Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3329
    I didn’t know about that known issue. Thanks.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

It doesn't make sense to me why the issue would only be one binding though. Are the tolerances of this construction so bad that theyve changed the window so they don't have to deal with it?

Brought them into the shop, apparently being warrantied in 4-6 weeks. Looks like I'll be skiing a good majority of the season with a strap on them. Sucks to buy nice, non dirtbag stuff for the first time and be stuck with this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by s_curran View Post
    Are the tolerances of this construction so bad that theyve changed the window so they don't have to deal with it?
    It seems so ... Most work fine without the new window, but some don’t ...

We probably get 1 shift a week in because the toe lever won't stay up. Half the time it is only on one ski. Hopefully those new windows show up soon. Our rep had never heard of them before we requested them.

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    the shift is incredible gaper bait and they ain’t ready for it.
    Even though my first day in Shifts were problem free, 9523 sole so AFD in low position and fp set and checked multiple times. Only rough resort skiing, but no issues.

Regarding the gaper part though, it won't be less of a bait after this:

yes!

Request: is there a shop that would be willing to order a TON of these new DIN windows, and ship them to mags for $10? I'll make a broader post if a shop is willing

I know this is very quick to jump ship, but already considering going to Tectons, I know they are not perfect, but messing with my season this much after purchasing brand new, for a product thats been out long enough that they should have worked through the kinks really pisses me off.

Arent the windows just basically going to get ground down with use, and you'll be begging a dealer to give you a set each season?

Brought them into the shop, apparently being warrantied in 4-6 weeks. Looks like I'll be skiing a good majority of the season with a strap on them. Sucks to buy nice, non dirtbag stuff for the first time and be stuck with this garbage.
    Your supplying retailer should exchange the complete toe with a stock one.

Does anyone have issues with the plastic barbed end of the break becoming loose and rotating? Based on the brakes running wide, I mounted 100mm breakes on my 111mm waist ski which seemed to worked fine until those plastic ends started rotating. Now, when the barbed end is rotated, the breaks don't engage all the way when I eject as the end of the barb gets stuck behind the ski. The result is a ski that doesn't break upon ejection, which has got me in trouble a few times now.

Any ideas on how to tighten these suckers? Some type of glue/epoxy? I can of course further bend away the break arms, but I feel like I'm already close to the limit there, and there would still be the issue of an ineffective break with the barb pointing sideways. EDIT: seems like the accepted solution for other people has been to dremel down the plastic end so it doesn't get stuck. Wouldn't that reduce its effectiveness in breaking though? Also, it seems like these people might not have had the rotation issue that I'm having.

I've also been getting random ejection issues when my ski catches a weird pocket of snow but where I really wouldn't have expected to lose the ski; verry annoying and possibly dangerous. It happens rarely enough though that I've been shrugging it off so far but I'm worried that complacency will bite me back. That particular problems seems to have been discussed at length here though so I'll try the suggested solutions.

No idea on tightening, but I did Dremel down the ski side of the nubs (basically put a 45 chamfer on it) to reduce catching on the top sheet. While I'm sure it has some negative effect, it seems to be marginal.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

I know this is very quick to jump ship, but already considering going to Tectons, I know they are not perfect, but messing with my season this much after purchasing brand new, for a product thats been out long enough that they should have worked through the kinks really pisses me off.

Arent the windows just basically going to get ground down with use, and you'll be begging a dealer to give you a set each season?
    Mount Tectons, warranty shifts, then sell the NIB warranty replacements. Tectons aren’t perfect, but they’re not a steaming pile of shit like Shifts are.

I got touring bindings for touring (dynafit radical) on touring skis and resort bindings for resort (sth2) on resort skis. Now my toes don't jiggle. My ski doesn't randomly pop off. The brakes stay up. I'm back to set it and forget it. And in the end not that much more money.
    Long thread about an expensive binding that doesn't work out of the box for many many users.
    Love the concept, though. Looking forward to shift 2.0
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I'm on my third pair of shifts.

First pair was from two seasons ago. It worked ok, but was a massive pain in the ass to step into. I sold the skis and the bindings this year.

Second pair is a pair of last year's black and white Atomic shifts that were new in box at the start of this season. They work flawlessly so far.

Third pair is this year's black on black salomon. They skis fine, but they will not stay locked in touring mode. I've got probably 100+ days on shifts. I know how to ski them and how to tour in them, but these do not stay locked no matter what I do. I probably get 6 strides and then they pop off my boot.

How do I get some of those windows?

I submitted a warranty request last night and I just got off the phone with Salomon USA this morning.

When I brought up the DIN window, I was told that Salomon USA does not stock any replacement parts. They do not have any DIN windows. I pushed a little harder and was put on hold while the customer service agent talked to others. Nope, no DIN windows will be sent out.

The only solution is to go to an authorized dealer, have the binding removed, and to send in the bindings for a replacement. Brand new skis=useless.

This issue is so widespread that Salomon should be recalling bindings. They know that huge swaths of their 2020/2021 bindings currently being stocked by retailers are having this issue and they continue to allow people to buy the bad stock, mount the bindings and then go through a warranty process.

Alright, another data point- I called back and talked to a different customer service rep. He was aware of the DIN window spare part and is going to send out replacement DIN windows.

He said that there are sometimes other issues besides the DIN window that cause the binding to unlock, so the DIN window isn't a 100% fix.

He also said that he recommended NOT to go through with a warranty request because Salomon is currently sold out of Shifts for the year and won't be able to replace bindings until next season. Fingers crossed on the DIN windows working...

My 1st year shifts have been working flawlessly once setup properly. I’m in the market for I new pair, I guess I’ll try to find one from last year if possible ...

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    My 1st year shifts have been working flawlessly once setup properly. I’m in the market for I new pair, I guess I’ll try to find one from last year if possible ...
    I've got first-year, second-year and new-this-year Shifts in the family quiver (this year's are on the wife's new skis, others on mine), and I'm quite happy with them since I got them set up correctly. I also sold a pair of the first-year bindings on another pair of skis, after being happy with their performance.

YMMV, of course, but I wouldn't get too excited about year of production unless you care about the color.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

I’ve got more than a handful of days on OG shifts. No real issues to report. The toe lock lever was really hard to set in lock position but seems to be getting a little easier. I’ve been charging around on full inbounds days without any pre releases. They tour clunky but work. I only go for short slack laps on them. Anyway, no complaints from me.

but what’s your favourite colourway

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Request: is there a shop that would be willing to order a TON of these new DIN windows, and ship them to mags for $10? I'll make a broader post if a shop is willing
    We've got a ton coming, as well as 25 more shifts from Europe. I'll look into shipping monday but I doubt it as the point of the windows is to service our customers quickly.

Have you tried asking your local dealer to order them in?

update: I skied 3 days on them this weekend. First day, fine, never came out skinning, never had to transition back to walk mode though after the first time. Day 2: Fine for the first 3 miles skinning, transition once, then useless, had to use a strap to hold them into place. Day 3: same deal, but right from the start.

OGE is replacing the windows, but I hate the solution, obviously the bindings are different left to right, why would this fix it.

Also had a new issue, brake refused to stay up for about 15 minutes while climbing with the riser. Had to go without riser so I could step on it every time, eventually it stayed put.

Has anyone installed the new DIN windows and used them yet? Do they fix the problem?
    on the send bus to gnar town

Some users on the French forum installed and used them and it solves the issue.