

But I don't see a reason to make a lighter or heavier DIN version of this. Lighter...well you might as well ski Vipecs or Ions. Heavier...might as well CAST or Beast.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

If they want some ultra quick beta testing, I vote they give judo chop a couple sets and start taking notes
    Great idea! Hah!
    I can break ‘em.

The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    wtf putting a sz 12 foot into a 27.5 boot

But I don't see a reason to make a lighter or heavier DIN version of this. Lighter...well you might as well ski Vipecs or Ions. Heavier...might as well CAST or Beast.
    It should be more damp than vipers/ions and most likely more damp than kp/Tecton as well. Heavier version would have less fiddle factor than CAST. Numerous reasons why it’s improvement over beast. That’s if it’s durable and without issues

Feet or boots?

US 12 / 27.5 / 314bsl

How much fore/ aft adjustment do the shifts have, and are you willing to share? If Jamey didn't move to VT I bet he would've shared

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    How much fore/ aft adjustment do the shifts have, and are you willing to share? If Jamey didn't move to VT I bet he would've shared

30mm in the heel. toe is immobile, except for the ... shifting.

30mm in the heel. toe is immobile, except for the ... shifting.

Please keep posting your experiences both good and bad. We appreciate your input.
    watch out for snakes