Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    No statute of limitations on sex crimes in Oregon
    It is different everywhere.

"For criminal cases, a prosecutor may file a charge of aggravated rape at any time, with no limitation (in California, an aggravated rape is rape that involves a weapon, more than one person, or seriously injures the victim). Prosecution for "normal" sexual assault has a statute of limitations of six years".

Edit to add, if Harvey W does not turn up in the next year beat to a bloody pulp, well I would have to wonder about some of the men that love the women he raped. Just me though. I would do jail time over something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    For criminal cases, a prosecutor may file a charge of aggravated rape at any time, with no limitation (in California, an aggravated rape is rape that involves a weapon, more than one person, or seriously injures the victim).
    I'd love for CA legislators to provide me with an example of a rape that does not seriously injure the victim.

It's the emotional component of assault that this society chooses to neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'm not seeing where this bill passed:

Oregon prosecutors could file rape charges indefinitely after crime if corroborating evidence arises, under proposed bill

this appears to be what is currently on the books - looks like it's only 12 years: ORS 131.125
    Holy shit. The governor must not have signed it. WTF?

https://www.opb.org/news/article/ore...mitations-law/

^ I searched for a while looking for the story on what happened. Got nada.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Anymore silly questions?
    OK fine, you were the one that started with the example of your daughter so let's just forget about that and call it a woman anyone anywhere. What do you mean they should announce it immediately or GTFO?

I say if they get the balls or ovaries to discuss it 30 years later, let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I say if they get the balls or ovaries to discuss it 30 years later, let them.
    Bringing something, most anything up 10 years down the road does very little good due to statute of limitations in many cases, hence my opinion this needs to be brought up at the time when a rape kit for DNA can be processed and the crime scene investigated for DNA.
    All that is lost 10years down the road so it becomes a she said, he says. That sucks for both parties.
    This is a serious issue and needs to be treated seriously by the victim and law inforcement. Waiting does nothing to help the victim IMO. And in the case of people falsely accused, it is really hard to prove your innocent and avoid the social stigma that goes with being accused of sexual assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by powderdaybeatsworkday View Post
    RE: Original post... Wasn't the Arab Spring generally considered a failure? A non start. Nothing became of it. All it really did was destabilize and regress any semblance of freedom in the Middle East.

If this is the best you're hoping for, it doesn't sound so good for women. No a real smart example there buddy. I hope you can do better than this.

No...I was referring to the fact that the Arab Spring started off powerully and then petered out, as I alluded to in the opening post, duh.

Bump.

This has been hitting close to the office for me lately.

The fucker just resigned today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA