Kingpin Heel adapter for strength

Has anyone used a kingpin heel adapter in a pair of boots that didn't need it? It seems like it would add some strength to the notoriously weak heel welts of a lot of A/T boots.

I want to throw these on a pair of MTN labs, I messed up my first pair pretty bad with a marker Lord SP binding and I have little confidence with that setup now. The KPs work fine without the adapter, much wider heel on the KP.

do you mean dynafit beast adapter? I dont think the kingpin requires anything for heel to boot interface...

Side comment, do the MTN labs really get that beat up in alpine clamps?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    do you mean dynafit beast adapter? I dont think the kingpin requires anything for heel to boot interface...
    This is the Kingpin heel adapter. Its been OOS for a while though. I can't see it hurting as I use Beast heel fittings on Kingpins without issue

https://www.evo.com/ski-binding-part...t-heel-adapter

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    This is the Kingpin heel adapter. Its been OOS for a while though. I can't see it hurting as I use Beast heel fittings on Kingpins without issue

https://www.evo.com/ski-binding-part...t-heel-adapter
    Huh...color me surprised..thanks for the update.. looks like a beast heel piece...

It’s for super light boots in the tlt6/7 etc category, that haven’t got enough heel for alpine heel pieces, but no problem leaving it on there for stoutness, as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Side comment, do the MTN labs really get that beat up in alpine clamps?
    I messed a pair up pretty bad with low forward pressure. TBH, I haven't used my alpine bindings since, but I feel like I should hedge my bets before I ruin another pair.

The MTN Lab plastic is super soft though. I tour a pretty wide ski at 120mm and with sharp edges they have all but cut through cuff & shoe in a couple places.

Gotcha, I'm curious because my friend just got a pair he wants to use as a 1-boot quiver with Wardens. Didn't realize they're so soft.