Thread: Faction Ten5

Faction Ten5

Recently mounted up a pair of 186 faction ten5's. Was really excited about the shape of this ski. I thought that this shape with some metal would make a great everyday ski. Ski feels a little too light for me. However I still need some more time to figure them out. Tune was absolutely horrible. Anyone have similar experience with factions? My only other pair of factions were old faction 13, which was an absolute beast of a ski and factory tune was just fine. Very little info on these boards. Curious if anyone has some experience on them?

Any updates on Ten5? Going to pull the trigger and looking for some reviews.

Andrew

I sold mine after 5 days of skiing. On paper everything looked like it would be a perfect every day ski for me. After 2 tunes, in only 5 days on snow, it wasn’t just the tune. Despite having metal these were some of the most unstable skis I’ve ever skied. Any terrain variation would deflect ski and require a ton of energy to control. Dual radius side cut is off, tip hooks into carves hard but tail doesn’t release. They are very poppy skis, but not damp and predictable at all. I don’t recommend one bit what so ever. There are much better skis in this category.

What would you suggest? Monsters? I was about to pull the trigger as they could be found for cheap.

Andrew

I prefer 184 4frnt devestator, easy skiing buy can still be pushed. Monsters are a great ski but need considerably more speed to preform. 186 Salomon rocker2 100 is another good ski for this application and is cheap on evo

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sgsbet86 View Post
    I sold mine after 5 days of skiing. On paper everything looked like it would be a perfect every day ski for me. After 2 tunes, in only 5 days on snow, it wasn’t just the tune. Despite having metal these were some of the most unstable skis I’ve ever skied. Any terrain variation would deflect ski and require a ton of energy to control. Dual radius side cut is off, tip hooks into carves hard but tail doesn’t release. They are very poppy skis, but not damp and predictable at all. I don’t recommend one bit what so ever. There are much better skis in this category.
    Same as the new Prime 2.0 I tried out, factions dual radius sucks. Also same issue with any kind of lump or bump in sight.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

That was helpful, thanks

Andrew

Get rustler 10s?!

Quote Originally Posted by jckstein View Post
    Get rustler 10s?!
    Can't find any deals on 188 and not ready to pay full retail price

Andrew

Buy salomon rocker2 100 from evo.com for $250, mount 1 back and thank me later. If you’re looking for a fun ski for non powder conditions, this is it.

I used to have Line Supernatural 100 and it was a nice ski, but sold it to try something different. Now I'm on Atomic Vantage 90 Cti and I don't like it. Might be a new boot - Lupo TI Carbon, but I doubt... Will Consider Rocker 100. How big is the difference between Rocker and QST99?

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by sgsbet86 View Post
    Word!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Salomon qst99 is really good option too. 5 days on my 188cm, I have skied everything except deep powder and they perform very well every where. Can be found around 300€.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using TGR Forums mobile app