Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2676
  1. #2601
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I got some video of mine that I used to submit with the warranty return request. Not sure what to do about a replacement, assuming I get a refund.......
    You'll get a replacement toe binding not a refund.

    I've had one customer with this problem on one of his toes (out of nearly 200 sets sold over 2 seasons) and that was a couple of months ago. Received a new toe binding for him within a few days of submitting the warranty claim. Apparently it's a tolerance problem.

  2. #2602
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    729
    Any difference in batches with the toe locking problem between the white atomic shift and the blue salomon? Getting a pair today probably.

    100mm on 104 ravens? Or would even the 90mm fit?

  3. #2603
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Any difference in batches with the toe locking problem between the white atomic shift and the blue salomon? Getting a pair today probably.

    100mm on 104 ravens? Or would even the 90mm fit?
    I have both of those, so far they have functioned identically and perfectly.

  4. #2604
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Any difference in batches with the toe locking problem between the white atomic shift and the blue salomon? Getting a pair today probably........
    Not that I'm aware of. When you get them cycle the toe lever 30/40 times (with a boot in) as they're damned stiff to start with. And if you're on virus lockdown you could do some carpet testing to check if the lever holds up. From what I've seen/heard, if you're going to have an issue (which is extremely rare relative to the volume of sales) the lever will unlock very quickly, as in the video above.

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    ........100mm on 104 ravens? Or would even the 90mm fit?
    The internal width of the brakes are 8mm wider than their stated width so the 90mm will need either a bit of tweaking &/or chamfering of the plastic feet. A lot depends upon how vertical the ski sidewalls are &/or how rounded the junction of the sidewall and topsheet is. I've being fitting the 100mm brakes on Whitedot Altum 104's and they've been perfect.

  5. #2605
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Any difference in batches with the toe locking problem between the white atomic shift and the blue salomon? Getting a pair today probably.

    100mm on 104 ravens? Or would even the 90mm fit?
    I’ve got 100mm brakes on ravens. Really like the set up. I wouldn’t go to the 90mm.

  6. #2606
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Squaw, CA-Girdwood, AK
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I got some video of mine that I used to submit with the warranty return request. Not sure what to do about a replacement, assuming I get a refund.





    ff to about 20 sec:
    Exactly what is happening to mine, thanks for posting and making me feel less crazy during this crazy time...
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

  7. #2607
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I’ve got 100mm brakes on ravens. Really like the set up. I wouldn’t go to the 90mm.
    Is that right..? Thinking of trying to get some in an end of season sale - For a 104 ski (Sick Day), i should get 100mm brakes?

  8. #2608
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    6,128

    The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

    Quote Originally Posted by ddraver View Post
    Is that right..? Thinking of trying to get some in an end of season sale - For a 104 ski (Sick Day), i should get 100mm brakes?
    Should fit just fine.

  9. #2609
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    98
    And if I had the choice between 100 and 110 at the same price..?

    Thanks mate.

  10. #2610
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    71
    100mm brakes fit my wct 108

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  11. #2611
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    98
    Ok, Cheers

    (Why the lack of consistency?!?)

  12. #2612
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    32
    Dumb shift installation question. The two screws at the back of the toe piece, closest to the heel. They are on a sliding piece of plastic. Except mine are kinda stuck in a spot where they can't be screwed deeper (AFD in the way of the screw head), and can't be extended further out. Am I not pulling hard enough?

  13. #2613
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Mid-tomahawk
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Dumb shift installation question. The two screws at the back of the toe piece, closest to the heel. They are on a sliding piece of plastic. Except mine are kinda stuck in a spot where they can't be screwed deeper (AFD in the way of the screw head), and can't be extended further out. Am I not pulling hard enough?
    Slide the tab out further.

  14. #2614
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Slide the tab out further.
    Oh, I pulled harder and whole thing popped off, but I got it back on. Got it, there is a little tab that "pops" them between positions.

    Thanks!

  15. #2615
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ventura Highway in the Sunshine
    Posts
    21,785
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesbrother49 View Post
    Exactly what is happening to mine, thanks for posting and making me feel less crazy during this crazy time...
    Had that happening with mine...turns out I wasn't fully engaging it and/or it was iced up. Took off the ski, cycled it into the locked position a few times without the boot and then put it back on. Had to pull it back way harder then I felt comfortable doing once the boot was in place, but it did the trick.

    I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

  16. #2616
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    90
    Having issues with one brake not deploying on my shifts after taking the skis off. If i whack it it deploys. This means it doesnt deploy though when I pop out of the binding. Anyone else have this issue? any fixes?

  17. #2617
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bethel, Maine
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman922 View Post
    Having issues with one brake not deploying on my shifts after taking the skis off. If i whack it it deploys. This means it doesnt deploy though when I pop out of the binding. Anyone else have this issue? any fixes?
    Is it catching on the top of the ski? On my wife's skis, I had to take my Dremel to the brake plastic and bevel it a little so that it wouldn't get hung up if the brakes were deployed gently. That is a 100mm brake on 107mm skis, though.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

  18. #2618
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    33
    Does anyone have a crampon for the shift? They don't seem to be on shelves anywhere. I might just wait until next season to see if I can find a set. I will stick to boot crampons this spring when needed I suppose

  19. #2619
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Is it catching on the top of the ski? On my wife's skis, I had to take my Dremel to the brake plastic and bevel it a little so that it wouldn't get hung up if the brakes were deployed gently. That is a 100mm brake on 107mm skis, though.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    No, it doesnt even move from its original position

  20. #2620
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    50
    PSA

    I found a pretty good deal on shifts from a retailer up in Canada. I'm not familiar with this outfit but I've been scouring Canadian shops to take advantage of the current exchange rate.

    https://skiisandbiikes.com/products/...-bindings-2020

    $430 + $25 shipping = $455cad = $321usd

  21. #2621
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    90
    Any ideas on a fix for the brake sticking? think the video shows the issue pretty well

  22. #2622
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman922 View Post
    Any ideas on a fix for the brake sticking? think the video shows the issue pretty well
    There’s a small spring that runs horizontal under the stomp pad of the brake that I would suspect to be the culprit. Have you tried greasing or otherwise libricating any of the brake linkages that interface with this spring?

  23. #2623
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    165
    Corbetts has a good price in Canada: https://www.corbetts.com/categories/...s/touring.html

  24. #2624
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    11,697
    Buddy of mine just got some Shifts. Worked fine the first day. Day two he couldn't get the brakes to stay up while skinning no matter how hard he tried - no ice or snow buildup, it was an issue right from the parking lot. Is there a documented fix for this? This thread is so huge now I forget.

  25. #2625
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    There’s a small spring that runs horizontal under the stomp pad of the brake that I would suspect to be the culprit. Have you tried greasing or otherwise libricating any of the brake linkages that interface with this spring?
    i have not, what type of grease or lube would you reccemmend?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •