Page 93 of 134 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3329
    Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Zero issues on Shifts after 80-90 days last winter, most of those days inbounds on Bent Chetler 120s here at the 'ghee and Jackson. Swapped boots a few times throughout the season and zero prereleases as long as you know how to properly re-adjust the AFD and Forward Pressure. On one or 2 tours with real tight steep switchbacks I would occasionally step on the brake arm deploying it, probably more of an issue of touring on 120mm width skis.
    Same situation here. Loved the bindings and rode them hard with Cham 107s. Occasionally hit the brakes down while touring up mostly due to sloppy uphill technique at the end of tours.

99mm wide ski. Conventional wisdom says go with the 100 brakes...but it sounds like y'all find them to be wide. Should I go with 90 and bend 'em?

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    99mm wide ski. Conventional wisdom says go with the 100 brakes...but it sounds like y'all find them to be wide. Should I go with 90 and bend 'em?
    Correct. If at all.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Knowing that the AFD was stepped still doesn't explain the janky behavior it was doing when I was adjusting mine. Sometimes it wouldn't adjust up or down as I screwed in that direction until I reversed a quarter turn or more and suddenly it would snap down or up a few settings and realize where it was supposed to be. The only way I got my AFDs to stop migrating in my rudimentary bench tests was to get it to a certain setting, give it a quarter turn to a half turn in and then back off to the original spot, repeat with the same process in the reverse direction, and do both of those while first torquing down on the boot toe and then pressing up on the AFD with a flathead screwdriver. So basically combining in and out screwing with up and down pressure (total of 4 situations) to find the true point the screw should be at for the proper afd height. Without upward pressure it can't be relied on to pop up and without downward pressure it couldn't be relied on to actually descend to the step the screw was at.

Yeah, like pembyguy said, do 90s. Might not even have to bend them at all, if you do it'll be very slight.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Day 1 on my Shifts. Shop mounted. Heavy pow and groomers. Many prereleases in the soft stuff. Dialed in the forward pressure so that it is just inboard of the arrowed line. More prereleases - turned up DIN from 9 to 11. One final prerelease at 11 DIN.

From GregL and westoxified's posts, sounds like I should dial back the FP a touch, and turn up my DIN to 13.

I've never pre-released in my life like I did my first day on Shifts. User error? Sounds like others have had similar prerelease issues.
    Just for fun, same. There’s about 5 pages between your post and mine

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Go 90. Just did that for qst99 and only needed to take off little bit of plastic, no bending at all.

spent 2 weeks with shifts and my initial impressions are:
    - Surprisingly they were really solid in terms of prereleases. I usually have my din at 10 with Pivots, so I instantly cranked these to 11. Only had one prerelease when I was speeding through chopped pow, on one of the bumps it just decided to go the other way. I also did number of cliff hucks up to 25ft to soft snow, sometimes landing in a backseat and also never had prereleases. Overall I'm pretty happy with them.
    - AFD is complete shit. I never figured how to adjust it correctly, because when I jump here and there, afd slips by step or two. In the morning they are adjusted correctly, at lunch they already have up n down play. I haven't solved that puzzle. Tip for adding extra half-turn to afd adjustment screw also didn't help.
    - In touring mode, there are two headaches: brake catching mechanism and step-in. Brake catcher should be cleaned really well otherwise you will have brakes releasing every minute. Spent couple of minutes every lap just to make it work. And also the step-in. It's difficult and pretty annoying, especially if you are in pow.

As others said you should be fine with 90. My 110 fitted 122 waist Factions without issues

Anyone have problems pulling the toe lever into the second notched position? With a boot out, it goes pretty easily, with a boot in I am pulling pretty hard and it will not move to the second position. I could pull harder but it feels like I'm going to damage the mechanism. I read Lee's post saying you need to pull hard on it... maybe I am being paranoid.

First day out on Shifts yesterday. Wow, first impressions are good. They ski so much better than my old Radical ST 1.0's t is not even funny, especially on hardpack/groomers. It is really a night and day difference and I am very impressed. New skis and boots as well but it's definitely mostly the bindings. Only did one ~30min skin lap. They toured fine, brake stayed up (I pulled up on them to hear the second click).

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone have problems pulling the toe lever into the second notched position? With a boot out, it goes pretty easily, with a boot in I am pulling pretty hard and it will not move to the second position. I could pull harder but it feels like I'm going to damage the mechanism. I read Lee's post saying you need to pull hard on it... maybe I am being paranoid.
    Yes, I had the same issue the first times. I really cranked the lever up and everything was fine. I can tell you: the mechanism gets less tight over time. After a couple of tours I can do it without fear of ripping the binding apart. (Or maybe I am becoming more ruthless?)

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    spent 2 weeks with shifts and my initial impressions are:
    - Surprisingly they were really solid in terms of prereleases. I usually have my din at 10 with Pivots, so I instantly cranked these to 11. Only had one prerelease when I was speeding through chopped pow, on one of the bumps it just decided to go the other way. I also did number of cliff hucks up to 25ft to soft snow, sometimes landing in a backseat and also never had prereleases. Overall I'm pretty happy with them.
    - AFD is complete shit. I never figured how to adjust it correctly, because when I jump here and there, afd slips by step or two. In the morning they are adjusted correctly, at lunch they already have up n down play. I haven't solved that puzzle. Tip for adding extra half-turn to afd adjustment screw also didn't help.
    - In touring mode, there are two headaches: brake catching mechanism and step-in. Brake catcher should be cleaned really well otherwise you will have brakes releasing every minute. Spent couple of minutes every lap just to make it work. And also the step-in. It's difficult and pretty annoying, especially if you are in pow.
    Two prereleases would freak me out to the point of not trusting them.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Cross post to Gear Swap, 110 blue shifts for sale over here https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...flylow-Higgins

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Well, he gets paid for skiing and promoting Salomon.

Do you think he'll say, no I'm not skiing the shifts because they pre release and i don't want to fucking die!

Have you paid attention to anything at all or just make shit up in your head to go along with your non-factual beliefs? I skied and filmed my last MSP part entirely on the SHIFT. Go see All In, if I was even concerned about that at all I wouldn't have skied the opening line in the movie, nor sent backflips off cliffs, straightened through a triple stager or done half this shit I did if I was concerned about pre-releasing. I suggest you either ask me a legit question that I'll happily answer or keep your nonsensical thoughts you made up in your head to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Have you paid attention to anything at all or just make shit up in your head to go along with your non-factual beliefs? I skied and filmed my last MSP part entirely on the SHIFT. Go see All In, if I was even concerned about that at all I wouldn't have skied the opening line in the movie, nor sent backflips off cliffs, straightened through a triple stager or done half this shit I did if I was concerned about pre-releasing. I suggest you either ask me a legit question that I'll happily answer or keep your nonsensical thoughts you made up in your head to yourself.
    mic drop

✋🎤
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Hello police? I’d like to report a murder.

Well played sir! well played.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Ok, point taken.

Just out of curiosity do you always ski with MTN Labs?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Just out of curiosity do you always ski with MTN Labs?
    I mainly ski on the MTN Lab. It's been my resort boot and 90% of my touring days boot. Though last year I started working the XAlp boot into my really big uphill days. I skied the XAlp on the Grand, Pyramid, North Maroon, Holy Cross and Wilson. Though I guess it was also determined in my head on which boot to choose by the down route as well. If I knew it was going to be a slow, methodical descent, then the XAlp would be fine. But if I knew the skiing could be fall-line and fast, then regardless of vert, I'd go with the MTN Lab--like on Meteorite and Pontoon. XAlp is definitely not a boot you want to open'er up with.

I mainly ski on the MTN Lab. It's been my resort boot and 90% of my touring days boot.
    do you use same or different liners for resort and touring? Could you tell which ones?

Not to push the thread drift but how did you find the MTN lab compare to other similar classed boots?

Skied my first (resort) day on Shifts mounted on Rustler 11s. Skied fast on some chunky refrozen groomers and firm bumps. Set them up as recommended in Lee Lau's article. Didn't notice them. Flawless.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Several tram laps when it opened, no issues on the shifts

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Skied my first (resort) day on Shifts mounted on Rustler 11s. Skied fast on some chunky refrozen groomers and firm bumps. Set them up as recommended in Lee Lau's article. Didn't notice them. Flawless.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app
    You're no fun ;-)
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music