Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is the "Me too" movement the Arab Spring for women?

I'm speaking, of course, of the momentous upwelling of women finally giving voice to decades and centuries of sexual harassment.

All I can say is LET IT ROLL ON. LET IT ROLL ON.

Women have been silent about that bullshit for too fucking long. Now is their time to stand up. They don't need to take that shit from certain men...not any more. I say "certain" because of course not all men harrass women sexually...probably a small minority...those that do, you know who you are. You make the rest of us men look bad and we are not bad.

My only hope is that the Me Too movement does not whither and die like the Arab Spring movement did.

My hat is off to the women who speak up and speak out. My heart goes out to those women who aren't quite ready to speak up yet. I can only hope that they too will get their own courage to speak out...for they already have the courage, always have...they just need to gather it.

Stand up. Speak out. Be proud.

You go girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quite a brave stance you're taking AR.

If you liked the McCarthy movement to cleanse the military of commies, you'll like this one too. With EVERY man on the planet, even Pence, guilty of having creeped out some woman and no accuser needed to convict in the court of public opinion this won't go well for anyone.

Interesting to make the connection. McCarthy's legal adviser was Roy Cohn. Cohn was Trumps early mentor. Sever Miller is a Cohn disciple. deja vu all over again. There is a method to their madness.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Creeping out is different than grabbing ass or abusing power.

How do you feel about the fact that accusations are just that....accusations. He said she said. Now I might agree that I see little benefit in a woman coming out lying about something like that, but still. Innocent until proven guilty does not apply in these situations? It seems to me that is the case...woman says you harassed me....you for sure did...not need for a judge or jury...you're convicted. Something seems odd about that.

So it's also funded and run by the CIA, Saudis and CFR?

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    eh... eh.. eh..... the creeping out/grabbing ass/abusing power is in the eye of the beholder.

Take Al Franken's original accuser. What she says happened would not have risen to the level of anything more than a minor annoyance for me. I would have simply told him to cool it and moved on with my life as I have done with many, many similar situations I've personally experienced. I certainly would not have seethed for 10 years as she said she did.

I am very very torn over all of this. The whole idea that you can make an accusation that is taken at face value as truth, an accusation that tears a person's world apart without having to prove it is disturbing. As I said in the Weinstein thread: People bear false witness all the time for causes they feel are just.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    If you liked the McCarthy movement to cleanse the military of commies, you'll like this one too. With EVERY man on the planet, even Pence, guilty of having creeped out some woman and no accuser needed to convict in the court of public opinion this won't go well for anyone.

Interesting to make the connection. McCarthy's legal adviser was Roy Cohn. Cohn was Trumps early mentor. Sever Miller is a Cohn disciple. deja vu all over again. There is a method to their madness.
    WHAT IN THE EVERRAMBLING FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    eh... eh.. eh..... the creeping out/grabbing ass/abusing power is in the eye of the beholder.

Take Al Franken's original accuser. What she says happened would not have raised to the level of anything more than a minor annoyance for me. I would have simply told him to cool it and moved on with my life as I have done with many, many similar situations I've personally experienced. I certainly would not have seethed for 10 years as she said she did.

I am very very torn over all of this. The whole idea that you can make an accusation that is taken at face value as truth, an accusation that tears a person's world apart without having to prove it is disturbing. As I said in the Weinstein thread: People bear false witness all the time for causes they feel are just.
    Very true. IMO Franken was used as a pawn by the democrats to score a moral victory.

Just ignore him. That's what we all do
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Very true. IMO Franken was used as a pawn by the democrats to score a moral victory.
    This... It's the "see we're more moral than you. What are you doing about Moore?"

They didn't plant the seed, well maybe they did, but they sure are using it to their advantage.

Guess I won't see this thread anymore. Likely to be moved polyass

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

I also applaud KQ, for seeing the reality of this. It's like the Duke lax players....accused, media convicted, and all of it was bullshit. Sexually harassing women is wrong, but accusations are not proof. If they were OJ would be in jail for life.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    What's more important than they why behind the moves of Franken & Conyers is the precedent that David Cop-A-Feel is not welcome in Congress. That's a good thing & will take time to mature as unofficial policy.
    It is good but KQ made a great point. There is something very anti-democratic about the way it's shaking down. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. Right now I'd label it unsettling.

So you admit to taking pleasure in creeping out that Sarah X back at the college freshmen mixer but you feel justified because you didn't touch her? You're fired!

See how easy it is?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

If Tweeden was the only one talking about Franken, he'd be ok. The problem is a pattern of being a pervert in public or at the workplace. Watch the video of Dustin Hoffman - dude needs to reset how he manages his hormonal impulses.
    For the third time: People bear false witness all the time for causes they feel are just.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

I get the being somewhat torn as well, but we all know that many men in a position of power are complete douchebags and this behavior definitely happens too often. Power guys often get to the position of power because they walk over whoever is in the way. Yeah maybe I'm generalizing, but there are a lot of guys out there that fit this bill. We all know them. Fratboy tools. BUT, there are some evil manipulative women out there as well. And when it comes to this shit, there usually isn't a witness, so it comes down to the "he said she said" deal or multiple accusations against one guy.

Two guys in my industry were just canned for sexual harassment...and they deserved it. So my feeling is this is a good movement.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    WHAT IN THE EVERRAMBLING FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

The odd thing is there are a lot of women that enjoy the "Bad Boy". They seem to continually have douchebag, physically abusive boyfriends or husbands....one after another. Being slapped around around for them has become so expected that they think it's normal. That is fucking sad. Sometimes, in their minds, they have actually eroticized abuse...and actually LOOK for that trait in a man. How fucked up is that? It turns out that when you delve into it, a lot of those type of women had been abused in childhood. That is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    ...accusations are not proof. If they were OJ would be in jail for life.
    I don't disagree, but this is a terrible example.

On Alaska State Troopers the women in Wasilla seem pretty tough. They'll kick your ass. Plus they have guns up there.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    I don't disagree, but this is a terrible example.
    Maybe. I suck at examples sometimes for sure.

What's more important than the 'why' behind the moves of Franken & Conyers is the precedent that David Cop-A-Feel is not welcome in Congress. That's a good thing & will take time to mature as unofficial policy.
    Actually, that unofficial policy will never be embraced by the Republicans so why should Democrats be forced to retire. I feel more comfortable acknowledging that all politicians are pond scum and to expect anything less from them is unrealistic. No need for Democrats to take the High Road and shoot themselves in the foot if the Republicans are represented by the Pussy Grabber and Chief and Alabama sends that POS to the Senate.

Like Renee Russo said on this topic; "all women should know men can be sexual predators and conduct themselves accordingly. Know how to defend yourself and don't put yourself in a position (like going to some perverts room to read a script) that can lead to problems". (all paraphrased)
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Actually, that unofficial policy will never be embraced by the Republicans so why should Democrats be forced to retire. I feel more comfortable acknowledging that all politicians are pond scum and to expect anything less from them is unrealistic. No need for Democrats to take the High Road and shoot themselves in the foot if the Republicans are represented by the Pussy Grabber and Chief and Alabama sends that POS to the Senate.

Like Renee Russo said on this topic; "all women should know men can be sexual predators and conduct themselves accordingly. Know how to defend yourself and don't put yourself in a position (like going to some perverts room to read a script) that can lead to problems". (all paraphrased)
    thats a problem too. Any woman that speaks up like KQ, Renee Russo, etc are slammed by the majority of their female peers...."how dare you not believe the woman?"...thats a big part of this whole issue.

thats a problem too. Any woman that speaks up like KQ, Renee Russo, etc are slammed by the majority of their female peers...."how dare you not believe the woman?"...thats a big part of this whole issue.
    The point is not believing them. No one is calling them a liar but the perps. The point is stating they (women) also need to take just a little responsibility for likely being in the wrong place at the wrong time with a potential creep.

If the women are doing their part to head this behavior off, then men that do it need a firm kick in the nutz during the moment and then the woman needs to report them immediately, not years later or GTFO. Just my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

And do you recall how arch feminist Gloria Steinem reacted to Clinton’s rape accusers? Party before people.

Pendulums swing.

Interesting article yesterday in the Atlantic.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-me-too/547691
    I still call it The Jake.