Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 3327
    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I'm on my 3rd day on the shifts. I'm 6'3, 205 lbs. Every time the skis have a deep flex, like doing a big turn on high angle off-piste or landing a jump in powder, the binding makes a slight "pop". I set up the bindings myself which I thought was relatively straight-forward besides the ramp angle was a little fiddly. Anyone else having this going on? Any suggestions on a remedy? Or is this normal?
    Thanks for everyone's advice. Yep, all it needed was a little raise on the AFD. I had a tough time identifying where it was just touching the AFD so the technique I used was to poke the afd with a screw driver. If the afd quickly slid back to its originally spot, then it wasn't touching, if it stuck then there was too much pressure, if it slowly slide back to its resting position I decided this was light pressure and this is what I would go with. Maybe that's useful to someone else.

Skied great yesterday but I did have a couple heel prereleases. There's no reason why I couldn't increase the heel din and leave the toe din? I know people do this with standard alpine bindings so I assume this shouldn't be a problem for the shifts. (in before "ur gunna die").

I go 1 more DIN ( or DIN like mark ) on the vibram heel of any AT boot in a frame binding

My theory is the vibram sole compresses & the pre-release happens when vibram uncompresseses, the
    same binding with plastic DIN soles would work fine cuz plastic doesnt compress
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

That explains what a ski tech was doing with a screwdriver on a different set of MNC bindings for me...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I go 1 more DIN ( or DIN like mark ) on the vibram heel of any AT boot in a frame binding

My theory is the vibram sole compresses & the pre-release happens when vibram uncompresseses, the
    same binding with plastic DIN soles would work fine cuz plastic doesnt compress
    This makes sense. I'll buy in.

1 more din seems to stop the heel popping out in bumps & G-outs,

I also go 1 mark higher for the vertical release than the lateral release on my Dynafit Verticals & Radicals
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Free your heel and your mind will follow.... :P
    Fix your heel, ski for real.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I have used my for a few days now. No issues in ski mode and love how they ski. Walk mode works perfect most of the time, but some skins I can not keep it locked out. Not sure why and use a heli strap to boots to keep them locked. Can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. Fine one day, and snaps down the next. Or fine for one lap, snaps down the second lap up.

There's a pair of atomic shift available at the mountain gear in spokane going out of business sale for $360.

Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post
    You followed the advice of raising the afd slightly higher than recommended, insert boot then press down on the toe to drop the afd and engage it onto the lower increment?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, it still seems to be sliding down...although in the last week since posting I may have managed to find the sweet spot, and it hasn’t dropped since

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Anyone have problems pulling the toe lever into the second notched position? With a boot out, it goes pretty easily, with a boot in I am pulling pretty hard and it will not move to the second position. I could pull harder but it feels like I'm going to damage the mechanism. I read Lee's post saying you need to pull hard on it... maybe I am being paranoid.
    I pull up to the first notch, then have to give it a gentle tap with hammer fist into the second. I didn't worry about damaging anything until reading your post haha. They gotta be in that second notch yo, so idk what else to do. Quite a few days and lotsa transitions, so far so good with this method.

Quote Originally Posted by hakubaguide View Post
    Not sure if has come up in this thread already. However, I have one toe piece that keeps popping down when touring. My other toe I lock it all the way up and it’s a bit of force to get it there and it stays. Zero issues, the problematic toe piece when I lift it all the way up it pops back down either within seconds or in a few minutes to level. I didn’t notice the first few times and popped straight out of my binding on the skin track. Bit embarrassing with clients behind me. Any ideas on this? I have another pair of skis with shifts and they don’t have this issue.
    same thing. love tap with hammer fist into position, sounds to me like it's just not quite seating with the pulling effort.

Tried digging through this thread but couldn't find anything. Anyone know how the screw pattern of the STH2 and Shift toes line up? Thinking of swapping out my shifts for STH2s and trying to decide if it'll be a full remount or if I might be able to just do the toes.

Shift to STH2 you can re-use 2 of the toe holes and STH2 bsl has to be 10mm less than Shift BSL.
    So if your shift bsl is 320, your STH2 bsl has to be 310, which is fine since the STH2 has 15mm travel each way.

I’m considering doing the same on a pair of mine

Awesome, thanks man. Same boot so the BSL wouldn't change. There's only a single mount so I could probably get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    Shift to STH2 you can re-use 2 of the toe holes and STH2 bsl has to be 10mm less than Shift BSL.
    So if your shift bsl is 320, your STH2 bsl has to be 310, which is fine since the STH2 has 15mm travel each way.

I’m considering doing the same on a pair of mine
    Would this be similar for a Warden too? Warden has the same heel pattern as far as I'm aware, but would you be able to share 2 of the toe holes like with the STH2?

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Would this be similar for a Warden too? Warden has the same heel pattern as far as I'm aware, but would you be able to share 2 of the toe holes like with the STH2?
    Warden shares all 4 heels and 2 toe holes with STH2. The 2 common toe holes are the ones that the Shift nearly shares, but reusing them moves the toe piece about 5mm.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Warden shares all 4 heels and 2 toe holes with STH2. The 2 common toe holes are the ones that the Shift nearly shares, but reusing them moves the toe piece about 5mm.
    Okay, so to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. Shifts and wardens share all holes except 2 in the toe. But you will have to slide the heel 5 mm (assuming same boot bsl) which the warden is capable of.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

No unfortunately it's not like that.

The Wardens and STH2 have the same mount pattern, except the wardens most forward 2 holes at the toe are a few cm more forward than on the STH2

The Shift and STH2/Warden mounts share ONLY 2 holes at the toe. All other holes are different.

To avoid hole conflicts, if you have an existing Shift mount on the line (0) for a 320 BSL mount, you'll have to mount your STH2 for around 310mm (10mm BSL less) at around 0. So if you keep the same boot, your actual boot center will be approx 5mm rearward.

So basically it's almost a full new mount.

Red = Shift @ 320 / 0
    Cyan = STH2 @ 310 / 0

Thanks for the clarification stuntmanbro, wish there was a binding that shared more holes with the shift.

Toe lock-out not functioning

Few posts recently saying a similar thing...

One of my shift bindings works perfectly, the other has a problem with the toe pins lock-out in walk mode.

When I pull the lever to partial lockout it flips back down to unlocked again straight away, and when I pull it to total lock-out, it stays for 10-15 strides, then flips out again back to totally unlocked. The opposite side works perfectly; once I pull it to full lockout it stays there all morning.

I've tried it after completely defrosted overnight, so I don't think it's ice related, and I've tried both boots; each boot works perfectly in one binding, and not in the other. It's been like this since the very first hike.

It's a brand new set up, bought from Ellis-Brigham back in the UK, so it's not worn out or anything.

Does anybody have any ideas on any simple adjustments that might help with this, or am I just going to need to tie the lever up to stop it flipping down while I'm hiking. As things stand, partial lockout doesn't even work, so they are pretty unstable and I came right out of the binding several times during a hike yesterday morning.

Any help very gratefully received.

Cheers

Will

PS. Doubt it makes any difference, but the boots are Scott Cosmos and are <1 week into their use.

Quote Originally Posted by whrook View Post
    Few posts recently saying a similar thing...

One of my shift bindings works perfectly, the other has a problem with the toe pins lock-out in walk mode.

When I pull the lever to partial lockout it flips back down to unlocked again straight away, and when I pull it to total lock-out, it stays for 10-15 strides, then flips out again back to totally unlocked. The opposite side works perfectly; once I pull it to full lockout it stays there all morning.

I've tried it after completely defrosted overnight, so I don't think it's ice related, and I've tried both boots; each boot works perfectly in one binding, and not in the other. It's been like this since the very first hike.

It's a brand new set up, bought from Ellis-Brigham back in the UK, so it's not worn out or anything.

Does anybody have any ideas on any simple adjustments that might help with this, or am I just going to need to tie the lever up to stop it flipping down while I'm hiking. As things stand, partial lockout doesn't even work, so they are pretty unstable and I came right out of the binding several times during a hike yesterday morning.

Any help very gratefully received.

Cheers

Will

PS. Doubt it makes any difference, but the boots are Scott Cosmos and are <1 week into their use.
    This is unfortunately a warranty issue, we have had to send some back because of this.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    This is unfortunately a warranty issue, we have had to send some back because of this.
    Ah. Damn! Thanks for getting back to me. I'll strap it up for the remaining couple of days and then go and knock on the door at Ellis Brigham when I get back...!

Pretty happy right now that I did *not* turn up the DIN on my shift toes. Got bucked while straight-lining some powder covered bumps and this was after my second tomahawk... phew. Think I got away with one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 6.21.45 AM.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	314983

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Pretty happy right now that I did *not* turn up the DIN on my shift toes. Got bucked while straight-lining some powder covered bumps and this was after my second tomahawk... phew. Think I got away with one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 6.21.45 AM.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	183.6 KB 
ID:	314983
    Now we need to see the whole video.

Quote Originally Posted by skibummin View Post
    There's a pair of atomic shift available at the mountain gear in spokane going out of business sale for $360.
    Is that in-store price? Their web price is ~$425.

Quote Originally Posted by yeloblammo View Post
    Is that in-store price? Their web price is ~$425.
    Yeah that was in-store. They closed up their retail shop last week.