Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 91 of 91
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    23
    RE: Original post... Wasn't the Arab Spring generally considered a failure? A non start. Nothing became of it. All it really did was destabilize and regress any semblance of freedom in the Middle East.

    If this is the best you're hoping for, it doesn't sound so good for women. No a real smart example there buddy. I hope you can do better than this.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Back on orig acct...
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by powderdaybeatsworkday View Post
    RE: Original post... Wasn't the Arab Spring generally considered a failure? A non start. Nothing became of it. All it really did was destabilize and regress any semblance of freedom in the Middle East.
    History isn't written the morning after.
    success has many fathers, failure is an orphan // we are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master -EH

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    McPoyle Country
    Posts
    9,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    That is the type of thoughtful intercourse I was hoping for with this thread..
    that AK rover....
    he's just a lonely fella in search of some thoughtful intercourse....some intellectual stimulation if you will.

    Name:  a70be20f858fbd47fd81c5a1fd4dd80f--library-humor-library-cards.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  31.5 KB

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    the woman needs to report them immediately, not years later or GTFO. Just my 2 cents
    So if your daughters come to you 10 years from now and say that they were repeatedly raped by a supervisor but they just could not come forward because they needed job or they couldn't deal with the embarrassment, that you would tell them to GTFO?

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    9,943
    Quote Originally Posted by powderdaybeatsworkday View Post
    Wasn't the Arab Spring generally considered a failure?
    It had Obama's full support, so yeah, of course it was a fucking failure.
    ˇÓrale, vato!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    6,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I had Obama's full support, so yeah, of course i was a fucking failure.

    "I tried to stand up and fly straight, but it wasn't easy with that sumbitch Reagan in the White House."

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    So if your daughters come to you 10 years from now and say that they were repeatedly raped by a supervisor but they just could not come forward because they needed job or they couldn't deal with the embarrassment, that you would tell them to GTFO?
    I am fairly certain no one is getting raped repeatedly to keep a job, so that example is a little over the top and frankly just nutz. No one is going to allow that to happen to themselves. There is also this thing known as a statute of limitations, so I am certain after 10 years they are SOL finding any legal recourse.
    It would not stop me from blowing the offenders balls and head off though. Temporary insanity is a powerful defense under those circumstances.
    Anymore silly questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    6,972

    Is the "Me too" movement the Arab Spring for women?

    No statute of limitations on sex crimes in Oregon

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    10,309
    Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    No statute of limitations on sex crimes in Oregon
    I'm not seeing where this bill passed:

    Oregon prosecutors could file rape charges indefinitely after crime if corroborating evidence arises, under proposed bill


    this appears to be what is currently on the books - looks like it's only 12 years: ORS 131.125
    “We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.”
    ― Anaďs Nin

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,005
    Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    No statute of limitations on sex crimes in Oregon
    It is different everywhere.

    "For criminal cases, a prosecutor may file a charge of aggravated rape at any time, with no limitation (in California, an aggravated rape is rape that involves a weapon, more than one person, or seriously injures the victim). Prosecution for "normal" sexual assault has a statute of limitations of six years".


    Edit to add, if Harvey W does not turn up in the next year beat to a bloody pulp, well I would have to wonder about some of the men that love the women he raped. Just me though. I would do jail time over something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,180
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    For criminal cases, a prosecutor may file a charge of aggravated rape at any time, with no limitation (in California, an aggravated rape is rape that involves a weapon, more than one person, or seriously injures the victim).
    I'd love for CA legislators to provide me with an example of a rape that does not seriously injure the victim.

    It's the emotional component of assault that this society chooses to neglect.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    6,972
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'm not seeing where this bill passed:

    Oregon prosecutors could file rape charges indefinitely after crime if corroborating evidence arises, under proposed bill


    this appears to be what is currently on the books - looks like it's only 12 years: ORS 131.125
    Holy shit. The governor must not have signed it. WTF?

    https://www.opb.org/news/article/ore...mitations-law/

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    OREYGUN!
    Posts
    6,972
    ^ I searched for a while looking for the story on what happened. Got nada.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Anymore silly questions?
    OK fine, you were the one that started with the example of your daughter so let's just forget about that and call it a woman anyone anywhere. What do you mean they should announce it immediately or GTFO?

    I say if they get the balls or ovaries to discuss it 30 years later, let them.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    9,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I say if they get the balls or ovaries to discuss it 30 years later, let them.
    Bringing something, most anything up 10 years down the road does very little good due to statute of limitations in many cases, hence my opinion this needs to be brought up at the time when a rape kit for DNA can be processed and the crime scene investigated for DNA.
    All that is lost 10years down the road so it becomes a she said, he says. That sucks for both parties.
    This is a serious issue and needs to be treated seriously by the victim and law inforcement. Waiting does nothing to help the victim IMO. And in the case of people falsely accused, it is really hard to prove your innocent and avoid the social stigma that goes with being accused of sexual assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Electric Larry Land
    Posts
    5,317
    Quote Originally Posted by powderdaybeatsworkday View Post
    RE: Original post... Wasn't the Arab Spring generally considered a failure? A non start. Nothing became of it. All it really did was destabilize and regress any semblance of freedom in the Middle East.

    If this is the best you're hoping for, it doesn't sound so good for women. No a real smart example there buddy. I hope you can do better than this.

    No...I was referring to the fact that the Arab Spring started off powerully and then petered out, as I alluded to in the opening post, duh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •