trying to find stiff 130 tongues for Head Hammer 25.5. Any suggestions?

Anybody that works with Head boots have advice on how to find these? Thanks

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Any Head dealer should be able to order them for you.

Sorry can't help you with tongue, but can you share your thoughts on this boot.

It seems like a well designed bot that's largely been ignored. I've never been able to try one on and very little is said about it online.

Have not acquired, fit or used them yet. On the fence about completing a deal if I can't get both sets of tongues. I like 3 piece shells, stiff boots, rubbery soles and a walk-mode. I am hoping these will work for me. (I know I should just get the red ones)

You could probably hack a #10 Full Tilt tongue onto those. The 10 is probably more like a 110 or 120 flex, but it's almost undoubtedly cheaper and easier to find than a replacement Head tongue. I remember putting some on an old pair of Kryptons, which look like they have a similar shell shape to your Heads, on a day when I felt like experimenting. Worked out okay.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesj View Post
    ...and a walk-mode. I am hoping these will work for me. (I know I should just get the red ones)
    Hammer doesn't have a walk mode.

I once put a racy stiff flexon tongue on Lasers and they went from ultra soft to quite functional as a downhill boot. I used those in lieu of alpine boots for a light season of skiing. While Flexon/FullTilt parts are more common I would rather not have to futz around trying to make something work. One pair of Frankenboots is enough for me.

Masterfit reviews(multiple years)
    Say 130 is a stiff 130 fwiw.

They could be a great boot for the right foot. We got in 2 pair of the 130's just to check them out, head sucks at marketing in the US market... the rep keeps telling us we can send them back if we want. The shell overall is LOW volume, seems to be the same last shape as a rapter but in a cabrio stile of boot. The 130 has a intuition liner so actual fit is hard to tell until you cook it. The shell is also heat moldable. The rubber soles are added to the boots then the heel and toe lugs are routed off like a race boot with lifters.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    They could be a great boot for the right foot. We got in 2 pair of the 130's just to check them out, head sucks at marketing in the US market... the rep keeps telling us we can send them back if we want. The shell overall is LOW volume, seems to be the same last shape as a rapter but in a cabrio stile of boot. The 130 has a intuition liner so actual fit is hard to tell until you cook it. The shell is also heat moldable. The rubber soles are added to the boots then the heel and toe lugs are routed off like a race boot with lifters.
    Didn't they stop making the 130?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Didn't they stop making the 130?
    they dont have them on the site but head had them in stock still.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Interesting. I'd hit up some local head shops to you then. If you're in the NE, there are quite a few that stock them.

I'm also interested to see how they fit and perform. Not much out there on them.

I wouldn't put a Full Tilt tongue on to those, no way it will work quite right. Especially if you haven't bought them yet.

BTW, those do look really nice overall, but not as burly as my custom Full Tilt build which uses a rigid boot board, full intuition liner, hard plastic tall spoiler and roughly 140 flex tongue setup. But the chassis looks far beefier, and the boot overall is about 2lbs heavier. Meh....I'd try pair but but would have to put a considerable amount of time into customizing it. I also doubt the tongue has the same linear flex as the full tilts.

https://www.onthesnow.com/gear/a/104...mer-130--2018-

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    BTW, those do look really nice overall, but not as burly as my custom Full Tilt build which uses a rigid boot board, full intuition liner, hard plastic tall spoiler and roughly 140 flex tongue setup. But the chassis looks far beefier, and the boot overall is about 2lbs heavier. Meh....I'd try pair but but would have to put a considerable amount of time into customizing it. I also doubt the tongue has the same linear flex as the full tilts.

https://www.onthesnow.com/gear/a/104...mer-130--2018-
    So badass.

Thanks for some collective wisdom! I got in touch with a shop but haven't heard back yet. I'm kind of on the fence if the tongues are too pricey or don't exist.

Frankenboots are somewhat like café racers: to do them right takes ideas, design, engineering, craft, time and money (or parts). I just want to find the right 3-piece for me with medium and stiffer tongues. I should probably just stick with vintage Krypton Cross, or a newer Krypton in 25.5. (or the red ones)
    I will likely score the Hammers unless I muster sufficient common sense not to gamble on boots I haven't tried on, not that it would be the first time I did that.

Thanks again

I had 2 days on mine and like the fit and overall feeling after bad experience with Lupo Carbon TI. My lower back was even happier. I know, two boots are made for different purposes, but as a dedicated inbound boots I really liked the flex and fit of Hammer 130. First upgrade I'm going to make is install the Booster strap and probably Intuition wrap liner later. I had them with hard tongues.

Andrew

What's the forward lean?

It's pretty upright, which is pretty common for modern boots. I think, I've seen somewhere a number of 16 degrees.

Andrew