Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    damn d glad your clans okay
    like^^ he said anything we can do to help
    ask
    always a place in our home for you
    and youve seen the surplus of gear that resides in the man cave
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Wow. So sorry to see this.

Good luck with putting the pieces back together.

This is rough. Hang in there hutash, all uphill from here.

So sorry, hutash. I can't imagine the feeling of loss. Great to hear that you guys were able to laugh/cry about it. Even greater to hear that everybody is okay.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

So sorry for your devastating loss. It must be incredibly emotional and disquieting to go thru such a sea change so quickly.

Im hoping you both get back on your feet asap.

Whoa! Sorry for your loss. Glad you're all safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    If you need some help with anything DM me.
    You have any TT RS's laying around for Hutash?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Wow.
    Sorry to see this happen to you.
    I hope you bounce back quickly.

sorry to hear hutash but dam glad you and family are safe.

i've got some gear available throw into the pool.

Glad you all made it out safe but man that sucks! +++++++vibes+++++++++++
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

oh, shit. So sorry to see this. What a terrifying situation. Glad to hear you are all safe.

House fires suck. I can't imagine loosing a home that I had 30 years worth of memories in. I'm sorry that you're going through this.

Wow, glad you and yours are ok! Definitely have a xtra gear kicking around when you’re ready.

A friend had a fire and prompted me to revisit our house insurance. Current rates of building here are $320 per square foot. Take this tragedy as a chance to check and see if you could rebuild if this happened to you. We could not have so we bumped our home insurance.

And no, I’m not an agent.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

So sorry to hear, that's devastating. Good to hear your all safe.

I was watching the fires on TV and thought to myself, what would I grab if I only had a few minutes....

Lifes priorities changed in a couple of hours, unimaginable.

So sorry to hear about this. As others have said, the most important thing is that you and yours are OK and you can rebuild but that isn't going to be easy. You've always been there with advice for me and my pooches and that is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you now and going forward.
    The Sheriff is near!

Someone made a comment about helping with insurance, claims, etc.

Best thing I can suggest going into the claims process is to document everything. Paper trail, paper trail, paper trail.

- Get a notebook, keep track of all your contact with insurance claims (date, name of person you spoke to, contact info, topic of discussion). If contact is by email, keep all of them -- set up a folder in your email account and save all the emails received and sent.
    - Keep a copy of everything that is sent to you, and everything that you send out -- whether between you and insurer, or you and contractors (bids, invoices, etc), or anyone else at all (police or FD statements).
    - Keep a copy of all receipts for expenses you incur while displaced. Food, lodging, clothing, rental car, everything.
    - Ask your insurer(s) for a complete copy of your insurance policies and declarations sheets -- for homeowners, auto, and umbrella -- as applicable -- whatever coverage you have, get copies. Whether you have replacement coverage or actual cash value (depreciated value) could be significant. Make a claim under all policies.
    - In another notebook, start writing down everything you can recall about the personal property you had at the house. (Unless you have a record in some other fashion -- e.g., if you took video or photos to document possessions in the case of an emergency). Look online for photo records of possessions -- pics taken while on vacation, pics taken at your house -- download all that into a folder. Ask friends & relatives for photos taken at your house too.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

It is always tragic to something like this happen to someone you know (even if it is just through the internet). It is good to hear everyone is safe. Hang in there. And as the last 5 pages in this thread attest, the rest of us pseudo-dentists are here for you!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

There is (used to be) no place like home

sorry to hear about your house, very glad to see the most important stuff made it out.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I’ve driven the 405 with flames blazing. It’s surreal. Heading there next week.

Smoke In the Bay Area today. South winds.

Good luck, mang. Sorry to hear about this, but glad to know you made it out in time. Hope we can come up with some stuff to help you out when you get to that point.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    It has been a busy, and emotional day. We are exhausted, but I just want to say thanks to this mad house corner of the interests, and all the fantastic mags and machetes.

Did you know it is possible to laugh and cry at the same time? I didn't until today when we were both standing in the middle of over thirty years of our lives reduced to ash. One of us, cant remember who made a comment, and we both just burst out laughing and started crying at the same time. We just stood in the ash, hugged, laughed and cried at the same time. It was then we both new everything was all right. Don't know why, it just was. The picture was taken shortly after.

The support from everybody is fantastic, and makes a world of difference. Thanks to all, and I will add and update when I have a chance. I will get back to you all about gear and such, but right now are just trying to get life back to some form of normal. Some interesting experiences coming out of this which I hope to share soon.

In the mean time, Thanks and Cheers to all.

Dave and Elaine
    I think this is when you realize that it's not the gear we hoard over, the house renovations, or anything like that. It's the people you love and the experiences and memories you make with them that are the only things that truly matter in the end.

Glad you and your family are safe, I hope you guys can get resettled sooner rather than later.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Holy crap! It seems your wife was tuned into your need for survival. Sorry about your gear, what size boots do you wear?
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Got some extra gear if needed. Post sizes and needs and will do the best I can. Really sucks. take care.
    " have another hit of sweet california sunshine"

FKNA mang

Always here for you
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Hutash that is terrifying, you both must have been in shock. I'm so very sorry. It's painful watching this from CO, blessings to everyone dealing with the losses and upheaval of life.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    It has been a busy, and emotional day. We are exhausted, but I just want to say thanks to this mad house corner of the interests, and all the fantastic mags and machetes.

Did you know it is possible to laugh and cry at the same time? I didn't until today when we were both standing in the middle of over thirty years of our lives reduced to ash. One of us, cant remember who made a comment, and we both just burst out laughing and started crying at the same time. We just stood in the ash, hugged, laughed and cried at the same time. It was then we both new everything was all right. Don't know why, it just was. The picture was taken shortly after.

The support from everybody is fantastic, and makes a world of difference. Thanks to all, and I will add and update when I have a chance. I will get back to you all about gear and such, but right now are just trying to get life back to some form of normal. Some interesting experiences coming out of this which I hope to share soon.

In the mean time, Thanks and Cheers to all.

Dave and Elaine

hutash...

my Condolences...

You are a great contributor here --

more follow-up to follow. yes, it will be okay : and it is a life - altering event...

I am Sorry.

more soon... Thank you for your contributions here. tj