Page 103 of 134 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3332
    Great price, but how easy and costly is it to get them out of Canada? Extra taxes?

Just an fyi ptex1 has them for slightly more in gear swap, but I suspect out the door they are similarly priced??? I just bought a pair from him and it is real simple and easy.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Anyone using Shifts with binding inserts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sashka View Post
    Anyone using Shifts with binding inserts?
    Yep, no problems with Binding Freedom inserts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IanCH View Post
    So here's a discussion starter. Is there a binding that beats the shift as a travel ski setup? (You're flying with one set and you don't know what your split of backcountry and resort will be)

The tecton, the vipec, the ion all come to mind as lighter options... Heavier options probably not interested.

Asking for a friend, I already have my travel setup which is shifts on wct 108.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Threaded inserts and bring two bindings. That's my next setup. But you can't mix it up during the day so not perfect.
    Looking into CAST and waiting on Duke PT or maybe shift 2.0.
    Shifts are too expensive to have pre release issues and my toe wiggling up and down on some runs and not others with the exact same setup. Just fiddly. They ski well when they work.
    Sold my shifts after my trip. Some people have zero issues that's awesome.
    But my chairlift chat shows anecdotal evidence that I am not alone with my shift issues.
    And they did not work with my touring boots.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Does anyone worry about a skis with shifts being a target for ski thieves?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

From what I've seen recently tons of people have them. The vast majority you will find out when you strike up a conversation have never toured or don't even have tech inserts and/or skins. Bizzarre.

If someone wants shifts they have a lot of other skiiers to get them from. I'm more worried about my ATKs when they are on the rack (rarely)

From what I've seen recently tons of people have them. The vast majority you will find out when you strike up a conversation have never toured or don't even have tech inserts and/or skins. Bizzarre.
    When the whole Duke/Guardian frenzy came out, our shop sold more Guardians that any other shop in Canada. I remember it being a bone of contention because they were sold out everywhere and we received the first (maybe only) mid-season restock and the number was pretty significant. All the talk was how the sidecountry/backcountry movement was blowing up. But the funny thing was we only sold 1 pair of skins for every 25 touring bindings we sold. 100 guardians for every 4 skins.

wait, you can't get Guardians in Canada if you have already been circumcised?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Hey guys. I’m pretty sure I just read 1000 posts on this thread and needed answers and it sent me deeper into the rabbit hole. I ski a 188 anima with a duke set to 13. Ya it’s not a light setup. But my I’m hung like a cricket so it makes up for it. I have ascendants. (Full Tilts, best boot made ever, heard of them?). Ok. So hears the question. Do I get a shift, a cast setup, or wait until I can some how get my hands on the duke pt 16 (which if someone has and wants to sell I have benjis)? I’m slightly concerned about the din setting max and before anyone says 13 is ridiculous settle down. Just blew both skis off last week. (Corvus 183 with jester pros on 13.) I have a lot of trust for look pivots, raced on those and those only, but I am a huge marker fan, royal toes and heals are sick, but I’d be willing to try the shifts. I’m just hesitant... should I just stay away due to my dins?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Hey guys. I’m pretty sure I just read 1000 posts on this thread and needed answers and it sent me deeper into the rabbit hole. I ski a 188 anima with a duke set to 13. Ya it’s not a light setup. But my I’m hung like a cricket so it makes up for it. I have ascendants. (Full Tilts, best boot made ever, heard of them?). Ok. So hears the question. Do I get a shift, a cast setup, or wait until I can some how get my hands on the duke pt 16 (which if someone has and wants to sell I have benjis)? I’m slightly concerned about the din setting max and before anyone says 13 is ridiculous settle down. Just blew both skis off last week. (Corvus 183 with jester pros on 13.) I have a lot of trust for look pivots, raced on those and those only, but I am a huge marker fan, royal toes and heals are sick, but I’d be willing to try the shifts. I’m just hesitant... should I just stay away due to my dins?

Yeah, stay away, but try the Salomon mtn. Cody skis in them. And so do i

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Hey guys.
    If the din thing is a major concern then just get Casts. You are used to the weight but still, 400gr off when touring should be very noticeable. As such Cast could fit the bill perfectly. They ski and tour nicely, if at a weight penalty, and compliment the Animas very well. They should ski better than your current Dukes too (lower, lighter, more elasticity).

Personally I would still go with Shifts, shredgnarcore rider or not, but since confidence in equipement might be more important than weight, you might prioritize differently.

Fanboy or no, I would not get the new Marker binding next year. Give it a year +.

Personally I would still go with Shifts, shredgnarcore rider or not, but since confidence in equipement might be more important than weight, you might prioritize differently.

Fanboy or no, I would not get the new Marker binding next year. Give it a year +. [/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you just nailed it. I was working in the shops when the kingpins dropped and all the problems came too. So I’ve been pretty hesitant about the duke pt. Kinda hoping marker learned from that... there are a ton of miles being put on them right now.. seems like every DMV athlete is posting them. But ya. Still hesitant.

Casts are gone til mid summer apparently... so I guess I suck it up and duke it out til I can cast...

2 of the 5 people I've toured with who had Shift bindings have had toe locking issues. Pretty thankful mine haven't, but shocking to see the same issue one after the other. Both were being cranked into the locked up position and would slowly slip back down slowly at first (every half hour or so) to slipping out as soon as it was locked in. The second time I saw it happen we nipped it in the bud and used a strap to lock it in the up position for the rest of the tour. These were both brand new on the first tours :/

More and more pindung looks like the ticket. Another guy on the local touring fb page lost a ski w shift. Maybe theyre not adjusting them right. Theres been a few incidents

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    2 of the 5 people I've toured with who had Shift bindings have had toe locking issues. Pretty thankful mine haven't, but shocking to see the same issue one after the other. Both were being cranked into the locked up position and would slowly slip back down slowly at first (every half hour or so) to slipping out as soon as it was locked in. The second time I saw it happen we nipped it in the bud and used a strap to lock it in the up position for the rest of the tour. These were both brand new on the first tours :/
    Glad I'm not the only one. Now I just need to get photos/video of mine doing it so I can complete the warranty process. And hopefully get replacements that don't have that issue. Mine are the black and white atomic version.

The Official Salomon S/Lab SHIFT MNC Thread -AMA

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    $365 at Corbetts
    Stellar deal, $489CAD, wow. I paid $570ish CAD all in last fall which was a nice savings over retail ($770CAD with tax).

Very happy with my Shifts. Have skied more resort and only a handful of touring days this season but they have been perfect other than hard to pull toe lever into touring notch (mine want to stick in the first notch). I've actually skinned a bunch with them in that first toe position without issue but have been on mostly mellow skin tracks touring for pow.

They ski as well in resort as STH 916 in my opinion (I do not huck or ski park though).
    Last edited by gramboh; 03-11-2020 at 03:14 PM.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Stellar deal, $489CAD, wow. I paid $570ish CAD all in last fall which was a nice savings over retail ($770CAD with tax).

Very happy with my Shifts. Have skied more resort and only a handful of touring days this season but they have been perfect other than hard to pull toe lever into touring notch (mine want to stick in the first notch). I've actually skinned a bunch with them in that first toe position without issue but have been on mostly mellow skin tracks touring for pow.

They ski as well in resort as STH 916 in my opinion (I do not huck or ski park though).
    Now $419 CAD at corbetts

Would the experts recommend 110mm or 120mm brakes on a 133/112/121 ski, 4frnt Hoji?

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Would the experts recommend 110mm or 120mm brakes on a 133/112/121 ski, 4frnt Hoji?

I'm not an expert, but 110 based on my experience. I would rather have too tight than deploy during skin. I have 110 on Salomon QST 106, seem a little to wide.

Reviews on this binder are all over the map.

Pre-release on the down is alarming.

Sounds like the toe on the up is operator error?

The brake releasing is a pia...ice or just a shit design?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    ... Fanboy or no, I would not get the new Marker binding next year. Give it a year +.
    A new, complicated binding from Marker. What could possibly go wrong in the first three years?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Reviews on this binder are all over the map.

Pre-release on the down is alarming.

Sounds like the toe on the up is operator error?

The brake releasing is a pia...ice or just a shit design?
    Tons of this stuff is user error in adjustment.

The brake releasing during skin is a combo of having brakes that are too big for their ski and hitting your skis together while skinning. Easily avoidable on that second part.

The brake releasing during skin is a combo of having brakes that are too big for their ski and hitting your skis together while skinning. Easily avoidable on that second part.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wrong.
    Very constructive dude.

Let me guess you're running 110mm brakes on 110 waist skis? Too big.