Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3328
    Yeah, I waited until post #2500 to add my 2cents. guys guess, everything i wanted to say was mentioned before. So i have nothing to say except i read a lot of angry consumers are left behind with a product that is not working as it should.

that is strange. was amer under pressure with the "release" of this bindings. was marker with a "king"pin to far ahead?

was that "pin"ding to far in development

or did cast take to much market?

i don´t get why they wouldnt have waited anther two years to solve all the issues

markers is there main counterpart on the marked and there new release is head shaking same as the king-pin

like the shift skies fine until i get in a compression even in low speed
    the toe is fantastic except it releases in uphill when i am in the worst spot kicking steps in some ice and then i am on one ski and have to downclimb to get the one from 7m below
    it is great when i have to bend the breaks in between kickturns because releases of them make me angry, so i rather have them not deploy at all (could finaly cut them off) and i am to lazy to get the stopper-rubbers out of the backpack.

but everybody who ones these things - know about this ....... so i am another idiot who bought this finding out what everybody found out. but it is a great binding for skiing with your friends on the piste and then go for a tour later

i like the smooth ride from the toe.
    i like the alpine style step in.
    i like the faceshot while transitioning ( : how many times have i thought "fucking" turn the ski around : )
    i don´t need any risers thats ok for me (i would like 0degrees more)

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    like the shift skies fine until i get in a compression even in low speed
    I was getting these from time to time. Cranked the heel a little bit and these seem to be (almost) gone.
    Definitely would prefer a little bit more elasticity or maybe a stiffer spring with less preload.

the toe is fantastic except it releases in uphill when i am in the worst spot kicking steps in some ice and then i am on one ski and have to downclimb to get the one from 7m below
    I guess that it depends on the boot. Tried to replicate with Atomic XTD 130 and the boot simply cannot push the lever by itself(low quality picture attached).
    I was getting unwanted releases on kick-turns in the beginning. Then I noticed that I skin in the first lock position and it turned out the second one required a little bit of force to get into - an amount of force that I was uncomfortable with before reading some comments.

it is great when i have to bend the breaks in between kick-turns because releases of them make me angry, so i rather have them not deploy at all (could finally cut them off) and i am to lazy to get the stopper-rubbers out of the backpack.
    The brakes deploy from time to time. A have several sets - 90, 100, 110 and 120mm. The 100s are excellent - never had unwanted releases with them. The 110mm are mostly OK - some wanted releases. The 120s are garbage - a lot of releases and on top of that if I push them harder to lock (because there is some snow in them already) they disengage from the heel and fall off. So, I guess they are a hit or a miss and definitely need improvement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200218_094808.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	941.7 KB 
ID:	316285  

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I own wren 108’s and touring on them sounds heavy AF!
    Didn't you have Guardians on some heavyass ON3Ps awhile back? And then hocked them for something lighter after like two touring days on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Didn't you have Guardians on some heavyass ON3Ps awhile back? And then hocked them for something lighter after like two touring days on them?
    Yeah, yeah yeah, you were there. Unfortunately it was more than 2 days, though. And even that was still a lighter setup than touring on Wren 108's. My point exactly.

(in my defense the tectons, kingpins, etc. did not yet exist at that time and I didn't want to ski the resort on tech bindings)

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, yeah yeah, you were there. Unfortunately it was more than 2 days, though. And even that was still a lighter setup than touring on Wren 108's. My point exactly.

(in my defense the tectons, kingpins, etc. did not yet exist at that time and I didn't want to ski the resort on tech bindings)
    I have had a blast with my barons/wrens, but shifts + visions is going to make me feel like a king on the way up

Any idea how much force the toe lug takes during use? Everything is mounted up perfectly, however I feel like one of the toe lugs was just about to spin... it was fine enough to not worry about it but it wont be possible to check after a day of skiing easily since it is under the toe

Anybody using Scarpa F1's with the Shift binding? I was told they are not comparable due to small toe block, but never actually tried them.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I'd say not compatible for skiing, only walking, only compatible with tech bindings per skimo dot co

https://skimo.co/scarpa-f1
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Anybody using Scarpa F1's with the Shift binding? I was told they are not comparable due to small toe block, but never actually tried them.
    The main issue I had when I tried this with a pair of 2018 F1 Ws was that the front part of the sole built too much to get the boots in there - even when the AFD thingy was all the way down. Sure, one could trim the soles down a bit - but for me that was not something I bothered to do (the ski was too much ski for the person (my mom) using the F1s regardless).

Also, F1 + Shift is a bit of an odd combo imho. I can see it happening in cases where one has one dedicated touring boot and one dedicated alpine boot w/o walk mode. But if not, then there are other combos that matches slightly better.

My brakes seem to be getting stuck more often

have you tried trimming the inside bits on the plastic parts on the brake arms (especially the top knob that makes the brakes latch on to each other / catch when the pairs is put base to base and you want to seperate them again) on the brake arms?

Mine occasionally does the same if the skis have a ton of moist/dense snow on top - but pretty rarely is it an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by xconverge View Post
    Any idea how much force the toe lug takes during use? Everything is mounted up perfectly, however I feel like one of the toe lugs was just about to spin... it was fine enough to not worry about it but it wont be possible to check after a day of skiing easily since it is under the toe
    You mean the tech fittings? The fitting is a solid piece of steel that runs all the way under the toe; it won't "spin."

isn't he referring to the most forward mounting screw of the toe?

and it probably sees a fair bit of stress xconverge, but it will probably be quite apparent (play) if it starts to make its way out. Not to be confused with AFD play though

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    You mean the tech fittings? The fitting is a solid piece of steel that runs all the way under the toe; it won't "spin."
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    isn't he referring to the most forward mounting screw of the toe?

and it probably sees a fair bit of stress xconverge, but it will probably be quite apparent (play) if it starts to make its way out. Not to be confused with AFD play though
    Yep kid-kapow got what I meant, all other screws were solid so I figured I will ski them, and then if they ever feel funky, do a nylon insert in that hole. I am really worried anymore though, just the "new skis"/"not 100% perfect mount" jitters that night. This setup feels like half the weight of my wrens/barons, hope I like light skis inbounds!

The brakes probably got a little bent and just need to get straightened out. This started happening to mine after a crash.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8521.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	235.1 KB 
ID:	317212

This is a new one, don’t think I’ve seen this one yet. Is the lever “carbon infused”? No big gnarly fall for this one failure, and I always have the lever clamped down at the bottom when in ski mode. Still seems to work fine though

If you charge and aren’t running Salomon or atomic boots expect random blow outs with the toe pieces. Have had ski blow off multiple times on top of lines and roll to bottom because brake didn’t deploy! I guess I got “shifted”.

The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell69 View Post
    If you charge and aren’t running Salomon or atomic boots expect random blow outs with the toe pieces. Have had ski blow off multiple times on top of lines and roll to bottom because brake didn’t deploy! I guess I got “shifted”.
    Woah, Jong’s got a YUGE dick!!

Guess I have to sell mine despite 2 years of daily driving in boots that were neither Atomic or Salomon.

Maybe I don’t charge!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell69 View Post
    The brakes suck, I’ll give you that. The random blowouts is not based on manufacturer. You can have this issue regardless of whether you’re using in-brand equipment. For most people it’s a solvable problem.
    Last edited by lucknau; 03-02-2020 at 09:50 PM.

First 2 days on the shifts/visions/hawx combo were amazing. I am stokeeeed, can't wait to go uphill

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    The brakes suck, I’ll give you that. The random blowouts is not based on manufacturer. You can have this issue regardless of whether you’re using in-brand equipment. For most people it’s a solvable problem.
    Solvable, like in selling the bindings?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Solvable, like in selling the bindings?
    Hah. Sure. There’s more than one way to do it, and that’s one.

Another is to futz with the AFD height until you can get it set above an index point where it won’t back off on its own. I think it’s pretty janky to have to do that, but it is what it is. I can imagine a scenario where a boot spec makes this difficult or impossible, but I’ve yet to glean a pattern here.

Friend who mounts shifts nearly every day did mine and set my afd to touch the bottom of the boot and it hasn't moved since day 1. (100k+ vertical ft downhill, 50/50 resort touring)

Put it to the bottom of the boot sole, it's a stepper so it'll either stay there or drop to the "recommended" height but not lower.

Only release issue I've had is the heels need to be a higher value than the toes, but the bindings are releasing as needed now. If you want higher than 13 release gotta go get the cast.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IanCH View Post

Only release issue I've had is the heels need to be a higher value than the toes, but the bindings are releasing as needed now. If you want higher than 13 release gotta go get the cast.

Vibram AT soles ?

IME a couple brands of vibram AT soles in an AT binding would pre-release while a plastic DIN sole in the same binding did not

my theory is the rubber sole is compressing/releasing energy at the wrong times

my fix is to turn up the DIN 1 higher than the toes
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Vibram AT soles ?

IME a couple brands of vibram AT soles in an AT binding would pre-release while a plastic DIN sole in the same binding did not

my theory is the rubber sole is compressing/releasing energy at the wrong times

my fix is to turn up the DIN 1 higher than the toes
    Michelin but yes, I was mostly attributing to the lower heel elasticity, but I could see the rubber contributing to a imbalance in forces.

My heel releases have been due to snow sharks so I can't really pinpoint what the loading scenario was. Overall it's been a minor problem and only in bounds.