Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rocky Mountain Underground 2018 North Shore 108 NEW!

New, in original factory shrink wrap, ONLY $499.00! see my listing on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocky-Mount...cAAOSwdW9aKKTERMU’s most anticipated ski of 2018 is the addition of
    the 108. The ski has been drawn up by RMU athletes from around the world. Featuring a stiffer core, the 108
    can handle high speeds for the bigger lines but is still agile enough for hucking. RMU has added a larger tip and tail rocker to bring the ski up to plane quickly. We have moved the contact surface forward allowing for a longer radius and added extra binding reinforcement for bigger drops. The 108 is a serious weapon and a great addition to any quiver.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6146.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	955.7 KB 
ID:	218225
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6147.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	218226

cool story bro

This model blows and RMU is generally a shitty company. Good luck with your overpriced ebay "sale". Their graphics are usually pretty good though so maybe take this to new schoolers.

The 108 is a serious weapon and a great addition to any quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    cool story bro
    can handle high speeds for the bigger lines

Lolz
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Lolz
    agile enough for hucking

Quote Originally Posted by skanktacular View Post
    This model blows and RMU is generally a shitty company. Good luck with your overpriced ebay "sale". Their graphics are usually pretty good though so maybe take this to new schoolers.

FYI....ski has been drawn up by RMU athletes from around the world

But guys, OP is super rad and totally crushes it! Check out these shots from Mt Hood that definitely weren't rotated to make it look steeper!!1!
    Name:  110570434_large_1494379310.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  29.0 KB
    Name:  110565580_medium_1494379304.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  40.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    But guys, OP is super rad and totally crushes it! Check out these shots from Mt Hood that definitely weren't rotated to make it look steeper!!1!
    Name:  110570434_large_1494379310.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  29.0 KB
    Name:  110565580_medium_1494379304.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  40.3 KB
    This guy obviously doesn't know that I am king of the tilt.

He also obviously don't know the rmu love doesn't run deep here.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Why do you say they are a shitty company?

The skis were mass produced for a couple years. We had rentals for a while in a shop I worked. My take on them (north shore and professor) is they were planky as fuck, while the apostles were pretty noodly. Didn’t work great out in Japan land, but could be better in a steeper big mountain scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Search function somewhat works around here. Use I:t. I would do I:t for you but I have shit to do.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

The biggest gripe with them is from a thread where RMU gave a pair of multiple-season old, defective to the point of unskiiable, away as part of a sweepstakes. The owner/mag put their son on them. Son got hurt. Dude checked their bases which were totally fucked (like >1mm out of flat, which is basically repairable given most bases are 1.2/1.4mm thick). RMU refused to do anything about it, but luckily Backcountry mag stepped in and hooked the dude up with skis that were actually functional.

Plus they've self admitted that they're more a dog collar company than a ski company at this point.

This thread is cracking me up lol. OP got torn a new butthole lol

I actually thought the OP did alright with his replies (mocking the RMU ad copy). I laughed. That's worth something? I'm not easily amused.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Here is the thread.

It only gets uglier after the first post. Lots of mags stepped up and helped out both the OP and some other folks who had issues with broken promises from RMU.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    The skis were mass produced for a couple years. We had rentals for a while in a shop I worked. My take on them (north shore and professor) is they were planky as fuck, while the apostles were pretty noodly. Didn’t work great out in Japan land, but could be better in a steeper big mountain scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by UTpowder View Post
    Search function somewhat works around here. Use I:t. I would do I:t for you but I have shit to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The biggest gripe with them is from a thread where RMU gave a pair of multiple-season old, defective to the point of unskiiable, away as part of a sweepstakes. The owner/mag put their son on them. Son got hurt. Dude checked their bases which were totally fucked (like >1mm out of flat, which is basically repairable given most bases are 1.2/1.4mm thick). RMU refused to do anything about it, but luckily Backcountry mag stepped in and hooked the dude up with skis that were actually functional.

Plus they've self admitted that they're more a dog collar company than a ski company at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi_Lee View Post
    Here is the thread.

It only gets uglier after the first post. Lots of mags stepped up and helped out both the OP and some other folks who had issues with broken promises from RMU.
    Yea, I remember that thread. skanktacular Said "generally a shitty company" so I assumed there was more than one instance. That was a fucked up deal but one fucked up deal does not equal "generally".

Whatever, I don't have a dog in the fight, just wondering if there was more bad stories out there. I happily ski apostles from when they were pressed in Denver, thought about going with North Shores but went a different direction for a few reasons.

Yea, I remember that thread. skanktacular Said "generally a shitty company" so I assumed there was more than one instance. That was a fucked up deal but one fucked up deal does not equal "generally". ......... just wondering if there was more bad stories out there......
    You really need to go read that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parkng View Post
    You really need to go read that thread.
    Just scanned through 12 pages of heresay. One person had a problem with RMU, a couple more didn't like the skis they tried (you and one other guy). Hell, more people chimed in that they like them than didn't. I think there was more bitching about DPS, man buns and land rovers than first hand accounts of skiing RMU.

The RMU's I had the tremendous displeasure of skiing were the single worst pieces of sh*t I have ever strapped my feet to.

(If i didn't make that clear the first time around)

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parkng View Post
    The RMU's I had the tremendous displeasure of skiing were the single worst pieces of sh*t I have ever strapped my feet to.

(If i didn't make that clear the first time around)
    That's cool, but that doesn't make for a "generally shitty company".

Doesn’t make them not a “generally shitty company”.

However, not standing behind their shitty skis makes them a generally shitty company.

I think you will have much better luck on eBay

SOLD!!!!! Thank you...he he he...he he he
    Last edited by ChunderBoy; 12-12-2017 at 08:57 AM.

I was there the day Chunderboy popped his cherry
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage