Page 106 of 134 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3332
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman922 View Post
    i have not, what type of grease or lube would you reccemmend?
    I actually had this same spring stay partially depressed on my tour today, and it made the brake arms loose and rattle a bit. I’ll give it a shot of bike grease that I have here and report back. Unless someone knows if there’s a specific grease to use on bindings?

All the binding brands use a PG75 grease which is designed for lubricating metal to plastic and plastic to plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    All the binding brands use a PG75 grease which is designed for lubricating metal to plastic and plastic to plastic.
    I got this from Amazon, Permatex 80070 Silicone Spray Lubricant, 10.25 oz. net Aerosol Can, as a couple people mentioned silicone lubricants were best for bindings

I have used this for some time and it seems to do the trick for what I've tried it on.
    Name:  Liqui moly .jpg
Views: 2893
Size:  23.4 KB

Liqui Moly Silicone grease

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I got some video of mine that I used to submit with the warranty return request. Not sure what to do about a replacement, assuming I get a refund.
    Thanks for posting these videos. Saves me doing it. Same thing happening on one of my bindings. Used 4 times, only happens on one binding and regardless of which boot is used in it. A ski strap wrapped around the lever and the toe wings will make it useable. I'll contact salomon when I finish skiing them for the season. LMK the result of your claim.

Cheers.
    Joel

G3 binding grease is good, it's probably just PG75.

Update on brakes: brought my skis inside and whatever ice or grit was partially compressing the brake spring vanished overnight so now it’s a non issue. I have some of that spray silicone grease so I might hit it with that (as well as the brake retainer indents, which were icing up a bunch recently with pow touring).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If you are still looking for Shift crampons
    https://shop.fireonthemountain-burni...-ski-crampons/

Quote Originally Posted by xconverge View Post
    Does anyone have a crampon for the shift? They don't seem to be on shelves anywhere. I might just wait until next season to see if I can find a set. I will stick to boot crampons this spring when needed I suppose

I found some and should have them in the mail currently! Thanks though!

Can anyone in Missoula mount a pair of these? I have a friend who is getting into BC, he's a senior in HS and could use some help since everything is closed down. His dad has all the tools necessary but they both lack the confidence and jig to DIY. He could also use a dose of the BC reality, I know he has a couple of other dads in their circle that are experienced in the BC but not sure what levels. Overall he's a great intelligent kid who can actually hold adult conversations, I just want to see him steered properly.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

If for some reason they make it to Bozeman shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to help.

I just texted that he may have to drive. Thank You.

Prerelease still a big issue with these? Trying to decide between Tectons and Shifts for a short BC tours, some resort skinning and skiing, and a Japan trip, setup. On the bigger side of the weight scale and probably using either Dalbello Lupo AXs or Fischer Ranger One with WTR soles. Would like to keep fiddle factor low.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Prerelease still a big issue with these? Trying to decide between Tectons and Shifts for a short BC tours, some resort skinning and skiing, and a Japan trip, setup. On the bigger side of the weight scale and probably using either Dalbello Lupo AXs or Fischer Ranger One with WTR soles. Would like to keep fiddle factor low.
    Why not a simpler binding, like mtn?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I haven't found a better answer than the one the Newschoolers review gave which is

51% Touring - Tecton
    51% Resort - Shift

Neither is perfect yet, Roll on Shift 2.0 etc...

What makes you think there'll be a Shift 2.0? The launch version will be going in to it's third season later this year completely unchanged and a 4-10 version will join it which is identical in every respect apart from the din range. And for a large majority of users the new Duke PT offers no additional benefit at all so the Shift will not have a true competitor for at least another season.

The Shift has to have been the most successful binding launch for the last couple of decades.

well...cos capatalism,

basically...

Quote Originally Posted by ddraver View Post
    I haven't found a better answer than the one the Newschoolers review gave which is

51% Touring - Tecton
    51% Resort - Shift
    I think this is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Pre release seems like such a personal issue. Got shifts this year for a 50/5 setup and skied them hard inbounds many days with no issues. I’m 215 lbs and 6’2” so I’m not a small person.

Had a couple of moments where I hit some chop at full speed and was nervous, but they held up fine.

Armada Shifts, Bentchetler 100s and S Lab MTN boots with WTR soles fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Pre release seems like such a personal issue. Got shifts this year for a 50/5 setup and skied them hard inbounds many days with no issues. I’m 215 lbs and 6’2” so I’m not a small person.

Had a couple of moments where I hit some chop at full speed and was nervous, but they held up fine.

Armada Shifts, Bentchetler 100s and S Lab MTN boots with WTR soles fwiw.
    This is a good data point! Thanks!

And yeah, the 51% Resort - Shift and 51% - Tecton is a great way to summarize Lee Lau's article. Think I have my direction.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    What makes you think there'll be a Shift 2.0? The launch version will be going in to it's third season later this year completely unchanged and a 4-10 version will join it which is identical in every respect apart from the din range. And for a large majority of users the new Duke PT offers no additional benefit at all so the Shift will not have a true competitor for at least another season.

The Shift has to have been the most successful binding launch for the last couple of decades.
    thats a good insider perspective cuz someone reading this thread could easily think its a meh kind of product

ease of setup does seem to be an issue
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

Hey,

I'm wondering just how low prices on gear may go this summer if Co-Vid doesn't let up?

Regardless of that....I bought a pair of new Shifts today from a local ski shop (North Shore Ski and Board), for $489CDN.....so approx. $350US. Their store is closed but they're selling online and I'll grab them in fall. I know they're a bit cheaper at Corbetts online ($419CDN = $300US) but it's good to support local businesses too as they really appreciate any sales right now. And $350US for Shifts is not bad.

This is my second pair of Shifts (pair #1 is on some Rustler 11s), I'm not a big dude (5'7", 165lbs) and like the Shifts for sidecountry and inbound days on soft snow. No issues, with my alpine Dalbello Kyrptons or my Dalbello Lupo Pros with pins. New Shifts are earmarked for some 4FRNT Ravens in fall.

Thoughts on if we will see Xmas-like sale prices in August if companies are in trouble and North American economies are super f'ed?

K
    Last edited by kc_7777; 04-11-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Hey,

I'm wondering just how low prices on gear may go this summer if Co-Vid doesn't let up?

Regardless of that....I bought a pair of new Shifts today from a local ski shop (North Shore Ski and Board), for $489CDN.....so approx. $350US. Their store is closed but they're selling online and I'll grab them in fall. I know they're a bit cheaper at Corbetts online ($419CDN = $300US) but it's good to support local businesses too as they really appreciate any sales right now. And $350US for Shifts is not bad.

This is my second pair of Shifts (pair #1 is on some Rustler 11s), I'm not a big dude (5'7", 165lbs) and like the Shifts for sidecountry and inbound days on soft snow. No issues, with my alpine Dalbello Kyrptons or my Dalbello Lupo Pros with pins. New Shifts are earmarked for some 4FRNT Ravens in fall.

Thoughts on if we will see Xmas-like sale prices in August if companies are in trouble and North American economies are super f'ed?

K
    My guess is that it probably won't go cheaper than it is right now as I think most shops are doing 40% to 50% off, which is an amazing deal and probably just breaking even for the shops. The only thing that may change is that they may start discounting any 2020-2021 products they have on hand.

I'm happy with the prices right now. I think there are some amazing deals to be had and if it's a bit more to buy local then I'm opting for that, provided that they have what I'm looking for on hand.

17 yrs old... his dad does own a nice woodshop and is a skilled craftsman, but I encouraged the kid to try it himself on his own with a scrap board, he listened to me, watched some youtube, found a paper template and is getting after it. Soon to be mounted to a pair of Atomic Vantages.

Cross posting a question from the "Get down with Down" thread:

My plans for a pair of Down CD104 are to set them up for a multi role capacity as a Swiss Army knife type travel/adventure/alpine/tour skis primarily for resorts and short hops skinning or hiking. Current plan is to install inserts for both Wardens and tech and will be driven by mildly beefed up Cosmos 3 boots. I have skied these boots in Wardens on alpine skis and I really like how they sit in those binders ramp-wise. Plus, should I want to use the RX's in them, I do not have to alter the delta. Win win.

On paper, Shifts would be ideal for this role, and I've been contemplating Shifts for a setup like this for a long time, but what's holding me back is the delta increase with iso 9523 soles in alpine mode in those, as to my understanding, the afd has to be lowered quite a bit to accomondate those soles. Anybody delta sensitive out there who has used iso 9523 in shifts that care to comment?

I could of course shim the toes, but then ramp/delta would be off should I opt for skiing them in alpine boots... WWMD?