Mechanical/Design Engineering Internship

Figured it's worth a shot to post on here. I'm a 3rd year mechanical engineering student at Northwestern University (just outside of Chicago), with a concentration in design and manufacturing. I'm looking for an internship next summer. I have a lot of CAD experience (Solidworks and NX/Unigraphics), as well as hands-on experience from projects, Baja off-road car team, and my various hobbies. Last summer I worked for Ilmor Engineering as a mechanical and design engineering intern. Ilmor is a high performance manufacturer of racing engines (Penske's IndyCar engines, NASCAR, ARCA) as well as marine engines and drive systems (Mastercraft, Formula Boats, and a few others). High GPA, President of the ski team as well

I'm based out of Colorado, so it would be great to go back for the summer, but I'm willing to relocate anywhere in the country for the summer. Especially locations most Mags live. If you or your company are looking for interns hit me up! Would love to work for a company in the outdoors industry, anything high performance, or really anywhere the work is interesting and you like what your company does. Thank you!

If you have interest in Western Washington, and a tolerance for government bureaucracy, I humbly suggest looking into the NADP internship program with NAVSEA.

PM me if you're at all interested and I can dig around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Figured it's worth a shot to post on here. I'm a 3rd year mechanical engineering student at Northwestern University (just outside of Chicago), with a concentration in design and manufacturing. I'm looking for an internship next summer. I have a lot of CAD experience (Solidworks and NX/Unigraphics), as well as hands-on experience from projects, Baja off-road car team, and my various hobbies. Last summer I worked for Ilmor Engineering as a mechanical and design engineering intern. Ilmor is a high performance manufacturer of racing engines (Penske's IndyCar engines, NASCAR, ARCA) as well as marine engines and drive systems (Mastercraft, Formula Boats, and a few others). High GPA, President of the ski team as well

I'm based out of Colorado, so it would be great to go back for the summer, but I'm willing to relocate anywhere in the country for the summer. Especially locations most Mags live. If you or your company are looking for interns hit me up! Would love to work for a company in the outdoors industry, anything high performance, or really anywhere the work is interesting and you like what your company does. Thank you!
    Hey dude, shoot me a PM. We have all kinds of design and engineering stuff going on. Hands on stuff and computer time. 2x CNC routers at the moment, looking to grow that number and perhaps add a CNC mill as well. I have 1 full time engineer right now but he's taped on workload and we want to expand our current product line (holsters/firearm accessories) and perhaps look at motorsports and other things in the future. We've actually been looking at hiring an intern.

15 minutes to touring and 45 minutes to lifts from the office. And 5-10 minutes from any other outdoor recreation you'd want. I tolerate TGR time within reason, so long as it's not impeding your work and you're not on it as much as me.

[QUOTE=Leavenworth Skier;5184884. I tolerate TGR time within reason, so long as it's not impeding your work and you're not on it as much as me. [/QUOTE]

he's a good boss too

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler View Post
    he's a good boss too
    Name:  1317051712978_9808514.png
Views: 129
Size:  26.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Would love to work for a company in the outdoors industry
    I know quite a few people who have done this, and you'll get paid more and you'll get to ski more if you don't work in the ski industry. YMMV.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

meager stoke

How's your Mandarin? If you work for K2 or Black Diamond, most of their products are produced in China. So you would be spending significant time there. China travel is Cool if you don't go there very much, but even the Chinese guys I work with get tired of it. Some of our new hires ( I'm in consumer electronics industry) have spent 150-180 days a year in China. Others travel less but even a couple 2 weeks trips in the winter take up a lot of your ski season.